shape
carat
color
clarity

closet installation help!/ random other home questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
I apologize...this is all over the place. It looks like my hubby and I finally found a place in NY. The problem (or I guess it''s a positive) is that the apt has never been lived in, so the closet is just an empty space. We need a professional to design the closet and do the installation. I have looked into California Closets, but I imagine that it is probably overpriced-I do not have enough information about what we want or the exact size to get a good estimate. The closet is approximately 6''x6'', and 11 or 12 feet high, so I plan to do lots of shelves at the top. It is not a huge closet, but I am afraid that it will still be a lot of $$.

Has anybody had any good experiences with closet people?

Has anybody ever converted a chandelier to a plug-in with one of the kits? Was doable?

Has anybody found a good, affordable (less than 200) hanging pot rack, preferably one that has space on the top to place baking sheets, etc?

Any help (esp in the NYC area *emeraldlover!!*) would be greatly appreciated!!!!
9.gif

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I think The Container Store might also be cheaper and it''s modular, so you can mix it up and change it as you want...

Congratulations on your place! Good Luck with making it your home!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 9:31:37 AM
Author: wannaBMrsH
I think The Container Store might also be cheaper and it''s modular, so you can mix it up and change it as you want...

Congratulations on your place! Good Luck with making it your home!
Big ditto here. There or Ikea- I''d take a look online. Ikea might also have a pot rack for you as well.

As for the chandelier- my husband has done that...he''s pretty crafty with that kind of stuff tho. Make sure you can turn off the electricity in your apt. first :) don''t want an electrocuted hubby!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
oooh thank you!! thanks rhb-I''ll check that out. Charbie, I have already been scouring Ikea for a pot rack and I cannot seem to find one online. I wonder if the store would have a better selection? I will be going there soon anyways for more shelves.

MrsH: spot on! I called the container store and they have a special closet system that only attaches to the wall in one place. The bars and shelves are all attached by hooking onto several brackets, and the entire system can be moved with you! So this seems like a great option. I''m afraid that California Closets would be pretty permanent.

I forgot.....another question:

Does anybody know how to apply laquer to furniture? I have painted furniture, but I want to use a white laquer finish on a piece that I am redoing for the move. Do I just paint the piece the color that I want, and then apply laquer when it has dried? Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results