shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your "signature" piece..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
What's your signature piece of jewelry, something you wear all the time, or cherish as a favorite piece? Something that really "screams" you?

Preferably something other than your engagement/wedding ring...

When did you get it, and why? Is it an heirloom, or something you designed yourself?

Is it a ring? bracelet? earrings? broach? cuff links? necklace? watch? Nothing?

lil425

Shiny_Rock
Hi ringthings - I am having a ring made by James Meyer now. Hopefully that will become my signature piece. He is setting a .91 rb diamond with 2 .48 oval rubies in 18k yellow gold.

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
I wear a Tiffany''s bracelet, because well, my name is Tiffany and it seems to fit the bill :)

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
lil425-
It sounds lovely. I''d love to see a photo when it comes in!

dearbuddh-
Nice, I like their bracelets. What an appropriate name for a jewelry-lover. :)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably my tsavorite garnet in a lotus setting. I love garnets and the ring is just stunning to me :)
500x375.aspx

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
This is a pendant my husband bought me for my 40th birthday. It got me back into wearring some of my gold pieces. He said he liked it beacuse it was unique and kind of funky, like me. He''s so sweet!!

keshi1.jpg

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Aside from my wedding rings, mine is a gold enamelled blue "cameo" ring with a woman in profile and sprinkled with diamonds. I have never seen anything like it on anyone else.

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/27/2010 2:19:40 PM
Author: lil425
Hi ringthings - I am having a ring made by James Meyer now. Hopefully that will become my signature piece. He is setting a .91 rb diamond with 2 .48 oval rubies in 18k yellow gold.
I can''t wait to see it!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2010 2:19:26 PM
Author: siamese3
This is a pendant my husband bought me for my 40th birthday. It got me back into wearring some of my gold pieces. He said he liked it beacuse it was unique and kind of funky, like me. He''s so sweet!!

Beautiful necklace and ring.

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
Mine is probably the earrings in my avatar. They are bezeled slices of watermelon tourmaline that drop from gold hoops.

They aren''t the most perfect specimens, but they''re elegant and unique and they remind me of Crete, where I bought them. I''m not Greek but I speak a little Greek (just a little, though) and the shopkeeper/jeweler was talking about them (in English) and she said, "They resemble the fruit... what do you call it..." and I said "oh, karpouzi" (the Greek word for watermelon) like it was nothing. I think she and I were equally surprised that I knew the word.
2.gif

reader

Brilliant_Rock
A sterling silver ram''s head torc from Crafty Celts. I also have wrist torcs to match. They go from day to evening very well, and I wear them a lot when traveling.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe my signature piece is a bit boring, but since I don''t wear very much jewelry, I guess it''s all I have to say "me." That is my diamond stud earring set. I wear them about 90% of the time. I take them out once every other month for a week or so just to enjoy some of my fashion jewelry.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
For years and years and years, my signature pieces were my rough diamond rings: the green one is below, and I have a matching white one that I can''t figure out where I stashed the pictures of. I wore them on the middle fingers of my hands.

Rough Ring 13.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
When I got engaged, I ruefully realized that I couldn''t wear a diamond next to another diamond without courting disaster, and it just didn''t feel the same to wear only one at a time ... so while I still pull them out periodically to wear one at a time, they''re no longer my signatures.

In terms of signature style, I would guess everybody who knows me would leap in with a "Family Feud" style "I know! I know!" with "BIG EARRINGS" as the obvious answer. But there''s no one pair of earrings I''d point at (though the fact that I have something like half a dozen pear dangles points to a certain, ah, preference). Perhaps the new pear pendant will be my signature piece? Lordie knows I haven''t taken it off since V-Day ....
41.gif

New Years & V-Day 2010 036.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And, a profile shot, just because I''m still house-proud.
25.gif

New Years & V-Day 2010 0370.jpg

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
This is a RHR I frequently wear. I have never seen anything similar on anyone else. Excuse the DIY manicure. We were snowed in!

IMAG0034.jpg

reader

Brilliant_Rock
The rough diamond rings are yummy, more information please! (I love the pear pendant too, looks like it lays perfectly flat and the stone is to die for)

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks, Reader! Coming from you, I''m especially flattered (your collection is one of my favorites). I have a thread up on the white one, which is easier than digging through all my folders: it lives
here. I guess I never gave my green its own thread - I will have to rectify that soon! And thanks for the pendant compliment - I''m still at the point where I go back and forth between loving it completely and freaking out because I don''t know enough about pears to be sure. Ah, the joys of perfectionism ....
41.gif

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
This are all so pretty!

I especially love the pear pendent.

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
I''m not sure what my signature piece is yet.

I recently retired a class ring, replacing it with a silver and stone ring.

On the other hand, I have an heirloom ring.

I really want to custom design a pendent out of either heirloom stones of some kind, or just find some stones I like and design something exactly how I want it.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
@Circe, *blushing* thank you, I had no idea anyone here even noticed what I had...you completely made my day and I LOVE your sense of style.

Not the best photo of my torcs, but that''s what I''m known for around here. The diamond gets very little notice.

torcs.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
I guess my signature piece of jewelry would be pearl strands. I loved pearls for years and rarely walk out the door without a pearl strand. Over the years, i''ve picked up some from my mother and grandmother, and others my husband gave me and switched around, but always have one on daily. I wore them before I really knew anything about where they came from, or the type of pearl, but I wore them because they came from some loved one, and loved their beauty.

Since coming to PS and learning more about Tahitians, south seas, akoyas and others, I''ve expanded the collection. I switch around and wear them single strand, layered or mixed up together, but there is almost always one on. So I guess pearls would be a signature piece of jewelry.

Watches would be a close second

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I just bought my first diamonds a couple of months ago - stud earrings - and they haven''t been out of my ears for more than a few minutes to clean them :) I guess they''re my signature piece for now!

gracerace

Rough_Rock
well,mine is the necklace,as it wears simple and when i have a shower i do not need to take it off,haha,so it maybe my signature piece

lil425

Shiny_Rock
Ringthings -

My new ring is my avatar - I also have a thread and more pics in SMTR. this is my signature piece. I wear it 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results