shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal by Sunset

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tasarian

Rough_Rock

First off Thank You to everybody who helped me pick out the most beautiful engagement ring and the knowledge people share on this fabulous site. Original post regarding the ring is here

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-carat-size-should-i-go-with.126663/

and attached are some pictures of it.

Ring was from James Allen (amazing company & experience btw)

Diamond
Shape: Round Brilliant Hearts and Arrows
Carat: 1.055
Color: H
Clarity: VS2

Ring
18 stones
Carat .54 ctw
Color G-H
Clarity: VS2- SI1

So it all happened by sunset in Barbados last week. On the evening of our vacation I spontaneously suggested we go for a sunset stroll along the beach and take some sunset photos. Little did she know that the camera was back in the room and tucked away in the camera case over my shoulder was the ring box with her engagement ring.

Earlier in the trip I picked out a beautiful location on the beach where a wonderful forest of pink desert roses grew on the beach perimeter. When we arrived at our location the beach was near empty, I pretended I hadn''t noticed the flowers before and suggested she stand in front of them and I''ll take a nice picture with her and the flowers in the background. As she took the bait and struck a pose, I casually got down on one knee pretending to be a professional photographer. "Perfect" I said as I began to unzip the camera case, to her surprise I held up the ring box instead of a camera. I then told her how much I loved her and wanted to be with her forever and then aked her to marry me. At this point she was crying and said Yes of course!! I put the ring on her finger and we kissed. It was as perfect as I had imagined it would be and something we''ll remember forever.
emteeth.gif

ring3march262010.jpg

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I already admired your ring in the other thread, but wanted to say that''s a really sweet proposal story :)

BillBigs

Rough_Rock
Tasarian,

Congrats on your ring and great story. I plan on doing my own sunset proposal in a few weeks so I''m interested in hearing more of the details including how you were able to hide the ring going through customs and in the hotel prior to the proposal. I"ll be traveling from London to the Carribean soon and l''ve been trying to sort out the final details so I''d love to hear more.

Rockout

Rough_Rock
Great proposal - it sounds like your planning really paid off. I love the riing too!

Good luck with everything!

Tasarian

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/28/2010 11:43:05 AM
Author: BillBigs
Tasarian,

Congrats on your ring and great story. I plan on doing my own sunset proposal in a few weeks so I''m interested in hearing more of the details including how you were able to hide the ring going through customs and in the hotel prior to the proposal. I''ll be traveling from London to the Carribean soon and l''ve been trying to sort out the final details so I''d love to hear more.

Hi Bill, the thought didn''t cross my mind regarding hiding the ring at customs.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Great job on the ring, and also on the wonderful proposal!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results