shape
carat
color
clarity

2 possible proposal ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bobvance

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone on this forum. I''ve been lurking around the proposal ideas for about a year, but have never posted anything until tonight.

My g/f and I have been dating for almost 3 years and are currently living together. She''s been anxious about getting engaged for some time now, and we picked out a ring together last weekend. I''ve been trying to think of a special time to propose to her, and think easter may be a good time.

3 years ago she stayed at college (as opposed to going home) for easter to work on her many projects senior year. I asked her to my family''s easter dinner and she decided to come. After dinner, we sat down on my couch and we both mentioned we had a crush on each other. We will be heading back to my parents house (about 400 miles away) for easter this year, and I thought about reliving that night by proposing to her in my parents living room. My only concerns with this idea would be the awkwardness of being proposed to in my parent''s house, and the trip is going to be very quick.

My alternate idea is as follows: The first summer we dated, we took a 2-week roadtrip together. We camped, hiked and explored lots of small coastal towns. We won''t be able to recreate the roadtrip we had taken previously, however, we could take a shorter roadtrip over a long weekend early in the summer to a different place. I''ve got a place in mind that is only a few hours away, is camper friendly, and neither one of us has ever explored it yet.

So, my question out there to all the ladies (and the gentlemen can feel free to answer as well), which idea sounds more fantastic, and what might your concerns be with the ideas? Do ladies prefer the "destination proposal?"

Thanks in advance for your help!

Rockout

Rough_Rock
I would like to hear opinions from some ladies on this subject as I have the same question about destination proposals.

I think the Easter dinner proposal sounds nice. You are with her family which, depending on dynamics, can be a very joyous occassion for all.

Good luck with everything :)

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
The best proposal is the one that
will suit you and your girlfriend the best.
How comfortable is she with your family?
Would they be "In on it"?
Would the actual proposal be just the two of you with
celebration with the family afterward?
Or would it be in front of the whole family?
I think it could be very special and romantic.

On the other hand many couples seem to get engaged during camping trips. Maybe it is the beauty of nature that is inspiring. How comfortable is your girl with the great
outdoors? Would she be OK if Mother Nature chooses to rain on your parade? Would you?

The first scenario lends itself more to careful planning
while the second is more seat of the pants.Either could work well for the right people.

bobvance

Rough_Rock
Rockout: It''s actually my family, and we all get along just fine.

MissMina: I agree, it has to be personal and it has to be perfect. For the Easter idea, I was thinking about doing it alone with just the 2 of us. We''ll be celebrating the holiday on Saturday (as we have to drive back home on Sunday), so, I thought about proposing on Saturday night. Then, we could celebrate with my close family on Sunday morning and afternoon while we do the other holiday stuff.

I''ve been thinking more about the easter idea over the past few days though, and I''d hate to leave her family out of it. I''ll be getting her parent''s blessing first, but, I feel guilty not including them (if I was to include my family instead), as they are like my family down here. I also lived with them for a summer, so, we are pretty close.

I think you''re right about the camping proposal...the beauty of nature would be an inspiring backdrop to the event. My g/f is very comfortable with the outdoors, and if the weather doesn''t cooperate, we can make do. We once camped 20 miles, on a dirt road, from the nearest town in the backwoods of Maine...and it poured all night! I think she would really enjoy this, especially if it were like reliving the roadtrip we took a few years ago.

I''m more of a spontaneous person, so for now, I''m leaning towards the camping idea. That mean''s I''ll be waiting for about 2 more months to do it, but, it''ll give me lots of time to pick out the right location.

Thanks for the advice!

Rockout

Rough_Rock
Bobvance: Good luck in whatever you choose!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results