shape
carat
color
clarity

*grumble* stopped clicking on DCD from Pricescope

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purduephotog

Rough_Rock
I''ve been watching the prices on pricescope and (in the past 2 months) I''ve noticed a pattern- anytime I click on a link from Dirt Cheap Diamonds it pulls up an invalid item number.

I just tried 10x and received 9 invalids. It''s getting to the point with this slow ''net connection that I''m just skipping
sad.gif

Does anyone know when the db is purged of invalid linked merchandise? Or is this going to get progressively worse as more are sold off?

Just frustrated; DCD just seems to have the most non-items. Many other stores have a few, I find those too (it seems).

Thanks

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Imay misread...but I think that means the stone is gone....? Are you clicking on a stone from DCD listed from your PS search? I did that a few times, and it will say invalid or something like that. That means it's gone!
sad.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like a script problem. You might try contacting Jim at DCD directly and asking him about the diamonds you are interested in... As we recall, he offers both virtual diamonds (by republishing the multiple listing service reserved for the trade) and a signature series of diamonds which he has purchased for inventory. The challenge with virtual stones is that the dealers really don't see them before selling them, they are drop shipped from the supplier direct to the customer, we have real issues with this sort of transaction because we feel that it is a disservice to consumers who are trusting the various internet vendors to provide them with service and a reasonable effort to ensure that they are purchasing a diamond of quality. For this reason, we recommend asking the dealer to provide you with detailed clarity photographs of the inclusions within the diamond along with detailed proportions analysis, by "detailed clarity photographs" we are referring to actual clarity photographs that provide reference to the inclusions beyond the single Daroscope picture (which is often provided by the cutter) this would require the dealer to actually have to see and evaluate the diamond on your behalf... Daroscope images (we're probably spelling that wrong) are a single image of the diamond that supposedly provides consumers with a way to evaluate the diamond using magnification by moving a viewing box around the stone, however in our experience they do not provide the detail necessary to make a qualified decision to buy a stone, we've tried using them when employed by various cutters to provide dealers with more detailed information regarding the inclusions but find the "detail" to be fuzzy at best.

diamond demon

Rough_Rock
I have encountered the same exact problem when trying to view (almost)any stone from DCD. They all stay Invalid.

The same stone from other PS vendors will, more often then not appear as available. On the few occassions it doesn't appear on their sites, then I assume it has been sold.

I may be totally wrong but it seems as if DCD isn't keeping their listing updated.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Thank you guys for bringing it to our attention. I will looked into database. It is most probably a problem in Pricescope database that should be fixed on Thursday (next DB update).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results