shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 1st Feb till 7th Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
BeachRunner - Yep, I''m now a WV girl! I worked at the Capitol Complex until our agency moved to Kanawha City a few years ago. I live halfway between Huntington and Charleston. Hubby is a huge sports fanatic, so we head to Morgantown a few times a year for football, and we head to Pittsburgh every now and then for a Pirates game when the Reds are in town (we''re from Ohio)!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 10:13:21 PM
Author: deegee
BeachRunner - Yep, I''m now a WV girl! I worked at the Capitol Complex until our agency moved to Kanawha City a few years ago. I live halfway between Huntington and Charleston. Hubby is a huge sports fanatic, so we head to Morgantown a few times a year for football, and we head to Pittsburgh every now and then for a Pirates game when the Reds are in town (we''re from Ohio)!

WV is a beautiful state, and has plenty of things to see! We are big hikers and hiked the Mon National Forest many times. My husband went to high school in that same area! We are big WVU fans; just watched WVU beat PITT at bball!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.Work was a bit better today.My eye is still twitching a bit off and on so I think it is stress related.I did have a banana though.

Marty worked about an hour late so I wrote notes on your post while I waited for him; at least I wasn''t wasting my time. We had a small filet and some leftover potatoes with veggies for supper.Then I packed our lunch for tomorrow and mixed up a double batch of frosting.Yes, I am taking another cake decorating class with a friend this month.This one is mostly flowers and we only have to make one cake.It will give me a fun night away from work and school.

Deegee, we used to eat out a lot too.I plan my menu for the week on Saturday and buy food for what we need.It makes it so much easier to know what we are going to eat.Your HOF band sounds gorgeous.

30.gif
Sorry to hear your eye twitched for a month; mine is better but still twitching.That is great you had fun with your nephew.Sorry you had so much snow and cold there.I am anxious to see your earrings.Sorry to hear you hated your hair at first but I am glad you like it now.I used to get my hair cut short on the sides so you could see my earrings but I don’t anymore.I am probably the only person who ever sees my earrings.Marty and I do carpool on most days.That is exactly why I wanted a Kindle so I could carry it with my but I didn’t know how much I’d use on.This week I was thinking I would probably use it more than I thought.Woo hoo for losing another pound.

Tlh, it does feel good to write out a long email to vent then just delete it.You guys will enjoy being closer to home.Good luck with getting to be a remote employee.How rotten of that lady letting her dogs run loose.Grr.I hope you find a bike you like.

Beach Runner, parts of Wyoming are pretty and parts of it are boring.I hope you are feeling better.That is great you had a nice run and trust me there will be days you won’t be able to run in Colorado.We have our most snow in this area in March and April.I love your EC ring.

Bella, get better.

Somethingshiny, finding nice pieces of jewelry in the mall can be a challenge.I have better luck with the smaller jewelers than the big national chains.Marty says walking in to a jewelry store with me is like going in to Cheers with Norm.One store manager (they were one of the branches of Whitehall that went bankrupt) would even bring me out her notebook that contained all of her jewelry in baggies and let me go through it.Sometimes you can stumble across a nice piece but more often than not you don’t.If you have a Costco or Sams nearby some of their jewelry is nice and not as expensive as the mall jewelers even though I don’t own anything from them.Have fun looking.That is good news the doctor visit went well.

Crown Jewel, I am sure you are happy to have your stitches out.That is too cute about you making a face and squinting when you were hitting a high note.We did sleep better but Marty got a call about 5 am.

Charbie, your classes sound great.How exciting to get pants that fit.

Rod, good luck with your big project and placing some candidates.Sorry to hear you didn’t get time to go to the gym this week; I am sure you could use a nice workout to help reduce your stress.I hate to hear about that lady at work, she is headed down the same path as her father.I hope something you told her about me will trigger something in her.

Sharon, you have been a busy lady.I am sure running the current is quite a workout.

Take care!

35.gif

Marcy

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
hey everyone!

Aw Rod!! You know, it''s totally understandable that you wouldn''t be able to get to the gym till Sunday. It sounds like you''ve had a week from hell and you gotta take one thing at a time right? At the same time, I wouldn''t be surprised if you somehow found the time to make it to the gym sometime before Sunday, just because that''s something that ROD does!! So many times, I log onto PS and feel so guilty for not going to the gym because I had a hard day, or feel tired. But then I read that you were, for example, up at the crack of dawn and worked your butt off all day, didn''t get to the gym till late, but still made it to the gym anyway and felt awesome afterwards. That''s what I work towards the next day...to work out my frustrations at the gym because Rod did it. Anyway, you and Marcy and tlh and everyone else on here really push me to go to the gym, and for every day that you''ve gotten me to go to the gym, I think you deserve off!! I know you''ll be back in full force next week!!!!!

deegee, I meant to say congrats when you hit 65 pounds a few days ago. I figure if you still feel good, healthy, strong, and you''re eating properly then kudos to you for hitting -66 pounds. I know you''re supposed to be in maintenance, but the important part is not the number of pounds, but your health. Now of course, if you keep losing at this rate for the next few months...then we''ll get worried! I feel like we''d know though, whether there''s a problem just from reading your posts. I like the fact that all of us on this thread feel comfortable being honest with each other.

shiny, glad the nurse wasn''t too concerned about your weight. Keep us updated though! How many weeks are you? I know nothing about pregnancy except the obvious, but I''m curious anyway!

