shape
carat
color
clarity

Ever wonder what professions top the list as the most guilty of infidelity?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t buy this study at all, for reasons many other have mentioned.

and BTW, I am a drama free, no stress, non-cheating, non-roving eye, non-shoplifting, non-doctor loving registered nurse. And so are about 99% of the nurses I work with and went to school with.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
LOL, this is interesting. Obviously this is not a random sample, so naturally going to be biased, but it''s great fodder for discussion.

My mom is a teacher, my dad a doctor, and my FI is an Engineer.
23.gif

Yikes.

Engineer makes sense to me because they make good money, but don''t have the best social skills all the time. (shhhh... don''t tell FI I said that...)
2.gif

I love Lulu''s thoughts on this.
26.gif

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2010 12:42:18 PM
Author:CDNinNYC
Who Cheats? Docs and Stay at Home Moms!

Ever wonder what professions top the list as the most guilty of infidelity? We were shocked by the answer!

AshleyMadison.com, the dating site for married people (yes, you heard right), surveyed all of their new members last year. Of the 1.9 million folks who signed up to cheat, er, date in 2009, these were the top professions:

For Women:
1. Teachers
2. Stay-at-home Moms
3. Nurses
4. Administrative Assistants
5. Real Estate Agents

For Men:
1. Physicians
2. Police Officers
3. Lawyers
4. Real Estate Agents
5. Engineers

Source

Anyone surprised by these professions listed?
Is it strange to anyone that the "female" cheaters are all what men fantasize about.
The naughty teacher...I can''t not think of Varsity Blues...
The horny stay at home mom...the ol'' "milk man" joke comes to mind
The frisky nurse....supply closet anyone??
The skanky secretary...staying late and then getting taken advantage of
The real estate agent....showing a house and then taking all of her clothes off.

I mean come on!!!!
I think the people at AshleyMadison have been watching way too many adult films.

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
sorry fiery...just read your reply...

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 2:00:12 PM
Author: janinegirly

Date: 3/12/2010 1:37:54 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Date: 3/11/2010 9:23:04 PM

Author: cara

Date: 3/11/2010 8:57:48 PM

Author: waxing lyrical

No military? Hmm.

I thought there was some kind of 500 mile rule. Maybe that explains the lack of salespeople.
3.gif

It''s not cheating if it''s outside of your area code.
3.gif

I kid! I''m in sales and the things I have seen withOUT the help of ashleymadison . . .well, let''s just say I''m glad my husband isn''t also in sales.
2.gif

I hear this a lot---is it all sales? Traveling salesmen? Women and Men? BIL is a salesman to the point I don''t know who the real person is, and he does talk of flirting with female clients as part of the sale. So not my style. Guess that''s why I''m not in sales and terrible at flirting
2.gif
I almost just think it''s the particular industry I''m in. Cheating and inter/intraoffice canoodling literally shut down the last company I worked for. And it''s men more often than women in my observation.

I''m an outgoing, all-around friendly person, and there is a TON of opportunity to meet people while I''m away. Just seems like someone who isn''t 100% faithful tends to gravitate toward a career that takes them away from home more than they''re home. I hate the travelling aspect of my job, which is why I''m down to about 1 week per quarter or so.

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock

Ever wonder what professions top the list as the most guilty of infidelity? We were shocked by the answer!

AshleyMadison.com, the dating site for married people (yes, you heard right), surveyed all of their new members last year. Of the 1.9 million folks who signed up to cheat, er, date in 2009, these were the top professions:

For Women:
1. Teachers
2. Stay-at-home Moms
3. Nurses
5. Real Estate Agents

For Men:
1. Physicians
2. Police Officers
3. Lawyers
4. Real Estate Agents
5. Engineers

Source

Pilots <------ don''t forget these bad boys.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2010 8:11:56 PM
Author: cnspotts

Pilots <------ don''t forget these bad boys.

Ha! I had first hand experience working with commercial pilots and many of them were definitely bad. They didn''t seem to need any help from a dating service from what I could tell, though.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 6:31:00 AM
Author: DandiAndi
I work in an operating theatre, and the number of (male) doctors already married, that have had affairs with and subsequently married already married (female) nurses, is staggering!!
40.gif

My new ''step-mom'' (The real term I would like to use for her isn''t appropriate for PS) snagged a ''rich doctor'' and that was her reason for being a nurse (she made this clear). And yes she was also married and I am pretty sure she and my father have a 15 year old daughter together, it was a loooong affair.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

For Women:
1. Teachers
2. Stay-at-home Moms
3. Nurses
5. Real Estate Agents

For Men:
1. Physicians
2. Police Officers
3. Lawyers
4. Real Estate Agents
5. Engineers

Source

That shocked me.

wellinsm

Rough_Rock
Just read through all the responses on this topic...love it!

Guess my husband and I are in trouble..I''m a teacher and he is a police officer.

I do agree with police officers being on the list. I know many of his friends and co-workers have been divorced due to infidelity issues. In fact 3 couples that were at our wedding in Jan.09 are now all getting divorced (all have husbands who are officers). It appears that most officers cheat with either other police officers or nurses. Maybe all the professions on the list are just cheating with each other, thus keeping them on the list.

Lulu- I loved your description of the divorces you have processed. As an special ed teacher, I could totally see myself going in to a situation like this with colored tabs and file folders, just the way I keep IEP data. Hopefully that will never happen, but in case it does we do have a prenup!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Where are the professional athletes on this list?!
2.gif
Guess they don''t have to sign up on that classy website to find someone to cheat with.

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2010 4:20:35 PM
Author: wellinsm
Just read through all the responses on this topic...love it!

Guess my husband and I are in trouble..I''m a teacher and he is a police officer.

I do agree with police officers being on the list. I know many of his friends and co-workers have been divorced due to infidelity issues. In fact 3 couples that were at our wedding in Jan.09 are now all getting divorced (all have husbands who are officers). It appears that most officers cheat with either other police officers or nurses. Maybe all the professions on the list are just cheating with each other, thus keeping them on the list.

Lulu- I loved your description of the divorces you have processed. As an special ed teacher, I could totally see myself going in to a situation like this with colored tabs and file folders, just the way I keep IEP data. Hopefully that will never happen, but in case it does we do have a prenup!
Same here, my Dh is a Police officer but thankfully he keeps his stuff in his man pants. We have seen the merry go round of marriages tho.
20.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2010 4:45:14 PM
Author: icekid
Where are the professional athletes on this list?!
2.gif
Guess they don''t have to sign up on that classy website to find someone to cheat with.

LOL. Same for politicians..although can see a couple of them still being dumb enough to use that site.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results