shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging Karee888 and Freke

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are your experiences with bezeling Barry''s spinels? Does it darken it by a lot?

I''m considering bezeling my new blue from him..

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think Freke has bezeled the spinels in her ring, but obviously Freke will answer for herself soon!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope I haven't. Hopefully Karee will chime in soon. However, I will say that if you look at my ering, the prongs are...oversized, so it's girdle is pretty well covered. As you can tell, it hasn't done much to the amount of light let into the stone...

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Hey MTG. I bezeled my Barry spinel. Original thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/jkt-katie-setting.125992/

I'd say the stone still has very good light return and darkened just a touch, it was very minimal. I wouldn't hesitate to bezel your spinel if that's what you wanted to do.

MVC-165S.JPG
MVC-166S.JPG

spinel_001.jpg

2009-09-25%20015.jpg

2009-09-25%20006.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember that beautiful ring brandy! Hmmm I''m feeling much better about this bezel business.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
hi! just saw this :)

i have bezeled 3 or 4 of barry''s spinels and 3 of dan''s. all appear to be quite similar to their original, unbezeled color.

the ring that julia made me with the 4 spinels are closed bezels -- there is silver around the stone, as well as closing off the bottom. i honestly don''t see any change in the colors from their pics of being loose vs. being set in the ring.

hope this helps! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results