shape
carat
color
clarity

Weird Allergy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FoXy

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

I got a real weird problem and can''t seem to find a solution. I went trough several topics concerning allergies, but none of them matches my problem. Here goes:

I wore my engagement ring for a year and a half before I got married on my left ring finger. No problem.
On the day I got married I changed it to the right ring finger and I was feeling it a bit tight, so I had it widened a size. When I got it back, the lady from the same shop I got it from said that they gave it a rhodium bath to soften the scratches from the daily use.
Here is the catch, ever since then, I can''t wear it! A really crazy rash and blisters start showing after a few hours.
I have always worn all types of jewelery and I''m not allergic to anything. I''m currently wearing on my left hand finger my wedding ring (19ct yellow gold wedding ring) and a diamond solitaire ring my husband bought me on our honey moon, its a half carat diamond on a 18ct white gold ring.
I don''t have any allergies whatsoever from the white or yellow gold.

Thanks for any help you can give me!!

36.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wonder if there was something in the polishing compound that''s doing it? Or maybe it''s just a very localized reaction to the white gold? I know women who can''t wear it in their ears but have no problems with rings and necklaces...Also, how thick is your band and are you washing your hands a lot? Sometimes I''ll get a rash if water and soap get under my rings.

FoXy

Rough_Rock
I know what you mean about the it might being localized.
The band is pretty thick, the ring is the one on my avatar.
I wash my hands just as much as I did when I wore the ring on my left hand! That''s why I don''t get what''s happening!

Thanks for your help
1.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
This is strange! I have experiences this rash too, but it''s from the rhodium wearing and exposing my skin to the gold and alloys. I''m not knowledgable at all on how/what goes into the rhodium bath, but it has to be from something they used, right?

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
ETA:

I put a thin layer of clear nail polish on my ring before I could get it replated and my rash disappeared. I don''t know if you want to try that, but as a temp. solution, it worked for me.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Foxy it could be something as simple as the pattern in which you dry your hands neglects the right hand more than the left hand.

FoXy

Rough_Rock
I don''t think it''s related to hand washing.
I''ll go to the shop ask them if they can tell me the components of the wash.
I really wanna wear the ring again. I''ve taken it off for some weeks now. I wore it back on 2 days ago, I couldn''t handle it for more than a day. My finger is itching like crazy and I have blisters all around the ring spot.
Do you guys think that eventually the rhodium bath will wear off?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
It could obviously be a number of things, so I guess only a complete allergy test (at the doctors) could give you the right answer.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results