shape
carat
color
clarity

what type of cut is this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Person24

Shiny_Rock
I was looking at someone''s engagement ring photos online and from the top the stone in the setting looks like a round brillant, but it just cuts off. The cone/bottom of the diamond is missing. Just the top, circular part was there upon closer inspection. I have never seen anything like it. I am curious what cut it is and what kind of performance it gives?

thanks!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you pst a picture?

Person24

Shiny_Rock
I can''t post a picture because my friend showed it to me (it was his friend''s ring). So I have no access to the photo right now. But, it basically just looks like a round brillant, but their is no bottom part. It looks like someone cut the rest of the stone off!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Never heard of such a cut. Maybe it was fake? Maybe it was an illusion of the setting?

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I believe the OP is describing a rose cut. Faceted top, flat bottom.

Either that, or a mine cut with a large culet.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2010 9:59:42 PM
Author: purrfectpear
I believe the OP is describing a rose cut. Faceted top, flat bottom.

Either that, or a mine cut with a large culet.
Ahhh.. good catch!

Person24

Shiny_Rock
Looks like the rose cut! Thanks. I had just never seen anything like that before! :) You guys always know everything here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results