shape
carat
color
clarity

Interesting RePolish, Ugly oval to Nice oval

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
And the weight was salvaged to 1.50ct.
This type of skill always amazes me. The polisher works by hand without scanners or any advanced technology.

Is this not simply amazing?

Recut example 1.68 1.50.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
read.gif
one would never know without all ths advanced imaging technology how finely balanced those facets really are!

It's one to get symmetrical facets to bounce light just so, and quite a different matter to achieve the same sum total optics with the lest symmetry constraints - at least mathematically it does make a world of a difference for this beginner
5.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that's amazing. What an ugly blob it was in the beginning!

Daniela

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
It seems to have gained in symmetry, but did it gain that much light return? The chart seems to say that the light return was rather negliable.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Call me romantic--call me weird--but I like that ugly blob. Lots of reds, larger flashes. All that's off is the culet (I like a culet) and the shape--irregular, but sparkly.

Still, it's amazing that they managed to get that even oval out of that blob.

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Great cutting job! It gets rid of the lumpy look of the 1800's and makes the diamond much more saleable.

I like it.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results