BeachRunner, cheers to you getting your miles in today. Sounds awesome!

tlh, hubs is also talking about getting a bike. But we do not have the space for it!!! We have a teeny, tiny NYC apartment, and can you believe he''s been staring at the ceiling...as if to figure out where he can hang it?!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAaaaaaah! I can''t have a bicycle hanging from my ceiling! We have barely any space, really. Anyway, I know you and your hubs will have plenty of space in your new house, so I wish you luck in finding and awesome bike!! I actually made a lot of progress in my swimming after watching the Total Immersion DVD!! It''s really an amazing program. I actually put it on my Netflix queue just for a refresher course. Hopefully I can convince my husband to watch with me. I would love for swimming to be something we do together.

Hi Sharon!!! Glad to hear from you! What do you mean by running against the current? I''m fascinated. :)

I picked up a physical therapy DVD from my surgeon today. I don''t really have the time to go to actual PT sessions, but I think these DVDs will be a good substitute. Grrrr...jury duty early tomorrow morning. Wish me luck! I''m sure I''ll be waiting forever and bored out of my mind.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
bella- glad you''re feeling better
dg- wow, I didn''t realize you were so close to your fam. that is pretty nice! Wow, one extreme to the next.. people are strange. I hardly think a pound is a cause for concern - it is just a normal part of weight fluctuations. If it keeps dropping, then you know you just need to add more points to your diet.
br- good job getting your run in, even with a sick tummy!

rod- Every now and again you do need a rest week.. but times of stress are the times when workouts really help you focus mentally - so I get your frustration. A week is a long time between workouts. I''m sorry!

marcy- sorry you are so stressed out. glad you are back into cake decorating.. I''ll have to go by the cupcake thread sometime and see your creations!

cj- ha then you know what I''m talking about.. I think it is helpful, but the guy is funny to watch! haha! yeah, I''m hoping we''ll have extra room in our new place so we can have a .. wait for it... work out room! YAY! haha.. i''m such a goof.

Ok... Cool cucumber is starting to freak out about the move. I literally have no idea when we''re leaving. NO IDEA. It is starting to get to me a bit. (Seriously I''ve been singing "Freak OUt" all morning!) Having no idea when you''re moving and trying to get your car titles mailed to you - and obtain paperwork, is frustrating - trying to make decisions like -- should I renew my car tags that expire 2/28? or will I be in a new state by then? UGH... and makes me snippy. Apparantly I do not like change much! which probably should be evident by my set in stone routine. Ugh, and my well woman appt is up in April. So not a huge deal- just have to get on that ball early on finding a new DR. And since we want to start to TTC this year - it could be perfect timing. BUT, I''d kinda like to have SOOME relationship with the Dr that is gonna be there through my hormonal times... and not just a yellow pages decision... and my BCP runs out in April.. and uhhh, I''m not ready yet. I mean I am.. but with all these changes, I sort of want to get settled a bit before... WHAM! baby. Then there is work. I love my job.. LOVE IT... but I''m hammered busy. Mainly because they ahve no idea when I''m leaving, and I have no idea when I''m leaving - so everyone is on top of me trying to get all the wrinkles ironed out before I take my "moving vaca"... and see if they can get me setup remotely.. ohh the strings. So that is my stress... thanks for allowing me to vent.
Well all this stress, sorta made my run - frenzied. So at one point I just stopped... and sat down on the trail... and looked up. It was the first morning in about 2 weeks that the sky wasn''t blotted out by clouds. It was very pretty. Then I saw mr scraggley coyote. Ugh. It was nice those 2 minutes of quiet calm. Then I dusted off my behind, and finished running... ready for the day. We''re going home for lunch and having chicken and rice soup, that I crock potted this morning. For dinner we''ll enjoy a mediteranean salad with cooked tuna. It is pretty tastey - tomatoes, cut into wedges, cucumber, thickly sliced, red onion, sliced , black olives - oregano, to taste - and dressing... YUMMY! Farmers market veggies are sooo good!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Almost Friday!
9.gif

marcy-We''ve heard that March/April are snowy months here. we love to ski, so bring on the snow!
31.gif

cj- good luck with jury duty
14.gif

tlh- Wow, sounds like you have a lot going on. Would you and DH be moving far? Sounds like you had quite a run; sitting down and just taking life in. I think everyone needs to do that every once in awhile. Yum to your eats today!
18.gif

