shape
carat
color
clarity

My first colored stone project in years

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/6/2009 4:56:33 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
I''m glad that the stone you were waiting for was the one!! Can''t wait to see how this turns out.

The other settings are nice too. Colored stones are very addictive, now you''re buying more while waiting for your project!! Cheers!!
Yep, my blueberry pear was definitely the one. I hope B&L have someone take a nice picture of it before it''s set. It''s really quite a lovely color in real life. My house was so gray and dingy the day I took those photos. (It was raining here on LI)

The other necklaces I''ve had for years but didn''t wear much because I didn''t like the color of the stones. I''m sorry to say that I missed out on the pink tourmaline that I had my eye on for so long and also Barry''s new Tunduru round. I waited too long and fellow PSers bought them, but that''s OK since they went to one of us
emwink.gif
. I''ve actually collected colored stones for years. I guess about 16/17 years ago, I never thought I could afford diamond jewelry and I thought that common semi-precious (the big five) was the best I could do with the money I had. Wellllllllll, LOL!, that ALL changed about twelve years ago.

My mentality towards my colored stones is different now. I''m selling all of the common stuff I own on eBay and using the money to buy choice gems and have them set relatively quickly. I don''t need to have a couple of dozen gems in cups saved for posterity. I''ll even give some away if I can''t sell them all, just to be done with them. Clean sweep!

My package is ready and will be winging it''s way to Houston tomorrow morning! Yeeeeee!!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I can''t wait to see the finished product! That stone is perfect
30.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/7/2009 5:37:39 AM
Author: DandiAndi
Wow, I can''t wait to see the finished product! That stone is perfect
30.gif
Thanks Andi, I liked the color and I did ask for two expert opinions and they loved it too
2.gif
3.gif
. LOL!

Just to update everyone, I sent my stone and my diamond bow to B&L back in the first week of November, but because they were absolutely swamped with Christmas orders (lots and lots of e-rings), I told them to do other ladies'' e-rings before my project because I could remember how excited I was when I got engaged. It''s such a huge event in our lives, I told them to put other people''s orders before mine, BUT, Lesley emailed me two days ago to say I''m in the line up and they''re going to do their best to get me my necklace before Christmas. So..... happy dance and yeahhhh!! I''m especially happy now because it looks likes my husband and I will have zero time to shop for anything before Christmas with the way our schedules are shaping up.

So we''re looking at approx. 1/3 carat of Brian''s gorgeous melees in a halo with a small airline, set in mushroom pave'' style (four tiny prongs per stone) and open in the back.

I just didn''t want anyone to think that Brian & Lesley had in some way disappointed me when I didn''t update this thread. I can''t say enough, honestly, about their level of customer service and the personal care they take of every customer and every project.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These were the first CADs Lesley sent to me a while back. We''ve tweaked the mounting since then.

gemgirl pear halo 1.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Different view-

gemgirl pear halo 2.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I asked B&L to move the prongs up one diamond segment (I thought they were too low) and Brian has added a fine V-tip prong at the point of the pear. Only one or two more tweaks to go.....

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last two tweaks >

I wanted the sides of the gallery open, so Brian created a pretty decorative pattern for me, and lastly, I wanted the back open so I could get in there with my baby toothbrush and scrub. The idea of a decorative gallery on the back was pretty, but I wouldn''t have been able to clean it to my satisfaction.

gemgirl pear halo 4.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rear view

gemgirl pear halo 3.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks sooo lovely Gemgirl! Can''t wait for the finished product

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I just love how you''re going to leave the gallery open! and it looks very pretty from the side too. Congrats.
9.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
It''s going to look fantastic!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the CADS! thats going to be some necklace! I can''t wait to see it!
36.gif

-A

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/16/2009 12:47:46 PM
Author: D&T
That looks sooo lovely Gemgirl! Can''t wait for the finished product
Hey D&T, how are you doing chickadee? I was so very sorry to hear of the problems you''ve had with your new semi bezel mounting BUT........ I am SO hoping that you go for that gorgeous Sholdt with the channel setting. I know you said you''re not telling, LOL!, I''m just registering my vote
emwink.gif

I just thread jacked my own thread! It must be this flu coming on........ Thanks honey, I''m excited about receiving it too. Leslie said they''re going to try to zip it out to me by Christmas.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/16/2009 1:04:48 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
Oh I just love how you''re going to leave the gallery open! and it looks very pretty from the side too. Congrats.
9.gif
There''s something about solid side walls of metal that always bug me. I told Brian that he could just open the gallery in a slotted fashion, but he went the extra mile and gave me something really pretty. In any case, more light going in, more eye pleasing satisfaction on the return trip out!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I love the CAD''s....sapphires are my weakness so I can''t wait to see the final project!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is going to be so beautiful; I''m glad Brian changed the tip to a v-prong. Better safe than sorry.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m going to post just one pic of my finished piece because I have to run out for a while, but I was so thrilled when I got these from Lesley, I thought I''d share just one. More later....

Oh the blue! I''m so happy I bought this stone. It goes to show you how dark and dingy the lighting in my house is.

BrianGavin_Bow3122309.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another view....

BrianGavin_Bow1_122309.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The gallery is so pretty-

BrianGavin_Bow2_122309.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woah! So beautiful and feminine! I can''t wait to see neck shots!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/16/2009 6:39:33 PM
Author: Sarahbear621
I love the CAD''s....sapphires are my weakness so I can''t wait to see the final project!
Sarah, I''d love it if it were a sapphire but it''s a blue spinel.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
That necklace looks beautiful. Can''t wait to see neck shots!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks stunning! Bet you''ll be wearing it a lot after this make over!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2009 6:27:20 PM
Author: gemgirl

There''s something about solid side walls of metal that always bug me. I told Brian that he could just open the gallery in a slotted fashion, but he went the extra mile and gave me something really pretty. In any case, more light going in, more eye pleasing satisfaction on the return trip out!
Solid, closed galleries always bug me too, so I really like that you changed it - and how great that he did something custom for you! The pendant turned out beautifully gemgirl, and I can certainly see why some people would mistake that spinel for a sapphire - the color is so rich!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Even nicer than I had imagined. Can''t wait to see real life shots!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very nice! The proportions of the spinel and bow work very well together, neither overwhelming the other.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m looking forward to some neck shots.
2.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, it''s EXQUISITE!!! Great job!
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results