shape
carat
color
clarity

Gloomy doomy weekend

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well the forcast this past weekend was for a gloomy doomy weekend. Rain, clouds and more rain.

I did rain Saturday, so Resa and I picked up the grandkids, Avery and Callen, for a play date at Kid''s World, a really fun place with tubes to crawl through, slides, cargo nets to crawl up and down, a room full of soft plastic balls to wade through and get buried in, and of course to throw at each other, another room full of soft cushions of various shapes to crawl around in and also to through at each other. You get the picture, dozens of kids running around and crawling over each other, screaming, yelling, laughter, all around pandemonium. FUN.

It always surprises me that most of the parents sit in an outside area and watch while a few more come into the hallway deviding the rooms, which are all just netting so that you can see the kids most of the time. The tubes and slides are hard plastic, tough as heck on this old man''s knees, but wow, are they fun. (Hey, I did say "most" of the parents sit around, some of us are way too ADD for that boring activity!) When we slid into the cushion room one of the kids yelled, "IIt''s a grandpa, kill him" and launched an all out attack with some of the smaller throwable cushions. It was a mob scene for a while, me against the mob. When you are against a mob, it is good to be Gulliver against the Lilliputions, it is the only way you stand a chance!

A couple of hours of that and the kids were hungry and grandpa was tired! Off to a fabulous dinner at my son''s house with our new week old grandbaby, Luke as the center of attraction. My son cooked up a huge ribeye steak and there was a lot of laughter and love in the room. Rain? Who cares?

Sunday broke with a sky only partially filled with clouds and the sun peaking through. When Resa and I walked the dogs the Sun proudly claimed its namesake day, forcasters be gone! The reality was a glorious faux Spring day in the middle of Winter.

Sunday night was special too. My mom had not yet the baby as she felt she had a slight cold and did not want to chance infecting him when he was a new born so Sunday night was to be her introduction. She cooked a nice big Pot Roast, with potatos and gravy, Wink and Karri made a wonderful salad and at the last minute I fried up a bunch of mushrooms at my mom''s request which she put into the stove to keep warm while she finished the gravy. She and I ate them last night when I stopped by after work since they got left in the stove, forgotten in the splended hubbub of a family dinner that was more centered around the new baby than dinner.

All too soon it was over, almost.

As Resa and I drove the short block home, the Moon was shining through a thin whisp of clouds, making this incredible glowing vision in the sky, a fitting end to a wonderful day.

Maybe for part of the country it was the gloomy doomy weekend that was forcast, but for us it was a treasure chest of love and laughter and family. I just wanted to share it with my Pricescope family. I hope in some way it was special for all of you, what ever you were doing.

Wink

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wink, thank you so much for your post. I am a long way from my family so weekends like yours don''t happen very often for me. Reading about your special time made me feel wistful for all things family. I think it''s time to arrange something with my loved ones.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
*sigh* you remind me exactly of my dad
9.gif
. Sounds like a great weekend!
4.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Wink what a great story
5.gif

And a million
36.gif
to the grandparents for keeping the older children busy while mom got to "relax" with her newborn
36.gif
36.gif

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a perfect weekend to me.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Aw, Wink, that sounds like a fabulous weekend! I am jealous of your time in the ball pit lol.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re such a great guy, Wink - always inspirational! Congrats on the new grandbabyboy :)

Lula

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely post! Sounds like a perfect weekend -- and congratulations on your new grandchild!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the new baby, Wink! Love your post! You''re suck a great grandpa!!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/4/2010 9:12:59 AM
Author: Luckyeshe
Congrats on the new baby, Wink! Love your post! You''re suck a great grandpa!!

LOL, I hope you mean such...

Seriously, I wanted to thank all of you for the kind words. I am so blessed to have my son''s family here in Boise. I might just "have" to drop by later today after work and play with the kids for a while.

Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results