shape
carat
color
clarity

What did PS change in your life?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
I will go first.

It changed the european perception (in me) that a better diamond meant better colour and clarity. I now know cut is KING!

Also it made me realize that people can touch you life for the better even through the world wide web! Didn''t think it was possible before I met you all.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lot of things! Not the least of which is that now I never have "nothing to do" because there's always something hoppin' on here. I also never feel lonely becuase even when I do stupid sh!t (ahem, my current thred as an example) there are always people to keep me company. And I've learned all sorts of interesting things (not just about diamonds) but about that thingy on the side of the aluminum foil box... and what to do about The Demon Dog in various situations... and how make a bruise go away faster... and... and... and... !

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also learned that cut is king! I always thought it was colour and clarity too!

I have learned that its ok to have differing opinions if its done with respect and courtesy. There have been lots of threads on here where there are many different schools of thought and they have been intelligently and thoughtfully put forward. Of course there are one or two who can't help but cause a little bit of trouble, but mostly its civilised!

Above all I have 'met' some wonderful people who will be in my life for a very long time. I would never have met these people without PS so I am forever grateful that I found this wonderful site.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
It taught me that there are tabs in the cling film box; which keep the roll in the box!

Who knew?

For me, that was life changing.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
The fact that cut is key is also something that I''ve learnt.

I''ve also learnt that you can really care about people that you''ve never met IRL.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my hobby (colored stones) I always felt lonely. You know how you have to be careful and not dwell on your favorite subject for on and on and on? That is what I was doing. My family's response was, "OK, if it makes you happy...". But here, I can talk about it, post questions, voice my opinions and there always will be people who'll understand and support my interest.

When my best friend in Russia heard that I was collecting "gems:, her response was, "well, it is glamor these days". But when I said these were colored stones, not diamonds, she understood it was serious and not about glamor.

Also, there are many people (like Chrono, LD or TL for example...many others, too) who know a lot but are always willing to share their knowledge with someone who is way less educated. I treasure their experience.

They make collections! It is so important to make a collection, to preserve for future generations, to contribute.

I am also thankful that people tolerate my absolutely crappy photos.

P.S. Oh, and I shall definitely explore these espresso machines. I am a coffee addict.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I'm just here for the buffet.

Seriously, I've learned so much more about buying colored stones and diamonds than I ever thought possible. And about styles of jewelry. If someone had ever said "Do you like filigree or halo settings" I would have been so lost.

Plus who knew purple flashes in diamonds meant clarity enhancement? I was amazed!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Great thread, susimoo!

Hmmm.... I learned (MUCH to my delight!) that there are killer, AFFORDABLE diamonds available via online vendors. Ten years ago if you had asked me if I would ever own a gorgeous, 2+ carat diamond I would have laughed and said, "Um, I WISH!!!") And thus began an almost-unquenchable love for diamonds
that has since cost me lots of money! (Dang, but it still adds up!!!)

I also learned the fun of an online forum, and THAT has cost me a lot of TIME!
2.gif
I don''t spend as much time on my other hobbies as I used to, BUT I don''t regret any of it... and even though I hang out on a couple other forums, too, (cooking and Ragdolls mostly), I''ve wracked up the most posts BY FAR here on PS and have happily been befriended by a wonderful mix of thoughtful, intelligent, KIND and caring folks here. So, thank you all!

Lynn

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Steal: I didn''t know that! haha....I''m about to go run into the kitchen to see if it''s true....

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS make me broke.
8.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
it changed what I perceived to be good in a stone. Thanks to PS..I have a stone I LOVEEEEE

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CHANGE is all i have left in my wallet.
39.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2010 4:12:17 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

39.gif
For once, I have to ditto DF.

On a serious note though... the list would be too long. This place is special and what I have learned is... well, a little of everything and a lot about myself.
2.gif

Oh, and I've learned not to bet DF. I still owe him 10 bucks.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2010 6:15:10 PM
Author: kenny
PS make me broke.
8.gif

Yeah, broke but sparkily!!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2010 5:58:59 PM
Author: taovandel
Steal: I didn''t know that! haha....I''m about to go run into the kitchen to see if it''s true....

Me too. Another thing to add to the list!! lol

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2010 4:25:23 AM
Author: Gypsy

39.gif
For once, I have to ditto DF.

On a serious note though... the list would be too long. This place is special and what I have learned is... well, a little of everything and a lot about myself.
2.gif

Oh, and I''ve learned not to bet DF. I still owe him 10 bucks.

Oh I wish my mac would let me use the icons!!!

Currently I am literally rolling on the floor laughing!! My daughter Sara (4) keeps asking me if I am watching the muppets on my computer because I am laughing so much!!!

Keep it going!!!!!!!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''ve learned a great deal about colored gemstones that I never knew. I''ve discovered new tastes in jewelry.

I''ve learned a lot about a wide array of people, and have really grown from some of what I''ve learned from you.

And I''ve gained the great title of saddle sniffer
2.gif

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I like reading how people from other cultures deal with various society issues.

I also found my favorite ring here.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/15/2010 5:59:19 PM
Author: dragonfly411
I''ve learned a great deal about colored gemstones that I never knew. I''ve discovered new tastes in jewelry.

I''ve learned a lot about a wide array of people, and have really grown from some of what I''ve learned from you.

2.gif

Dragonfly, I can''t help myself, how did this nickname come about?? :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/16/2010 11:42:04 AM
Author: susimoo

2.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/attn-lorelei.115633/
12.gif

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Put it this way: without PS, I would have had a frozen spit maul ring or a smaller designer ring.

After PS, I got the ring I wanted without killing my fiance''s bank account.

Unfortunately, I also learned about "diamonds by the yard" and am saving up for a 16" and an 18" necklace to wear together. Thirtieth birthday present, mayhap?

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2010 2:49:22 PM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 3/16/2010 11:42:04 AM

Author: susimoo

2.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/attn-lorelei.115633/
12.gif

That was one of the most surreal threads I have ever read on pricescope!! My DH is looking at me like I have lost the plot because I have been laughling so much!!

And I thought you were all just bonkers for sparkelies!!!

Shame I don''t have much of a sense of fmell. LMAO!!!!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

39.gif

39.gif

+1. After I save all the money I can by purchasing from PS vendors and not retail, I end up spending twice as much anyway because I''ve fallen in love with something new.
14.gif
Tehehe.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results