shape
carat
color
clarity

How Long Does It Take From Rough To Finished Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Recently as I live in Canada, I was researching the grading consistancy of Gemscan versus GIA/AGS, while I wasn''t able to make a definitive decision on that topic I did read on their website some interesting information which I hadn''t considered before.

http://www.gemscan.com/toronto/4cs.htm#bookcut

Note that the cut of a diamond is not the shape of the diamond. The most common shapes seen are round, oval, marquise, pear, emerald cut and heart shape. The most brilliant of these is the round brilliant. The following are some average cutting times for specific diamond shapes:
Round brilliant............2-4 hours
Oval brilliant...............8-10 hours
Marquise shape..........12 hours
Emerald cut................14-16 hours

Any thoughts?

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
When one puts nonsense into a chart, it looks a lot more believable, doesn''t it?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2010 11:41:06 AM
Author:ChunkyCushionLover

Recently as I live in Canada, I was researching the grading consistancy of Gemscan versus GIA/AGS, while I wasn''t able to make a definitive decision on that topic I did read on their website some interesting information which I hadn''t considered before.

Note that the cut of a diamond is not the shape of the diamond. The most common shapes seen are round, oval, marquise, pear, emerald cut and heart shape. The most brilliant of these is the round brilliant. The following are some average cutting times for specific diamond shapes:

Any thoughts?
according 8* it takes 36 hrs.
innocentwhistle.gif
9.gif

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2010 12:33:38 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Recently as I live in Canada, I was researching the grading consistancy of Gemscan versus GIA/AGS, while I wasn't able to make a definitive decision on that topic I did read on their website some interesting information which I hadn't considered before.

Any thoughts?
according 8* it takes 36 hrs.
innocentwhistle.gif
9.gif

Maybe the cutters take a lot of smoke breaks
20.gif

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 4:43:40 PM
Author: Paul-Antwerp
When one puts nonsense into a chart, it looks a lot more believable, doesn't it?

Well if they can leave that kind of information on their website I have to also question the credibility of their lab reports which are supposed to be within one color and clarity grade of GIA.

Just doesn't instill much confidence even though they are the most popular grading lab in Canada.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Any thoughts?
Gemscan doesnt even mention size in the example???
Common sense?? a 0.05ct will not take the same as a 5.00ct
20.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2010 1:02:01 AM
Author: DiaGem
20.gif
A 0.05 takes 2 hours and a 5 ct takes 4 hours with 3 smoke breaks.
26.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL!

CCL did you find any good information about Gemscan? I too am Canadian and was looking for information about them a while back and could not find anything definitive. I even e-mailed to try to find out what method they use to grade cut, and they did not get ack to me.

So how long does it take to cut an ideal RB, let''s say 1ct??

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2010 6:46:35 PM
Author: CharmyPoo

Date: 3/2/2010 1:02:01 AM
Author: DiaGem
20.gif
A 0.05 takes 2 hours and a 5 ct takes 4 hours with 3 smoke breaks.
26.gif
Charmypoo,

As a fellow canuck do you have an opinion on gemscan grading as compared to GIA?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I have no opinion at all. I never really considered a gemscan stone. I did look at a couple gemscan cushions way back - there was one I saw that was very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results