Not much going on here today. It was snowing on my drive to work this am, but it has stopped. I''m going to run tonight (outside or treadmill unknown at this point). No idea on eats for the evening either.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
BR- hopin'' you can get an outdoor run in! So much better than treaders! It will be a far move... almost 2,000 miles... so a lot to do.. and get tied up!
32.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2010 11:52:16 PM
Author: CrownJewel

Hi Sharon!!! Glad to hear from you! What do you mean by running against the current? I''m fascinated. :)
Hi:

CJ: we have a lazy river in the big community center pool local to me; and I run against the strong current. It is a great workout as I run fast, slow (frog leg), with high knees, and backwards (this is tough to keep your balance). My arms get a good workout because they are alwys in motion "pushing" the water. I wear rubber aquasox to keep my footing in the river, or it would be dangerous and a bust. I''ve done it before but my legs were SO sore after, I couldn''t walk the stairs! Thanks for asking!

Hello to everyone else--those working, moving, exercising and eating healthy.
35.gif
Take care!

I worked it hard today and feel great!!

cheers--Sharon

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 4:58:30 PM
Author: tlh
BR- hopin'' you can get an outdoor run in! So much better than treaders! It will be a far move... almost 2,000 miles... so a lot to do.. and get tied up!
32.gif

thanks! It''s sunny now so I think it''ll be outdoors. We moved in later October (~1500miles) so I understand. Good luck!

Sharon- Sounds like an awesome workout!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
beachrunner - the WV game got kind of ugly with people throwing things. That's embarrassing! But still, we're big WVU fans. I've got a full WVU wardrobe! This state is beautiful, but sadly we haven't taken advantage of it. I was in a bad car accident right after we moved here and then gained a bunch of weight because I couldn't get around for so long. Now that I've lost the weight and am building up endurance, I'm really looking forward to getting outside this spring. We're planning to take weekend trips to state parks, and our co-workers are suggesting great places to see. I'm excited!

marcy - yay for a fun night away from work & school! I'd be better off taking a cake making class instead of a cake decorating class. I LOVE icing. I usually scrape the icing off and throw the cake away! The sad thing is that people scrape the icing off their cake and put it on my plate since I love it so much. I have read so much since I got my Kindle, but I have to keep reminding myself that those books I keep downloading aren't free!!!

cj - that's great that you could get a dvd for your PT. That would be a huge help! Thanks for the congrats on the weight loss. I'm quite proud of myself! When I joined WW last April, I never for a second thought I would be so successful.

tlh - OOhhh-I'm sorry you're so stressed about moving. There are so many things to think of, and you're moving a huge distance! I remember getting all freaked out when we moved to WV, and we only moved 1 1/2 hrs!! As soon as Matt accepted the job in WV, we put our house up for sale by owner. Amazingly we got an offer for full price the very first day, a signed contract the next day, the guy got financing incredibly fast, and we had to get out! We hadn't even been to WV to look for housing, I still had to work for another month (I was a teacher and didn't want to leave before the end of the school year), and we totally weren't ready to move. It all worked out though, but I do remember freaking out!

sharon - your lazy river exercise sounds great! What a workout!

rod - sorry you can't work out for so long. Exercise gets to be such a habit, and then you feel terrible when you have to take a break. Sometimes I think my work stress is brought about by me because I have so much to do, but I can't let myself to do it quickly. I have to take my time, do a little research, etc. Sounds like you're the same way.

I woke up this morning with a really sore throat and a headache, so I took a sick day. Matt wasn't feeling great either so he stayed home too. I ended up sleeping most of the day and it still really hurts to swallow, and my headache hasn't gotten any better either. We're going to make a grocery store run for some cold, yummy popsicles in a few minutes. I'll go to the dr if my throat still hurts this bad in the morning. Have a great Friday everyone!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......well my week without a workout is pretty much complete. Today was one of the toughest days this week and they've all been pretty tough. I'm mentally beat. I got home at 7:30 again. Charlie got us salads for dinner and I'm not going to work tonight. I'm watching TV and need to just relax. Thank goodness tomorrow's Friday. Sushi tomorrow night. Saturday should be fun as we're spending the day with our realtor condo shopping. Saturday night, going to the Performing Arts center to see Wicked, the musical. We saw it a couple years ago and we loved it so much that we're going again. This time we have really amazing seats!! And of course Sunday will be an intense workout as I have a week's worth of not working out to make up for.

deegee, I'm definitely joining your "They're Trying Kill Me" club!! LOL If you start working out to build strength and muscle, you'll actually gain some weight, but not fat, as muscle weighs more than fat. BTW........A million years ago, I graduated from WVU!! It's been a long long time since I was in Morgantown, but look back on that time with a great deal of fondness.........

