shape
carat
color
clarity

Will Trellis setting become a dated look?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MyDreamRing

Rough_Rock
I am considering mountings for my 3 stone ring and am between a traditional basket setting or the trellis setting (similar to vatche). My concern is that the trellis setting may become an outdated look over time. Any opinions on this....am I off basis with this thought? I can say, I was surprised to see Tiffany doing similar settings, that gives me hope. I just want a traditional yet stunning ring that will stand the test of time.
love.gif

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
1. I don't think the trellis is a fad
2. I don't particularly care if it is. I bought it, b/c I loved it.
3. If you love it, get it. Don't worry what other people will think.
4. Love your ring and don't let anyone else tell you different.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
My feeling is, if you like it, get it. If you don't like it in the future, it can always be reset into something you like then.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I'm with verticalhorizon...Get what you like. Don't worry about whether or not it's a fad. I went with the Vatche basket setting for my 3 stone ring. To me, the trellis setting looked nice but was too "fancy" for my tastes. You are the one who will live with the setting. Some styles are more traditional and some are more "current." I think of the trellis setting as more "current," but not necessarily a fad.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are so many versions of it right now... I doubt that it would just last one mroe week, especially that it does not seem to have any in-built detraction. Lucida will be there for a while to keep the trend
2.gif

And yes, I subscribe to the "get what you want regardless" opinion too
1.gif

MyDreamRing

Rough_Rock
Patty I think I may have to agree with you. I think I am now leaning toward the basket setting for my 3 stone ring. It is not that I don't like the trellis setting, but I am just not sure if I like it enough.

Question for anyone with trellis settings, when you put your trellis e-ring on your hand, can you still see a lot of the trellis setting or is it really hard to tell when it is on your hand? I would assume that when you put your wedding band besides your trellis e-ring it makes it even less visible now that one side is obviously covered.

My other issue is that I have seen only one designer that makes a trellis setting for a 3 stone ring with half moons and I didn't like the band on that setting (Jeff Cooper) and I really don't know if I feel like going thru the long process of trying to have a custom made trellis setting. With that type of setting I have a feeling it would just be to complicated.
sad.gif

Brian Knox

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Will Trellis setting become a dated look?

I think the answer is yes, most likely, ala the cathedral styles of the 80's

But as mentioned, go with what you like, you can always change it.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
I almost hope it does falls out of favor. It will make it that much more unique.

But ultimately, it all depends on personal taste, the shape of the diamond, and how it looks on your hand.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
You know, things go in and out of style so you're best off selecting what pleases you at the time. I'm a "plain" dresser...nothing fancy, mostly jeans and casual tops. The basket setting just seemed to fit my tastes and style more. I love the trellis setting and think it would be great for one of my daughters, though!

Also, who is to say that a 3 stone ring will still be in style years from now? Or that 3 round stones will still be in style? I remember when all I wanted was an emeral cut sapphire with trilliant diamond sides.

A friend I grew up with and I got together about 10 years ago. She had recently gotten engaged and her ring was a 3 stone with all diamonds. I remember I thought it was boring and that the side stones detracted from the middle diamond! Today I'm sure I'd love it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results