shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you help me find a close second to this Tiffany Band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok- I''''m coming for help, I am infatuated with this Tiffany band... but not really the price but I might just have to give in
and I''''m at a loss of trying to find one similar with the same width...2 mm. I actually don''''t care if its white gold in the middle instead of plat, like the Tiff band. Any help or your thoughts will be very much appreciated

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oops, this was to suppose to go into the Jewelry Forum... Mods please move for me.. Thank you!

ETA: my only thought is buying a channel set cast (2mm width) and adding white gold tubing in it? is that doable or recommended for the look?

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think that was probably put together with the two outside yellow gold bands being separate and sandwiching a preformed white gold rod or tube in the middle. Bring all three together, solder from the inside and the whole deal looks seamless. Just don''t try to size it !
The reason I say this is that there is just no way to bend the center tube to that tight of a radius and fit the groove that tightly and still have a good joint in the white gold piece. I hope that helps you to understand how this was assembled !

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Call e-weddingbands.com and ask them. They have such reasonable prices and I see no reason why they couldn''t make a ring like that. They offer two tone, they offer rings with enging like that... seems a simple combo.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Michael for your explanation.

DD- you know whats funny I thought about asking eweddingbands, but then just never did email them, hoping that maybe someone might have seen a stock setting similar somewhere, but alas, I will ask them and check it out. Thanks for your input.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dangit, I can''t see the picture!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh let me move the pictures over packy...

ETA:

tiffanybandring.JPG

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh I LOOOVE it!! I was just on that site the other day oogling that one! Also a swing band that I''d never seen before. ooo la la are you going to have something made?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2010 10:48:23 PM
Author: packrat
Ohhhh I LOOOVE it!! I was just on that site the other day oogling that one! Also a swing band that I''d never seen before. ooo la la are you going to have something made?
hehee.. not sure, I really don''t want to do a replica... wishing it was this one so not sure, its in the back of my miind (maybe for an anniversary?)...
37.gif
so how you been? anymore progress with your projects?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
That ring would look really pretty w/rose & white gold too! Anniversary present would be great methinks!

Little bit of progress..Michael has rough in and is going to cut the piece he thinks will work best. It does have a smidge of green in it, so he said we''ll just see how it turns out. He''s right in the middle of some projects tho, so it will be a bit before he gets to mine. I''m still lusting over Uppy''s ring too, so I guess I''m just going to have to have TWO 3 stone rings!

When does your bezel band get here? Any new projects on your end?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
not much else going on... that is basically it
39.gif
maybe for the year.... for now
27.gif
and yes, I'm an enabler, and want to see you get two three stones
31.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Goh-you''re just NAUGHTY! You and Uppy are birds of a feather enablers to me. Ha, no wonder I love you guys so much!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
wow - it''s beautiful! I love the sandwiched look :) and so delicate

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2010 11:50:42 AM
Author: Maevie
wow - it''s beautiful! I love the sandwiched look :) and so delicate
hey Maevie!

I know, isn''t it just soo delicate in simple form?

update- E-weddingbands do not make them in smaller width than 4mm
7.gif
awww.... guess that''ll go on the anniversary list... six months and counting...lol

purselover

Ideal_Rock
That is such a pretty ring, I really hope you get it for your anniversary!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Ha, ha -- there must be some sort of PS group think with this ring!

I''ve been wearing my "tall halo" on my right hand and I''ve been looking for a new wedding band. I have this one bookmarked! I actually didn''t think the price was too horrible for Tiffany''s. I wish there was a photo of the profile -- I''m having a hard time imagining it. Is it rounded? Flat edges with domed center?

D&T, have you tried it on?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2010 1:38:00 PM
Author: purselover
hope so too.

Sara! haha - I have not tried it on yet, but I have had several plain bands (no stones) lately in the 2-2.5mm range (so as for the width I really like it! and I want something along the line of my semi bezel with channel set diamonds, but I didnt want any diamonds in my wedding band - even though I wanted the *Look* of sorta matching the lines of my semi beze- maybe I'm confusing you
37.gif
I have a feeling if you can imagine the profile side is flat (like my honey band) but in the middle instead of the diamonds, it has the round white metal/plat tubing so it would be domed in the middle like you suggested. I'm not quite sure when I'll be hitting Tiffany, but you are right the price isn't bad, but it would be nice to find something less still kwim - since I don't care if it is plat or white gold in the middle.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 12:29:12 PM
Author: D&T
Date: 3/25/2010 1:38:00 PM

Author: purselover

hope so too.

Sara! haha - I have not tried it on yet, but I have had several plain bands (no stones) lately in the 2-2.5mm range (so as for the width I really like it! and I want something along the line of my semi bezel with channel set diamonds, but I didnt want any diamonds in my wedding band - even though I wanted the *Look* of sorta matching the lines of my semi beze- maybe I'm confusing you
37.gif
I have a feeling if you can imagine the profile side is flat (like my honey band) but in the middle instead of the diamonds, it has the round white metal/plat tubing so it would be domed in the middle like you suggested. I'm not quite sure when I'll be hitting Tiffany, but you are right the price isn't bad, but it would be nice to find something less still kwim - since I don't care if it is plat or white gold in the middle.

I don't know if it's good or bad that I understood everything you said
9.gif
You know you're a PS'er when...

But I do think it would be gorgeous with your semi-bezel. So sleek. A nice mix of cool modern with classic lines. Yum! I, too, love 2 mm bands. And if this ring came in 18 kt. yg and 18 kt. white gold, I'd be hitting the "order"button. But I'm thinking the contrast between the yellow gold and platinum is what really makes this ring stand out - color and texture differences between the two metals.

Let us know if you get to try it on, though I'm sure they won't allow hand shots
8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results