shape
carat
color
clarity

can i make a cluster ring into a pendant?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snuapril01

Rough_Rock
i have been looking for a specific design pendant in opal and diamonds, but non of the newly made ones pleased me. so I started looking at vintage and antique jewelries, and found this beautiful ring I love. but I was originally looking for a pendant since I already have one opal and diamond ring.
it is pretty much flower shape setting of 14 little opals and 8 diamonds mixed together in 18k yellow gold.
and I was wondering if it is possible to cut or melt away the ring band part and turn it into a pendant without completely resetting it to a new mounting.
any one has done something like this?

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
in many cases the ring can be made into a pendant,but there are times when the gems(like opal)must be removed from the setting and re-set which is expensive and there is a chance of breaking or chipping opals when reset(also the setting fees may be more then the opals are worth!).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results