shape
carat
color
clarity

sizing for men''s wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

killer_deep

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

After receiving a lot of great advice from Pricescopers on buying a diamond and an engagement ring, I''m back for some advice for buying a ring for myself now that I''m officially engaged.

I''m currently trying to figure out the appropriate size for a wedding band. I want to balance tightness in the summer with looseness in the winter, so its comfortable all year round in all conditions. Right now, its frigid in good ol'' Canada. After being outside in the cold, I can fit a 5.5 on my finger a little tightly, but not too tight (I got plastic sizing rings from e-weddingbands, and yes, I know I have small hands!). Size 6 is comfortable, and I can fit a size 6.5 without it coming off my finger, but its a little loose (my knuckle prevents it from moving until I push on it from the bottom to remove it).

Under normal indoor conditions, 5.5 is uncomfortably tight, 6 seems decent, and 6.5 also seems decent, but slightly looser.

To try and figure out what my finger size would be like in the summer, I tried on the sizing rings after I woke up and took a hot shower. The results: 5.5 doesn''t fit, 6 fits, but relatively tightly, and 6.5 fits comfortably.

I will be purchasing a 5 mm wide plain platinum band in comfort fit.

So, all that being said (and with the fact that comfort fit slides on and off easier), what would you purchase if you were in my condition? I''m leaning towards 6.25, but 6 may work better. I''m just not sure about how tight the ring is supposed to be. I know that 6.5 will not slip off my finger. Its just a matter of finding the size that doesn''t move around too much on me.

Help!
Thanks in advance
S

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very late reply -

You might try a 6.25 with sizing balls inside - they''ll help stop the spinning when your fingers shrink in the cold, but there''s plenty of room for swelling.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I''m in Canada too, and have issues with summer humidity/winter cold. My husband and I got new wedding bands for our anniversary last year and we wanted to be fairly sure on size. We ordered a *wide* shank ring sizer off of ebay for $10. My band is 5mm his is 6mm. I had to go up 1.5 sizes from my regular size. He went up .5 size. But the main issue was we took the sizer apart and wore the different sizes around the house for a bit to get a feel for what size might be most comfortable. It''s just an idea. Our rings were custom made in Ireland and couldn''t be resized, so we wanted to get it right the first time. It was a success.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results