shape
carat
color
clarity

Can this "fancy chain" gemstone bracelet be fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Can this "fancy chain" gemstone bracelet be fixed?

It was given to me years ago. I wore it all the time. I believe it's a "fancy chain" setting?
A few of the parts of the chain on either side broke years ago, so I stopped wearing it.

It looks bad in the photo, but it's a medium light purple stone. Maybe a cheap topaz?

Could something like this be fixed reasonably cheap?

Would it be easier to have the stones (whatever it is) reset into something else, like another bracelet or pendent?

reader

Brilliant_Rock
What metal is it? Some metals are easier to repair than others.

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
It''s sterling silver, I believe.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I believe those little ball chains are machine made and a pain to fix. WHy don''t you take it to a jeweller and inquire, though? Sometimes we can be pleasantly surprised.

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Thanks. Machine made sounds like it would be tricky.

I haven''t yet found a jeweler around here that does any work on outside products. I''ll have to look around.

I''m sure the bracelet was relatively cheap (it was a gift), but I am hoping to fix it (or maybe have something done with the stones?) since it was a thoughtful gift.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Where do you live? Perhaps a PSer knows of a bench jeweler somewhat near you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results