Marcy, I was so busy today I didn't see what my coworker ate, but I could sure smell food from her cubicle all day long. Thanks for the goodluck wishes. I'll be tied up this project for the next full week. When it's over, I'm going to take a day off and have a 3 day weekend. When I was a teenager, my parents owned a Baskin Robbins and a Mister Donut (is it any wonder I was major league overweight?) and I worked in the ice-cream store and had to learn how to decorate cakes, including making flowers. I used to make a mean rose!

CJ, I could just hug you. It really means a lot that what I do is in any way an inspiration. It doesn't seem I'm going to find my way into the gym before Sunday and I've just got to be OK with that. I hope to be back to a more normal gym routine next week. I hope........I had to laugh at the thought of your hubby looking at the ceiling to see where he could hang a bike........If you make it on a jury, I hope the case is at least interesting. Maybe I shouldn't say this, but I've never been called for jury duty. Charlie on the other hand seems to get called every couple years. I have an idea why. He has a very easy to spell last night. I have a pretty complicated last name and I'm thinking when names come up, someone just doesn't want to input my name. So watch......I'll get a jury summons tomorrow.........

tlh, I agree with you that a workout would have done wonders for my stress level. Plus it stresses me out more to not workout. Double whammy on the stress-ometer........I'm sure the uncertainties of such a major move are driving you nuts. Change can be good. But, going through such significant change is simply stressful. You're so put together that I'm sure you'll handle this upheaval just great! Deep breaths.........

OK....time to shut down and get ready for bed. Have a great Friday everyone........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Color me sad. I got a letter in the mail (yes wasn’t that classy?) that after teaching at the local college for 20 years they won’t be offering my class anymore effective this summer. My reviews from students have been outstanding, I’ve received 3 teaching awards but due to accreditation concerns (I don’t have any masters credits in my field) they cannot continue to employ me.
CrownJewel, good luck with jury duty. That is cool they have physical therapy DVD’s for your knee. I would have loved that after my knee surgeries.
Tlh, I don’t adapt well to change either. I’d be freaking out and stressed too. Sorry even the sky let you down during your run instead of giving you a great view of the stars.
Beach Runner, careful what you wish for. LOL. Last March we went to a jazz concert downtown Denver and stayed at the Brown Palace. Much to our delight they upgraded us for free to a suite. It was amazing. We had the best breakfast ever in their dining room then headed home in an all out blizzard. We had to stop at an Inn along I-25 and what a letdown after the Brown Palace. Of course since we couldn’t see the end of our car and there were accidents everywhere we were happy to be safe and have a place to stay.
Sharon, I felt my muscles move just thinking about you running the current.
Deegee, glad you enjoy your Kindle so much but I think Marty spends more on books he downloads than he ever did before. I hope you and Matt are feeling better.
Rod, sorry to hear your week continues to be bad. Marty is right there with you; he is pretty wore out with problems and was quite concerned about me tonight. I left him my pink slip with a note on it “I’m fired" and drew a smiley face. I am sure he’s relieved I am not crying and really stressed about it. That’s cool you can make a mean rose; I need to perfect mine so that is one thing we’ll be working on in this class.
Have a great Friday.
Marcy

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
OH NO Marcy!!!! I''m sorry to hear about your class! Now what?! Do you teach other classes? I remember you had an astronomy group but can''t remember if that was a class. I know you will find something wonderful to take the place of your former class.

tlh, yeah that''s gotta be so tough not knowing!! I mean, you''ll need to redecorate, refurnish, and how can you possibly begin to sort through what material things to keep and what to start letting go? And not having a "last day" at work? I know you''re worried about finding a new doctor, but I have faith that you''ll click easily and quickly with a new doctor wherever you go. Finding a good doctor is fairly easy these days, no matter where you are. And you seem to be a friendly gal who is quick to develop rapport with people. I''d go mad with impatience and anxiety. Your run sounded beautiful - a little sad b/c you are stressed, but it just sounds like out of a movie (at least to me!! you don''t get scenes like that in NYC).

rod, haha, you''ve found the one situation in which having an impossible last name is a benefit!!!!! DH has a pretty ridiculously long and hard name, and he had to serve...well, anyway...I hope your name continues to bring you good luck!!!
2.gif
You will still be my workout inspiration even if you take a week off from the gym Rod. Your dedicated work ethics (in the office and the gym) are what I admire.

sharon, I think I would love your lazy pool!!! I think I want one for my future house...
3.gif

Hi BR - I hope your run was really awesome!

deegee, feel better dear! Sometimes sleeping off the germies for a day is the cure!

