shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I can''t stop eating. I feel like I can''t get full tonight. THIS IS NOT GOOD!!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 8:23:36 PM
Author: April20
I have a pair of pants I refer to as my ''pajama'' pants. They''re dressy, but totally non-form fitting, so I wear them when I don''t want to wear ''real'' clothes or I''m flying somewhere and don''t want to mess with a dress/business suit on a plane. I''ve had them about a year and am totally paranoid they''re going to get worn out so I actually went out today to find another pair. This is sad. And pathetic. I used to dress so much cuter than this, but I''m just tired.

NY&Company City Knit. They can look dressy, but they are just oooooohhhh so comfy. I wear them when I''m not in the mood to put on stuffy, non-forgiving clothing.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 8:20:25 PM
Author: Maisie

Date: 3/22/2010 8:08:55 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
I''m in a really bad mood and not even chocolate pudding is helping.
I''m in a really bad mood too. Shall we go and let the air out of some tyres?
Me three. I just am glad to not be alone in my foul mood.

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
I''m watching Entertainment Tonight...

Is it just me, or does host Samantha Harris look like Eddie Munster?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I can''t stand lazy group members for university assignments
29.gif

We have a 25 page report in two weeks, and I''m in the cruddiest group with two guys.
One never answers emails, the other doesn''t come to class.
20.gif

Not. Cool.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 8:56:14 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
I can''t stop eating. I feel like I can''t get full tonight. THIS IS NOT GOOD!!
I tried one of those Full Bar things today... you eat one, and a glass of water 30 mins before your meal, and you are supposed to eat less. I''ve been pretty full ever since! I picked it up at Bed Bath and Beyond on a whim... don''t know where else they are sold... linky

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 11:06:52 PM
Author: arjunajane
29.gif

We have a 25 page report in two weeks, and I''m in the cruddiest group with two guys.

20.gif

Not. Cool.

I always HATE group projects for that exact reason! I always end up the only one who does work, yet somehow we all get the same grade
33.gif
Good luck on your assignment and I hope your group members shape up and start helping you out soon...

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 11:21:29 PM
Author: Lilac

29.gif

20.gif

Not. Cool.

I always HATE group projects for that exact reason! I always end up the only one who does work, yet somehow we all get the same grade
33.gif
Good luck on your assignment and I hope your group members shape up and start helping you out soon...

Thanks Lilac.
5.gif

I have been blessed fortunately for the most part with good groups - until now.
40.gif

I also have a natural tendency to take on a leadership role when no one else steps up; so now they likely expect me to do everything for them - well, not going to happen boys!
2.gif

We do at least have a system where you put in an anonymous assessment of each group member''s performance with the report, so the marks can be modified accordingly.

You can bet if they don''t step up I''ll be filling that page UP, ha
2.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I can die a happy woman.

In the 80's, when I was growing up, a popular food was the 'Steak um'... basically a thin slice of beef, pulverized into thin sheets... think meat paper. (I know, sounds tasty, right?) It cooked faster than a jif and was great for learning to cook as a kid, and my dad LOVED them, so we'd have them often as a quick lunch. People used them to make philly cheese steaks and the like.

Enter me, today at the grocery store... and there it was. CHICKEN 'steak ums'! Ok, not the same brand, but the same thing, but with chicken! (I should mention that I don't eat beef anymore...) OMG, every disgusting memory of eating this random "meat" as a child came flooding back, and I had to buy it.

I've now eaten two chicken pitas (chicken, garlic, swiss and spinach), in all of their greasy and kind of gross glory, and I couldn't be happier... unless I made another one.

9.gif

And when I say that I 'can die a happy woman,' I moreso mean, I'm probably going to die tomorrow from eating this nonsense...

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2010 7:57:32 PM
Author: bee*
ugh I just watched Hostel and now I can''t sleep-knew I shouldn''t have watched it.
Only the best movie EVER!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2010 1:43:18 PM
Author: gaby06
I''m late 10 days, pregnancy test said negative. I hate to be tease in that way
14.gif
8.gif
Sorry to hear that, Gaby. Hoping next month will bring you better news.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2010 11:30:06 PM

Date: 3/22/2010 11:21:29 PM
Author: Lilac

I can't stand lazy group members for university assignments
29.gif

We have a 25 page report in two weeks, and I'm in the cruddiest group with two guys.

One never answers emails, the other doesn't come to class.
20.gif

Not. Cool.

33.gif

Thanks Lilac.
5.gif

I have been blessed fortunately for the most part with good groups - until now.
40.gif

I also have a natural tendency to take on a leadership role when no one else steps up; so now they likely expect me to do everything for them - well, not going to happen boys!
2.gif

We do at least have a system where you put in an anonymous assessment of each group member's performance with the report, so the marks can be modified accordingly.

You can bet if they don't step up I'll be filling that page UP, ha
2.gif
Ugh. I wound up doing a term project pretty much entirely by myself in a signals class.. one boy wrote the intro and conclusion (which I then had to edit because he misinterpreted most of my data), the other girl spellchecked the final paper and printed twenty copies for the class. And we all got the same grade.
14.gif

Good luck AJ!! At least you can out them if they don't step up!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2010 10:27:38 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I have complete understanding as to why animals sometimes eat their young.........
HAH!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
29.gif

20.gif

Not. Cool.
arjunane...Oh, do I feel you on that.

