shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with Miami proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bayoubengal

Rough_Rock
We are flying into Miami on May 29th (her parent''s anniversary) and leaving on the 30th for a 7 day cruise. Her parent''s, some of their friends, and possibly my mom will be along for the cruise.

We are staying at the Mandarin Oriental hotel which seems very nice. I am trying to come up with some ideas to propose to her that Saturday when we arrive. Here are some I''ve come up with, but any help would be appreciated.

1. Call hotel staff and see if they will go along with this. Have them have a fake drawing for dinner on their private beach. We put in for the drawing and win it for two people. Have them setup dinner for us by ourselves and after a nice romantic dinner propose to her there on their private beach overlooking downtown Miami.

2. Would like to go to the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens. Looks to be really gorgeous. They have a nighttime tour during full moon, but I think we are going to miss it by a couple of days. If we do the tour, it would have to be one of the first things we do when we get there because tours stop couple hours after our plane lands. I could get her mom to help by saying she wants to tour it.

Any other suggestions????

I definitely like your idea with the whole dinner drawing--really cute & will totally throw her off!

Lestat

Shiny_Rock
I also like the dinner draw idea! The hotel might not want to do it publicly since it''s not a real draw, but maybe when you check in they could send someone up to your room and announce to you both that you are their 1 millionth guest or something and give you the dinner for two as a prize?

Any way you go about it, it seems like a very special private romantic moment and I''m sure it''ll go well! Good luck!

GoldfishPie

Rough_Rock
I vote the first one... Vizcaya Gardens are beautiful, and I think she'd want to see them during the day, in full bloom

bayoubengal

Rough_Rock
OK, well I checked with the hotel. They have an "engagement" concierge who will help. Price starts at $500 but you get dinner for two setup on the small private beach, bottle of champage, three course dinner from their restaurant which is one of best in town, and they will help with the proposal idea, from fortune cookie, gondola ride, to candles in the sand. Looks like it would be pretty nice, just not sure if it is worth the price. Here is a pic of what the setup looks like, couldn''t get pic to post, so I posted a link to it.

http://z.about.com/d/create/1/0/e/x/1/-/Valentine-s-07---opium-bed2.JPG

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I''m late to this and not sure if you''ll check it again but just wanted you to keep in mind that Memorial weekend is notorious for being the worst weekend in terms of rain. We get severe storms every single year. If you are going to pay the $500, I would make sure that they have a back-up plan and can provide you with other services that you may not be able to enjoy if it rains (and it most likely will).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results