clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 5:21:20 AM
Author: loriken214

Hi Bobby!
35.gif

I love this photo....amazing jewelry, especially those bracelets!!!

Lori

You're welcome, Lori! It was a pleasure posting the images.

35.gif

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hi again Laurensmama!

Considering the the Earls of Strathmore are very rich I assume that they have some really nice jewels, but unforunately I haven't seen any photos or read any information about them. I hope that other posters may help us.

Speaking about jewels from Strathmore the only piece I can add is the Rose tiara - a wedding gift from the Earl and the Countess of Strathmore to Lady Elizabeth:

tiarastrathmorerosecloseup.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And here is a nice side-view of The Duchess of York wearing the tiara. BTW, this pretty jewels is set in silver and hardly needs re-setting:

3097749626_306e681e92_o.jpg

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Did the papyrus tiara stay in the royal family? Was the rose tiara returned to the strathemores or did that stay in the royal family too? Thanks so much.

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Also what about the Middle Eastern royal families, especially Queen Rania of Jordan, what collections/family pieces do they own? I know other royal families have benefited from the generous gifts of the Middle Eastern royals, most recently the Duchess of Cornwall''s rubies.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 8:48:55 PM
Author: laurensmama
Did the papyrus tiara stay in the royal family? Was the rose tiara returned to the strathemores or did that stay in the royal family too? Thanks so much.

You're welcome, Laurensmama!

Why would anyone return a wedding gift to the person/family/organisation that presented it? Yes, the rose tiara is now Queen Elizabeth II's property.

About the Papyrus I've heard two theories - that it was on loan to Princess Margaret and Lady Linley and was returned to the vaults of BP after the Princess' death in 2002. The other story said that the tiara is now with Lord and Lady Linley. Personaly I support the second one. I guess we'll have to wait until someone wears it to understand what the truth is.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 8:55:57 PM
Author: laurensmama
Also what about the Middle Eastern royal families, especially Queen Rania of Jordan, what collections/family pieces do they own? I know other royal families have benefited from the generous gifts of the Middle Eastern royals, most recently the Duchess of Cornwall''s rubies.

That''s an interesting subject!

By far the Jordanian, Brunei and Malaysian royals are the ones with most glittering jewels.

I''ll start with some tiaras from Jordan -
A big diamond tiara worn by Queen Dina on her wedding to King Hussein I in 1955:

king-hussein-and-queen-dina-1955.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The late Queen Alia, third wife of the late King, wearing a modern diamond tiara and earrings by Cartier:

3243654927_746db0c4b1_o.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The tiara is now worn (and probably owned) by her daughter Princess Haya, wife of The Sheikh of Dubai,...

test_haya_new2.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
...and is somitimes borrowed by her sister-in-law Queen Rania. Note how high the tiara is placed on The Queen''s head:

1raniacartier2hk8.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
An aal emerald tiara worn during the King and Queen's Sate Visit to Sweden, on loan from a jeweler (Van Cleef & Arpels IIRC):

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Queen Rania wearing an elegant diamond tiara at the State Banquet during the SV to UK. HM also wore at the return dinner on the the next night. The tiara is also featured on an official portrait of the royal couple:

52110554.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Another big diamond tiara. This time during the State Visit to The Netherlands:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Queen Noor:
Her modern diamond fringe tiara and classical riviere:

JOR%20Queen%20Noor.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Not sure, but this may be the tiara that Queen Dina wore on her wedding day.

State Visit to Luxembourg, November 1985:

JC_NoorNov1985_Lux.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Brunei:
Pengiran Anak Saleha wearing a tiara with huge diamonds, diamond brooch and button:

y865.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Azrinaz, The Sultan''s third wife, wearing a beautiful diamond tiara:

Azrinaz.of.Brunei_b.jpg

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Bobby,

I did not realize the rose tiara was a gift to the queen mother. I thought maybe it belonged to the strathmores, similiar to the Spencer tiara worn so famously by the Princess of Wales which was returned to Earl of Spencer upon her death.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Crown Princess Sarah wearing her diamond tiara, an impressive diamond necklace and brooch. Her earrings seem to be quite something, but are hidden under the hijab. Although quite nice and definitely expensive, the jewels of the Brunei ladies look rather tacky and some of them even fake to me.

2retsoy.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A wealth display! That''s how I call this. I''m not sure who this lady is, but look at the size of the stones in the braclet and watch. They even place ''brooches'' on their bags:

1.b.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A view of the rings and the pendant of the corsage:

2.b.jpg

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Oh my! I am at a loss for words!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results