I''m sitting here icing my knee. I did the PT exercises and the toughest thing is a quad stretch. I think because my knee is still swollen, so it is limiting my range of motion. Ow, it''s awful. But that was the only difficulty. The strengthening exercises were good, and I was using 3 pound ankle weights. I''m thinking about moving on to higher resistance bands. I don''t know if that''s rushing it though. Jury duty was not bad. I haven''t been selected from the jury pool yet. I have to go back tomorrow, and bear the possibility of being chosen for one final day (I hope its the last day)!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
sharon, your water workouts are always inspiring!
DG_- whoa! That is some stress.. but in a good way. Just like this is good stress... I hope that you feel better soon, and it is just allergies - and nothing too serious!
ROD_- Have a good weekend, You deserve it. Good eats, friends and a good show. Sounds like fun to me! Plus with the SBowl coming to FL, could be kinda crazy! Thanks for your kind words, and have a super weekend!
MARCY- WHAT A WAY TO RECEIVE THE NEWS! THAT IS CRUMMY! I know you are a wonderful teacher, and I''m just sorry that after 20 years, you had to get a pink slip in the mail. You are right... classy.
20.gif

CJ_ thanks for your kind words. Arizona is really beautiful, and where i live - it is gorgeous. So I''m happy for the opportunity, but a little sad... about leaving. The desert landscape is really lovely... and I live by a mountain.. well there are mountains everywhere, but I''m at the base.. so it is really beautiful - with horse trails all around. *sniff sniff* I''ll miss it. I''m sure NY is beautiful too. Every place is beautiful in its own right, when you know what about it to treasure. I Hope you don''t have any moer jury duty, and that your knee can continue to recover so you can hit the pool again... and your awesome sexy lady workouts!

Everyone HAPPY FRIDAY! Thank goodness it is weekend time. I could use a beer. My run this morning was good. I love the silence in the morning.. well, besides critter noises. So that will be something I will miss a lot. I took my pooch with me so I could get a nice slow run in. It was a goodie. Tonight hubs and I will be doing our Friday night swim... I think we''ll just grab subway for dinner. Otherwise, have a safe and fun weekend all!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2010 12:41:48 AM
Author: marcyc
Hi everyone. Color me sad. I got a letter in the mail (yes wasn’t that classy?) that after teaching at the local college for 20 years they won’t be offering my class anymore effective this summer. My reviews from students have been outstanding, I’ve received 3 teaching awards but due to accreditation concerns (I don’t have any masters credits in my field) they cannot continue to employ me.
CrownJewel, good luck with jury duty. That is cool they have physical therapy DVD’s for your knee. I would have loved that after my knee surgeries.
Tlh, I don’t adapt well to change either. I’d be freaking out and stressed too. Sorry even the sky let you down during your run instead of giving you a great view of the stars.
Beach Runner, careful what you wish for. LOL. Last March we went to a jazz concert downtown Denver and stayed at the Brown Palace. Much to our delight they upgraded us for free to a suite. It was amazing. We had the best breakfast ever in their dining room then headed home in an all out blizzard. We had to stop at an Inn along I-25 and what a letdown after the Brown Palace. Of course since we couldn’t see the end of our car and there were accidents everywhere we were happy to be safe and have a place to stay.
Sharon, I felt my muscles move just thinking about you running the current.
Deegee, glad you enjoy your Kindle so much but I think Marty spends more on books he downloads than he ever did before. I hope you and Matt are feeling better.
Rod, sorry to hear your week continues to be bad. Marty is right there with you; he is pretty wore out with problems and was quite concerned about me tonight. I left him my pink slip with a note on it “I’m fired'' and drew a smiley face. I am sure he’s relieved I am not crying and really stressed about it. That’s cool you can make a mean rose; I need to perfect mine so that is one thing we’ll be working on in this class.
Have a great Friday.
Marcy
HI:

Oh MArcy--I am sorry.
8.gif
You are a great teacher--it has nothing to do with "you". Darn economy!

Happy TGIF to everyone.

Hope you feel better soon Deegee. Fluids fluids and more fluids (and tylenol if you can tolerate it!)
CJ--ya a lazy river would be great in the back yard!
Rod--don''t strress too much about work!
Tlh--good "moving" vibes your way!
BR:
35.gif

cheers--Sharon

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Friday!!
9.gif

degee- Oh, I know. The BBall game was embarrassing.
38.gif
I hate how WVU gets the reputation that they do. When I was in college, I def saw some crazy stuff, and was in the line of mace, and that was just not fun. Since then, I don''t think the riots have happened, but who knows. The college atmosphere makes it unbearable for people trying to move on to the next phase of life, which is why DH and I had to get out. I''ll always have a soft spot for Mo-town, but, just couldn''t live there. I hope you are feeling better today!

rod- sounds like you had a tough week. Oof. But, I hope you have a relaxing weekend; sounds like you have some wonderful things planned.

marcy- I know, I know. When we moved here, we moved right into the snow storm in late Oct. I''m used to the snow; I grew up in Pittsburgh where snow was prevelent. The east coast is getting hit hard with a snow storm this weekend!

cj- I''m out of the loop with your injury, but I hope your knee feels better soon!

tlh- Your morning runs always sound so nice and relaxing. I live in the city, so even early in the am, I don''t think I''d get a quiet run in. Denver has parks everywhere in the city, so I''m sure once I hit those, it would be quiet. You are moving from AZ to NY? Wow, what a move. What part of NY will you be relocating to?(understand if you don''t want to give that info out!)

