shape
carat
color
clarity

WHERE SHOULD I BUY AN ENGAGMENT RING

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dsong1

Rough_Rock
I want to save money but get a quality diamond. Where is the best place to start? I''ve been shopping at stores like Christian Bernard who only use GIA cert.

What do you recommend? Wholesalers, online, or retail stores?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Where shoudl I buy a ring?" ... asked he walking into jewelry store!

Not that PS is exactly a jewelry store: one would be hard pressed to find sellers willing to compete openly like this and give their customers appropriate tools to judge the merchandise.

Have you tried online dimaond and jewelry sellers before?

The "Show Me the Ring" forum here makes a nice collection of diamond buying stories - bioth online and off. You can just pick up the story of some ring somewhat like you want to read on
2.gif

However, the "PS way" would rather be to subject some option to general scrutiny
11.gif
. Not that the type of feedback is not predictable (at least after that shameful number of posts of mine)! I may dare guess that "good buy" here would be a round brilliant, of AGS0 proportions or near and definitely with Sarin cut data in place (=crown and pavilion angles given by either the lab cert or a Sarin report) and likely G-I color and SI clarity. Size? Who kows... anything from 0.5 to 4 goes with the rare exception one way or another.

The better news are the thousands of diamonds listed - just enough to give a good idea of price range. And, the tutorial, of course. You might find it interesting actually: mostly a low down on what makes the visual impression of a diamond, as oposed to numbers and letters on a GIA cert
9.gif
. If my perception is not way off... that is.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results