shape
carat
color
clarity

Looks like I have two good picks.. HELP! Opinions needed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nicknomo

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I have two AGS diamonds I am looking at, both from blue nile. I''m going to place an order just to see if I can get a winner.. and if not, it will cost me about 25$ to send it back.

Here are my choices, what''s my best chance?

1.43ct H, SI1, 8200$, AGS0, Pretty good score in the HCA. It has a black inclusion near the edge, that looks tuckable. Of course, you always risk it being reflected. It also has some clouds on the table.
http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?pid=LD00253389&query=2&filter_id=0

Next up is the one I posted before in the other forum topic.
1.50 G, SI2, 8800$, AGS1 ok scores in HCA. Not bad, but better than what I''ve seen and liked in terms of brilliance. Small table inclusion(crystalization) and a bunch of feathers, according to blue nile.
http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?pid=LD00237191&query=2&filter_id=0

It will be going on a white gold solitaire setting.

I was thinking the H SI1, although a little smaller will be a very brilliant and beautiful stone. But it''s not every day I spend 8-9k so I wanted some opinions..

Of course, selecting NONE is an option... Let me know.
Thanks!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I've been sitting here for five minutes trying to figure out which one to recommend. And I'm stumped. They both seem like great stones.

Have you asked BlueNile any questions about them? I think your instinct to go with the H SI1 can't go wrong. As you said, if the inclusion is noticeable, you can return it.

It's hard to find stones in the 1.4-1.49 range because cutters just fudge a little her and there to get it over 1.50. That's saving you some $ that you would otherwise have to make up in clarity or color or cut. As long as it's eye-clean, it sounds great.

nicknomo

Shiny_Rock
Bluenile couldn't tell me much about the inclusions other than what I mentioned. I think I'm decided on the SI1, because it has less risk of not being eye clean... not to mention that cut looks very nice.

The thing that worries me is the black inclusion near the edge... However, it looks close enough to be tucked under a prong. I've seen inclusions that get reflected, shwoing the same inclusion in more than one spot, or elongating it... Hopefully that's not the case.

I too like the fact that it is a 1.43. The size difference is minimal, and I save a some money thanks to the lower price range. I'd buy it now, but I need to get my credit upped first... I have a capitol one card, which should protect me from any possible problems.. but I've heard good things about blue nile.

48 hr. hold seems to be in order :)

nicknomo

Shiny_Rock
Oh, thankyou for the response btw!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results