My run last night was nice. It''s always windy during the evening hours which I could do without. I enjoy my Saturday mid morning run the best. It''s my long run, and its usually fairly warm and sunny. I just love running through the neighborhoods and smelling the coffee shops and breakfast smells.. mmm, makes me want to stop for some coffee and bfast! We had salad and whole wheat pasta for dinner last night; tonight will be veggie burger, red pepper in a whole wheat wrap, and ranch style jalepeno beans. yum. Hubs will have a hamburger. Neither of us eat cheese.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, and anyone on the east coast, I hope you don''t get too much snow!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
happy friday!
rod- so jealous you are going to see wicked!
bella- thanks for the recipe! i''m gonna make some this weekend...even tho we are getting BELTED with snow!
tlh- i might check out that DVD you recommended to CJ- it sounds like something i might enjoy.
gosh, rough week at work this week. been crazy crazy busy with lots of referrals coming in, having to make room for everyone to be admitted here for rehab! its good to be full, but it always causes me more stress since its so hard to turn down a good referral.
good news tho- i finally earned a bonus last month for reaching my census goals, so that will be used to set my garnet i bought last month...yay! new LOGR ring for me!

i went grocery shopping last night to buy some good stuff so i dont have to run out this weekend with all the snow we are getting. bought some kale...so i''m looking to add it to some soup or just saute it in a pan and see what happens.

i took 2 classes this week at the gym- a weight-lifting interval class and spinning. got my BOOTY kicked, but felt FANTASTIC after :) with the crazy weather classes might get cancelled at the gym, but i might just go do my own thing. i''m trying to get my hubby to try spinning, but so far he''s too chicken!

have a happy, healthy weekend everyone!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! Just checking in to say hello!

Marcy, I wanted to particularly give a giant THUMBS DOWN to your college treating you so poorly. Conveying kindness and compassion costs nothing. Really poor form.

Anyway, things are going pretty well for me. I''ve lost 6.5 pounds over the past month, pretty much by changing diet alone. I''m now working on adding in exercise and I hope I''ll see that number start to change more rapidly. I''ve gone back to the Couch to 5k program and am adding in strength training. Exercise is always the biggest struggle for me, but since learning that the school gym has free parking after 4 and on weekends, I''m more inclined to go. Ironic that parking is the problem for me getting the gym!

Yesterday we had a lunch event with Potbelly''s which I decided to forgo in favor of the lunch I had packed myself. I did decide to splurge on half a sugar cookie...big mistake! I came home to discover that my half a cookie had 275 calories! Maybe next time if I really really want one I''ll try a 1/4 cookie. Or maybe I''ll just stick to the sweet treat I packed in my lunch. BTW - I really can recommend Trader Joe''s chocolate crisps for a sweet chocolately treat. They look like pringles, and while a serving size is listed as 12 crisps, I find that 3 is enough to be really satisfying without a lot of nutritional damage!

Lately I''ve been doing really well packing my lunch. I have little 2.5 oz plastic cups with lids that I bought at Party City and I try to portion out a serving of snacks (nuts, wasabi peas) that I can just pop in my lunch bag. The food scale helps tremendously with that effort. I do feel guilty about the amount of plastic products I use, but for some things I just find they work better. I do reuse as much as possible...the same little cup can hold repeat servings, the same baggie can hold my sugar snap peas day after day, etc.

This week my new water bottle arrived from Amazon. It seems a little silly to get super jazzed about a water bottle, but I really love it!

Okay, I''m doing rambling. I hope everyone has a great weekend, healthy and happy!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
thanks for the vibes sharon... you always give me the warm & fuzzies. *Cheers!*
BR - no I''m moving to the midwest - east of the Mississippi. My hubs has asked that I not give out extra personal info though.. so thats all I can say. I don''t think I could handle NY! OOO warm coffee and bakery smells... DEFINATELY beats my stinky horse maneur smells! haha!
charbie_YAY BONUS CONGRATS. I hope you like the video! I really like spin classes too! Have a super weekend!
sillyberry- congrast on the 6.5# weight loss. That is fantastic. The C25k is an excellent program. Enjoy! Glad you''re enjoying your scale and waterbottle. Enjoyment of excercise will come when it is in a form you''ll like.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
charbie Good luck in the snow. Friends in VA already have around 10"!

sillyberry Hello
35.gif
When I bought my Nalgene water bottle, I drank so much more water. I LOVE it, and use it daily!

tlh I understand your DH''s concern with privacy, for sure! Good luck on the move. You say you bike and swim as well; have you ever done a tri?

