shape
carat
color
clarity

Brilliance of Princess Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

span98

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I recently purchased a Princess diamond and am wondering about the degree to which the brilliance should be affected by the larger table size (77%) and small crown% (7%). Depth is 71.5%, Pavilion 60%. Perfect Square.

In the sunlight it looks great, but returns very little "sparkle" in indoor light. Is this normal? A concern? Do those dimensions scare anyone away?

Thanks!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
While I don't consider the proportion you gave especially fine, they are not nearly the worst range, either. Parameters assist people in buying good diamonds, but with fancy shapes brilliancy is to be judged by the end-user. Some people measure brilliancy with machines, but few people have general access to them.

Different lighting will have a large effect on how a diamond looks. So will keeping the stone very clean.

I don't think you ought to be too concerned. If you had not yet purchased the stone, then comparing it to others might have been considered.

robbe

Shiny_Rock
dear span98,

the numbers you are giving are not bad at all, especially if the stone is small.

therefore a quick question, what size is the diameter (mm) or what is the carat weight?

the smaller a princess, the bigger the table should be.

nothing scary there.

all the best, robbe

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 5/12/2004 12:22:55 PM span98 wrote:

Hello,

I recently purchased a Princess diamond and am wondering about the degree to which the brilliance should be affected by the larger table size (77%) and small crown% (7%). Depth is 71.5%, Pavilion 60%. Perfect Square.

In the sunlight it looks great, but returns very little 'sparkle' in indoor light. Is this normal? A concern? Do those dimensions scare anyone away?

Thanks!
----------------
Not my intent to disagree here but a 71.5 depth, 77 table and a 7% crown height do NOT sound like a promising beginning.

span98

Rough_Rock
My apologies. The princess is 1.91, perfect square.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
well, can you return it?...if not, I love it!

If yes, I would think about it. But then again, if you paid a fair price for that cut stone, and you love it (most of the time) then you still did good!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results