shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity band as e-ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
I thought I was set on wanting a solitaire for my engagement ring, but I really think a eternity band with a simple platinum wedding band might look great. What do you ladies think? Do any of you have that as yours?

I dress pretty casual almost all the time, so I think something like this might suit me moreso than a solitaire. This is just an idea I''m toying with for the moment - I might end up getting a solitaire after all.

So, I''m thinking channel-set (or if not, then pave), and I want to go with platinum. I like this one, and if I did it I think I''d pair a 2mm plain platinum wedding band with it. Do you think that would look odd, since the sizes would be different? I think I would love it, but I kind of wonder if other people would think it looked silly. (I have short fingers, and while I''d love to stack 3 bands of different sizes, I just don''t think it''s going to happen on my hands. And I also wouldn''t be comfortable with larger eternity rings on my own hands, but I sure love drooling over the ones on here!)

I also like this one, and I could pair it with a plain platinum band of the same size. Or I could go with a 2mm eternity and 2mm wedding band. I''m just trying to get an idea of all this.

Opinions? Or if anyone has pics of sets anything close to what I''m talking about, or links to threads of it, that would be great!
10.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I love the look. I think it is really elegant. Lovinsparkles and her DW have really beautiful sets that I think is like what you are looking for: linky

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
While I love eternity bands, and also toyed with the idea of getting one as an e-ring, my general opinion on the matter is you won''t feel as "engaged" as you would with a soliltaire. It may sound silly, but I think it''s true. I don''t mean that within your relationship you won''t feel engaged, I''m just talking strictly about the ring itself.

Have you tried on solitaires and eternity rings?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the look, but can see Lily's point! Definitely something to consider.

I have a solitaire e-ring with an eternity WB and I LOVE them together.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
A friend of mine is a total tomboy, athletic, never worn a piece of jewelry in her life. Her husband got her a 5 or seven stone ring (sorta like this) and she paired it with a thin pave band. They look beautiful together!!

LitigatorChick has an eternity band as an ering also, if you want to search.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I adore that look! I think it''s elegant and classic, and while I can see what the other girls are saying, I think it really depends on YOU.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the look and considered it myself. I''m going the untraditional route by using a sapphire but if I didn''t find that perfect sapphire I think I could have been really happy with an eternity or a 5 stone for an ering.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I like the look myself and I can totally understand it being more understated and not having to worry about it as much.

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
i see no problem with this, do what you want honey
1.gif

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
Get what you want since it''s YOUR engagement ring. I always stop and look when I see an eternity ring and plain band together. It just looks so unique and classy.

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone. I will end up going with what I want, but thanks especially to those of you who told me just to do what I want and not worry about anyone else!

I brought this idea up to BF today and his answer, more or less, was "we''ll get whatever makes you happy" mixed with "but, wait, you don''t want one with a center stone?". I know he wants me to have a traditional e-ring. And I can already imagine all the rude "but that''s not an *engagement ring*" comments. We don''t have the most subtle or quiet friends and family, and I think those comments would really get to him.

He likes the idea of a ring with a center stone, with diamonds all the way around, basically combining an eternity with a solitaire into one ring. I''ve been really leaning toward a solitaire with a plain band and a very thin eternity for my w-band. Now, to try to find all that and keep it around our budget... So... back to the drawing board!
35.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Well it was good enough for Jennifer Garner...
2.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
I think it is a beautiful look. When we got married, I only had a blingy wedding ring (no e-ring), which I paired up with a plain band a couple of months later as everybody was asking when is the wedding. I wore it like that for several years, but then really fell in love with the idea of having a ''proper'' e-ring and we got a solitaire. But I still do love the look of an eternity band as a e-ring.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
I know this is a little late but I was also considering the same thing (still considering it). I absolutely LOVE Audrey Hepburn and just how elegant her style was. When I found out her ering was a baguette eternity band i fell in love with the idea even more. Do whatever you think looks good and who cares what your friends say or think. Tell them your following in the footsteps of the iconic Audrey Hepburn!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2010 12:13:59 AM
Author: crossmyfingers
Thanks everyone. I will end up going with what I want, but thanks especially to those of you who told me just to do what I want and not worry about anyone else!

I brought this idea up to BF today and his answer, more or less, was ''we''ll get whatever makes you happy'' mixed with ''but, wait, you don''t want one with a center stone?''. I know he wants me to have a traditional e-ring. And I can already imagine all the rude ''but that''s not an *engagement ring*'' comments. We don''t have the most subtle or quiet friends and family, and I think those comments would really get to him.

He likes the idea of a ring with a center stone, with diamonds all the way around, basically combining an eternity with a solitaire into one ring. I''ve been really leaning toward a solitaire with a plain band and a very thin eternity for my w-band. Now, to try to find all that and keep it around our budget... So... back to the drawing board!
35.gif
Well done for discussing it!

It is difficult to please everybody all the time. So best to try to please yourself and your loved ones first. The rest of the world can go sit on a pin.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2010 12:13:59 AM
Author: crossmyfingers

I brought this idea up to BF today and his answer, more or less, was ''we''ll get whatever makes you happy'' mixed with ''but, wait, you don''t want one with a center stone?''. I know he wants me to have a traditional e-ring. And I can already imagine all the rude ''but that''s not an *engagement ring*'' comments. We don''t have the most subtle or quiet friends and family, and I think those comments would really get to him.

35.gif
Sounds like a step in the right direction!

I also wanted an eternity band as an engagement ring, however my DH wanted something more traditional. He told me he would prefer to get a more traditional ring, then I could get an eternity band for a wedding band or maybe a bigger eternity band as an anniversary band. His opinion was that an eternity band was more appropriate for second marriages--I didn''t necessarily agree with him on that, but I understood where he was coming from. In the end, we were both happy with the compromise. I think it''s great that you talked with each other about it and found a solution you were both happy with!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I don''t really have a valid contribution, since I didn''t want, or receive, an engagement ring - but I have 5 different stacking rings that I combine in different ways as my wedding rings, and two of those are very skinny eternity rings. They are perfect for me - and despite never having an engagement ring, I still felt engaged! and now I feel quite married with only my bands
3.gif

cally

Rough_Rock
I agree that you should go with what will make you the happiest, but I can totally hear all the catty comments as well. And probably even from strangers, who are just... surprised.

I think it''s a gorgeous look, but I know I wouldn''t be able to handle the comments- I''m kind of... fiesty. If you can be more serene about the whole thing, than totally go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results