Have a good weekend everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Thank you all for your support. I am crying a lot tonight but actually feeling better. Marty is so much better at dealing with things than I am so we went to dinner tonight and talked about my options. I am talking to our HR rep on Monday about what happened and see what she suggests I do now.
CrownJewel, I only teach astronomy. We are active in the local astronomy club so I can still do some things for the community. Don’t rush the weights on your knee. I did that on after my first knee surgery and was set back a few weeks because I pushed it too hard.
Tlh, I hope you had a beer tonight. We had some wine. I am sure there will be critters on your outings in your new city.
Sharon, I wish my job was due to the economy; it would be easier to take. I just did the math. I have 60 students over 2 sessions and after my pay they are making over $20,000 from my class.
Beach Runner, the east coast is getting hit this weekend. The storms in October were bad.
Charbie, congratulations for getting a nice bonus at work and used it to buy a garnet. Stay safe and warm from all the snow.
Sillyberry, I agree that was very poor form to fire me by mail. Congratulations on losing 6.5 pounds.
Have a great weekend.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Marcy........I''m so sorry. Seems like a bum deal to me. I would have thought that with 20 years teaching this class and with great reviews and teaching awards, they could have found a way to continue with you. Anyway, cyber hugs to you dear friend.........

So, here it is 10 PM and I just finished working for the week. I''m not doing any more till Monday. I need a break and I''m completely exhausted. I didn''t leave till after 7 again tonight, then I met Charlie for sushi, came home, did some more work, now it''s finally "me" time. I''m looking forward to looking at condo''s tomorrow and of course "Wicked" tomorrow night.

Hey to everyone. I''m just burnt toast here, so I''ll just thank you for the good thoughts and hope you all have a terrific weekend. Oh, if you live in the Mid-Atlantic states, be safe. My folks are expecting nearly 2 feet of snow by tomorrow afternoon.......and they wondered why we moved to Florida..........

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 10:23:02 PM
Author: Rod
Oh Marcy........I''m so sorry. Seems like a bum deal to me. I would have thought that with 20 years teaching this class and with great reviews and teaching awards, they could have found a way to continue with you. Anyway, cyber hugs to you dear friend.........

So, here it is 10 PM and I just finished working for the week. I''m not doing any more till Monday. I need a break and I''m completely exhausted. I didn''t leave till after 7 again tonight, then I met Charlie for sushi, came home, did some more work, now it''s finally ''me'' time. I''m looking forward to looking at condo''s tomorrow and of course ''Wicked'' tomorrow night.

Hey to everyone. I''m just burnt toast here, so I''ll just thank you for the good thoughts and hope you all have a terrific weekend. Oh, if you live in the Mid-Atlantic states, be safe. My folks are expecting nearly 2 feet of snow by tomorrow afternoon.......and they wondered why we moved to Florida..........
Rod I SO wish we were at our house in FLA. I know your winter has been on the cold side.... But We have more rain than Noah''s ark, and now it seems we are getting more and more snow . GAH!!!! We wre headed to FLA soon, can''t wait....

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, thank you. I appreciate it. As Marty pointed out to me - the only way to look at this is they are telling you they don''t want you to teach there anymore. Acadamia is more about politics than what is right or fair. I hope you rest up a lot this weekend.

Hi Lisa.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
BR- no, but I am looking at doing my first one this summer... possibly. Hubs is training for his Ironman, so it will give me something to do too.

Marcy - I''m saddened to read that you''ve been crying. I am surprised they would cut what appears to be a very profitable venture... I hope that the HR rep can give you some guidance, and that the pep of the wine helped. I didn''t have anything to drink last night. I was a bit of a bum. hubs and I swam and then I was too pooped to do much else. I will be going to a pub and having 2 reds today though... which will get me good and loopy!

Rod- you are definately entitled to some ME time. I hope that next weeks fares much better... and that you''ll enjoy the show!

kaleigh - wow, that is a lot of rain! I hope you can get to your warm FL home soon!

Everyone happy saturday! Hubs actually ran with me this morning.. It was unplanned, but a nice treat. Didn''t quite make the 10 miles. My hammy is still tight from the marathon... so eh... I''ll just take it slow and easy... I''m still technically in the reverse taper.. so it was an iffy run anyway... and recovery may take longer than anticipated. I''m just sitting on some ice and looking at my calendar.. we''ve got a race next weekend, I think it will be our last one in Arizona. I''m glad it will be a desert trail run.
9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday. We got up, went out to breakfast and then picked up some wood laminate and Marty and his friend are going to install it (or attempt to install it) on our front landing. He wants to put it down in our kitchen and dining room but I suggested he try this small spot first to see if he really wants to do it himself or pay the $1.99 pre sq. ft. to have someone else install it. I’ll be vacuuming and dusting when they are done.

Marty’s friend is on one of the hiring boards at the college where I “currently” work and he told me this is going on everywhere out there. They hired a new president a few years ago and he is slowly building his own empire. I guess I don’t fit the bill. He plans on getting a lot of his buddies in place, keep the few money making projects and get rid of everything else. This guy will ruin the school but I think I am better off out of there. You see a lot of letters to the editors complaining about him but so far nothing is getting done to stop it.

