shape
carat
color
clarity

what gift to get second time mom with a newborn and 14 month old?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Person24

Shiny_Rock
She doesn''t need any baby things . . . .

Any ideas? I have been putting it off because I have no clue what to get!

thanks

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Something for HER. A maid (cleaning service for a day), mani/pedi, massage, babysitter...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2010 11:23:38 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Something for HER. A maid (cleaning service for a day), mani/pedi, massage, babysitter...
and a bottle of wine.

Person24

Shiny_Rock
Also, I live several states away from her so it needs to be something I can send her in the mail.

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Gift card to Whole Foods? I love receiving those. Gift card to local theater/restaurant for a date night? Family membership to local art museum, children''s museum, zoo, etc. -- I''m thinking somewhere that she could push the kids around in a stroller when she wanted to take them on an outing?

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Ditto!!! If any of those things are too expensive, and you were thinking more along the lines of a smaller gift, I always really enjoy a nice fancy body butter or lotion, or a gift certificate to a store like Sephora or the Body Shop. I always feel bad spending money on stuff like that now that I''m a SAHM instead of just picking something up at Taget, so I love getting a gift card to Sephora where I can go pick out a fancy new lipstick or something.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
I would get her a GC for her fav restaurant, so that she and DH can have a night out once she is ready for that.
I also like the massage suggestion
or even a babies r us gift card. She may have baby stuff, but you always need something for the kids, even if it''s just diapers

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
One of my favorite gifts from my shower was a blanket for me. It is the softest, cuddliest blanket and I love it so much. Sounds simple, and perhaps a bit strange, but it is so nice.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
As a mother who had a newborn and a 17 month old, the only thing I really wanted was a break! Other than that, food and wine are very helpful. A couple people sent us baskets with meals in them that just had to be put in the oven which was really helpful. Gift cards are also great and anything for mommy pampering!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2010 9:42:13 AM
Author: vespergirl

Ditto!!! If any of those things are too expensive, and you were thinking more along the lines of a smaller gift, I always really enjoy a nice fancy body butter or lotion, or a gift certificate to a store like Sephora or the Body Shop. I always feel bad spending money on stuff like that now that I''m a SAHM instead of just picking something up at Taget, so I love getting a gift card to Sephora where I can go pick out a fancy new lipstick or something.
Yeah, it is always nice to have a gift card where *nothing* practical can possibly be purchased. If someone gives me one from Target, my DH will expect me to come home with paper towels and baggies. If I have one to Sephora and come home with eyeliner and new mascara, DH just rolls his eyes.
1.gif
Also, the great thing about Sephora is that your friend can order online if she''s too busy to go to the mall.

Person24

Shiny_Rock
I got her a gift from Sephora! Thanks guys:)

mickwallion

Rough_Rock
You could get her a birthstone ring or some such, which has her birthstone and your daughter''s birthstone. Those can be fairly inexpensive. You could also just go with volunteering to spend quality time with your daughter while she goes out shopping or just takes a break for coffee or something. Also, I don''t know if you''ve seen the movie Somewhere in Time, but it can be a very sweet movie, and you could pick that up for her. It''s sappy, so if she doesn''t do sappy, you won''t want that. Schedule a few movie nights, after your daughter goes to sleep. You''ll both be there if she needs anything, but you can have some alone time.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results