Actually went to TA and Prof and said that I would rather do the ENTIRE project by myself, prof laughed and said he had been waiting for this conversation. I would log all required lab hours as well as all required paperwork because I was tired of pulling the weight of the group. I have HIGH standards for myself and if the group is going to pull my average down, I will end up completely starting over to make sure everything is perfect. I HATE when people 1/2 a@@ it because they KNOW that someone else will pick up the slack. (I always get paired with the same guy and girl) Scary part? They are going to be someones doctor and they are THAT lazy. Boo.
38.gif
It makes me angry to know that for the 3 or 4 people that work SO hard there are the 5 or 6 that don''t and in turn make us work that much harder.
29.gif
29.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I miss the freedom of being a kid. All we want it to be big when we are little and when we are big all we want is to be little. I want to eat fun dip, jump on my bed and watch disney movies. Oh, and take naps with a big glass of milk. *stomping feet and pouty lip*
11.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve had "Mandy" by Barry Manilow in my head for about 5 days now and its driving me crazy.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 9:27:26 AM
Author: Strawdermangrl
I miss the freedom of being a kid. All we want it to be big when we are little and when we are big all we want is to be little. I want to eat fun dip, jump on my bed and watch disney movies. Oh, and take naps with a big glass of milk. *stomping feet and pouty lip*
11.gif
i''ve got so much going on with stressful work situtations right now.
so you get a big fat AGREED.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s arguably better than the song "Brady" Elle.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I just measured a man for a tux that was 6''10". I''m 5''4". It was SO unbelievably awkward. I kind of had to hop to do his over arm/chest measurement and I had to ask him to bend his knees a couple of times.

Gah. My face is burning right now!!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 9:36:31 PM
Author: charbie

I have a pair of pants I refer to as my ''pajama'' pants. They''re dressy, but totally non-form fitting, so I wear them when I don''t want to wear ''real'' clothes or I''m flying somewhere and don''t want to mess with a dress/business suit on a plane. I''ve had them about a year and am totally paranoid they''re going to get worn out so I actually went out today to find another pair. This is sad. And pathetic. I used to dress so much cuter than this, but I''m just tired.

NY&Company City Knit. They can look dressy, but they are just oooooohhhh so comfy. I wear them when I''m not in the mood to put on stuffy, non-forgiving clothing.
Oh god. You probably shouldn''t have told me this! I am totally going to look for them today!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Free scoop day at Ben & Jerry''s!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2010 11:40:07 AM
Author: jas
Free scoop day at Ben & Jerry''s!

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!
36.gif

(Of course it''s about 3 frickin'' degrees here...
38.gif
)

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
i''m currently staying over at a friend''s house in LA, breaking up my trip home from Australia.

he had some painters here early this morning, who left out the back gate.

2 hours later i found his king charles cavalier running up and down the road....

(am sure my heart will stop thumping soon...)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 1:52:04 PM
Author: whitby_2773
i'm currently staying over at a friend's house in LA, breaking up my trip home from Australia.

he had some painters here early this morning, who left out the back gate.

2 hours later i found his king charles cavalier running up and down the road....

(am sure my heart will stop thumping soon...)

LOL for some reason this reminds me of the scene in The Proposal where Sandra Bullock leaves the house to answer her phone and their little white puppy runs outside and is swiped by a hawk. Then she gets the hawk to drop the pup, but the hawk takes her cell phone instead. So she's outside tossing the dog up to offer it back to the hawk so she can get her phone back...So funny...

ETA: I'm happy you got their dog back!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 11:27:23 AM

So I just bought the City Knit pants online. They were on sale and I googled for a coupon code and saved another $10. Here''s to sliding yet further down the scale from what I used to wear to what I am actually willing to leave the house in now.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I just called to order food for delivery and the guy gave me attitude!
29.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 11:26:26 AM
I just measured a man for a tux that was 6''10''. I''m 5''4''. It was SO unbelievably awkward. I kind of had to hop to do his over arm/chest measurement and I had to ask him to bend his knees a couple of times.

Ooo was he cute? I like a tall man!

My FI is 6''3, but that seems short compared to 6''10!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I need a nap

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 3:45:08 PM
Author: lilyfoot

Date: 3/23/2010 11:26:26 AM
I just measured a man for a tux that was 6''10''. I''m 5''4''. It was SO unbelievably awkward. I kind of had to hop to do his over arm/chest measurement and I had to ask him to bend his knees a couple of times.

Ooo was he cute? I like a tall man!

My FI is 6''3, but that seems short compared to 6''10!
Tall instantly adds 5 cute points. There is a guy in my office that isn''t my type, but even wearing 4" heels (making me 6''2") I have to look up to look him in the eye. As a result, I do a double-take almost every time he walks by.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 2:11:27 PM

Date: 3/23/2010 11:27:23 AM

So I just bought the City Knit pants online. They were on sale and I googled for a coupon code and saved another $10. Here''s to sliding yet further down the scale from what I used to wear to what I am actually willing to leave the house in now.
HAHA! I feel the pain. Where I work, I''m one of only 2 people actually who hold positions which require that you aren''t wearing scrubs or a polo/khaki combo. It is SOOO difficult to want to dress up when you''re sitting next to people in meetings who are in SCRUBS AND SNEAKERS. my city knit pants are my happy compromise.

and DANG- now i had to look online to see that they are on sale...looks like i might be placing an order myself so that MINE don''t get worn out!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results