Tlh, I am better today. I am sad because this was not like a job to me – I am very passionate about my subject and really enjoyed getting other people interested in it too. I will miss my spending money but it wasn’t that much that it will dramatically change our life style. Two reds would get my pretty loopy too. How nice your husband ran with you today. Awe, how sad this is your last run in Arizona.

I am making low fat lasagna today.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello weekend crew! I slept most of the day Thursday, all day yesterday, and got up at 2pm today. My head is feeling better and my throat doesn''t hurt nearly as much, but my sides hurt from coughing. I meant to go to the dr yesterday, but I didn''t have the energy to get out of bed! I think I''m on the mend now after all that sleep. We were supposed to get a bunch of snow last night, but ended up with less than an inch. So glad!!!

marcy - that really stinks about your class. You''re right about it being so political in colleges. My SIL just finished her PHD, and she described a bunch of garbage she had to go through along the way. She was getting her PHD while she was teaching at the college, and her teaching job ended when she finished the PHD. She had to find a job at another college. Good luck with your flooring project! I could never give Matt the option to do it himself because it would never get done.

beachrunner - your eats sound super tasty! If only I could get hubby to want to eat better. He''s sitting beside me eating a bowl of potato chips, a snickers bar, and drinking a dr pepper. He isn''t overweight and all his bloodwork comes back perfect, so he sees no reason to eat better.

tlh - sorry you''re having to leave such a beautiful place, but I think you''re a lot like me & my hubby. I think we''ll be happy wherever we end up! This isn''t where I wanted to be, but we have made quite a nice life here, have great jobs, lots of friends. We''re happy people, and we will find reasons to be satisfied and content no matter what.

charbie - yay for a bonus! I can''t wait to see how you set your garnet. I bought a loose garnet last year and set it in my old ering mounting, but I''d love to put it in a halo instead.

sillyberry - congrats on the 6.5 pound loss! It''s amazing how fattening even a sugar cookie is in a restaurant. I agree that the food scale helps tremendously. I use mine all the time, and I have lots of those little containers too. I definitely overeat if I don''t weigh and measure everything.

rod - so I''m not going to feel bad about losing 6 pounds past my goal, since I''ll gain that back in muscle when I join the gym. And I''m sure building some muscle will do wonders for my back! I hope you''re having a restful weekend. It sounds like you''ll have a blast with the condo shopping and the show. Have fun! You deserve it!

Have a great Sunday everyone!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Saturday ladies!

tlh You know, I always run by myself and don''t know if I would enjoy running with someone else. Is that weird? During my wedding week, I did run a couple runs with my SIL, who is a marathoner. It wasn''t too bad; I don''t know, I guess I just like that time to process my day/thoughts. I have family in AZ and they love it. My aunt and uncle bike those trails. What is your race next weekend? Oh, and an Ironman; that''s crazy! How long does it take to train for something so intense?

marcy I love going to bfast! We don''t do it often (my hubs does not eat eggs or cheese), but when we do, I always love it! Yum to your lasagna tonight!

deegee My husband is trying, but he ran out to the store for some bread, and came back with corn chips.
20.gif
Oof! Same thing, he''s thin, BUT he is gaining weight ever since he passed the 30 y/o mark. He''s trying, but...

I went on my run this morning; completed around 7 miles. I was tired the whole run, and was difficult during some of the inclines. I''m still loving my runs around the city parks; they are just so nice! Tonight we''ll have pork tenderloin, polenta, and broccoli.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Marcy~ I''m so sorry! I know you loved your job and teaching in general. I hope you find something you can be equally passionate about!

Sorry I can''t post to everyone right now. Hope you''re all doing well and having a great weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The lasagna was great. We had some garlic toast and a glass of wine with it plus I have 3 lunches for each of us this week.

The front entryway is looking good. I am amazed at how much better it looks. We had linoleum there before. Marty has not committed to if he is willing to do our kitchen and dining room yet. Of course if he does that I’d want new carpet too. One thing just leads to another, eh?

Deegee, that is great to hear you are feeling better. I think you are one of the lucky ones not getting a ton of snow. It sounds like some places are being pounded. I think colleges are very political. The dean I taught for during most of my years there would have never, ever done this to me. She is retired now. Her replacement I got along with alright then that new president realigned the college and put me under social sciences. Hopefully Marty will get this finished. I will have to nag him otherwise which is something I am quite good at doing. LOL.

Beach Runner, I can see why you like to run alone. We like to go out to breakfast probably the most. We usually do on either Saturday or Sunday. There are many nice city parks there.

Thanks Somethingshiny. My current class won’t suffer but I am not quite as enthused as I usually am. I have not heard back on my outreach class for June yet. I am guessing since it is for the same college they will probably say no.

The dryer is buzzing.
Marcy
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results