shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with custom spacer ring -- any pics?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moneypenny02

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I am shopping for my wedding band, and am having some difficulty. I definitely wanted something that sat flush, but I have a pretty low trellis setting, so nothing is going to naturally sit flush with it. I considered even getting it reset (b/c I''m really anal about it sitting flush), but I went into a jeweler today and he suggested getting a spacer ring (first time I heard of this option even though he was like the 4th jeweler I visited). It seemed like a possibly good idea, but I wanted to see pics of anyone WITH a spacer to see what it looked like, and how close the spacer got around the setting to see if THAT part would now bother me.

I have searched the forums already and saw a few people with plain, thin bands as spacers, and that wouldn''t work for me/my ring. I really would love to see pics of people who have a notched ring, or a ring that otherwise was made specifically to go with the e-ring so that I can see how good a job they can do with that.
(As an aside, if anyone has used BRAG in Boston Jewelers Exchange and can tell me how good of a job they did, that would be very helpful as well!)

Any pics of rings sets with spacers would be great!

Thanks!

moneypenny02

Rough_Rock
Sorry, just to clarify, when I say a "plain thin band" won''t work for me, I don''t mean that I want the spacer to be ornate--I just mean that the spacer cannot be a solid flat ring, it needs to be notched or something to fit perfectly with the e-ring. I wouldn''t get any diamonds or anything on it.

kmcq

Rough_Rock
I''m not sure if this is what you mean, but I had to buy a curved band so that it would sit flush with my e-ring. These were all bought at different jewellers and I kinda like the non-matchy.

24932_409715207657_681482657_5013297_1595656_n.jpg

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I''m planning to get one made like researcher has. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-post-your-shared-prong-w-bands-and-spacer-rings.28171/

moneypenny02

Rough_Rock
@sizzle

I had seen the one posted by researcher, and that would be perfect for me. I just don''t know if most end up being made that well, or if that is uniquely well done. Have you already started the process of getting it made, or still just planning?

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/11/2010 8:14:46 PM
Author: moneypenny02
@sizzle

I had seen the one posted by researcher, and that would be perfect for me. I just don''t know if most end up being made that well, or if that is uniquely well done. Have you already started the process of getting it made, or still just planning?
Hi,
I haven''t started the process yet. It''s just an idea because I have a five stone x prong band and an X prong solitaire. There''s a little gap.

moneypenny02

Rough_Rock
Are you planning on getting it done by whiteflash also?

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/11/2010 11:50:30 PM
Author: moneypenny02
Are you planning on getting it done by whiteflash also?
No, I would go through Brian Gavid Diamond, as they made my X prong.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
waht does BGD recommend?

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Making a wedding band which fits a curved engagement band is exceptionally simple. If the trellis only requires a small amount of curvature, your jeweler can buy a stock band that already has spaces for all of the small diamonds and bend it to fit. This is easy with the special tools that we have available. If the curvature needs to be greater, your jeweler can make the band from two bent bars, which are welded together and then any small stones added to it. Any good bench person can do this and the bulk of the cost is in the diamonds, making it less expensive than most "custom" projects. I added this picture to show that you can get some really tight curves, fairly easily.

DaveSet2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results