shape
carat
color
clarity

NYC Resident.....Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

njn4465

Rough_Rock

Hello All,

The ring is being made and have not settled on a date when to give it to her as I am totally confused with the proposal location/ideas.....Below are my questions and would love some guidance....

1. In this day and age do you still ask the parents of the bride if I can marry their daughter? Is it ok if only the mom is asked?

2. Location.... I always wanted to propose while walking over the Brooklyn Bridge, but my GF blew my cover when I spilled the beans awhile back and if we go there out of the blue she will know what is up. I don''t want to do it in Central Park, Rock Center or after a Broadway Show what other things can I do? I always thought I would propose to her in Aruba were we met, but we are going in June for my friends after weeding get together and don’t think it would be the right moment to do it and want it done sooner. I was also thinking maybe....She always mentioned to me that she would love to be surprised with a gorgeous dress one day so.....Was thinking of buying her a dress and having a limo pick us up to go eat at the River Café in Brooklyn as she always wanted to try that restaurant. After our meal I would propose to her, before desert. After we leave there I would have the limo take us to a nice Wine Bar to have some private drinks (recommendations) and then I would arrange to meet with our friends to celebrate all together.

How do I do all this without raising suspicion?

Any other ideas would be welcomed including choice of restaurant as I am a bit weary going to a place I have never been before….

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
This: http://www.atlanticyachting.com/ Their prices are excellent and perhaps cheaper than getting a limo.

I think it would be the perfect proposal. That is, if you''re willing to wait until at least April (warmer weather).

It''s something I''m planning to do for my anniversary in August.

njn4465

Rough_Rock
I like your idea elle! Thank You! Any other ideas....?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! There are so many awesome spots in NYC to propose....here are a few other ideas, though the ones you already have are lovely!

Roof Deck of the Empire Hotel

The Cloisters in Ft. Tryon Park uptown

Prospect Park in Brooklyn

Governor''s Island in May when it opens

The Cable Car to Roosevelt Island

Tea at the Ritz

if you go the gorgeous dress route, you could do dinner at The Russian Tea Room or stick with River Cafe in Brooklyn

Elle''s yacht idea is fantastic

I''m happy to give some wine bar recs, but let me know what neighborhood you''d like to be in...

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
oh, and I always think it''s nice to ask for the parent''s blessing. permission not so much (though that''s what my parents wanted to be asked for...) DH thinks like me though, and asked for their blessing:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results