shape
carat
color
clarity

Unset stones/upcoming projects

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m posting pics now, folks, LOL!!!!

This is a 4 Peaks ammie, 15 ct, has some zoning but in a basket that is covered up nicely. I needed a 15 ct stone for a pendant like the Wempe pendant recently in the NY Times. Ammie on top, sunstone on bottom, with some round diamonds circling the sunstone and a marquise diamond going up top with the ammie, maybe on he bail.

More pics following.

ammie1.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
"Nother one.

ammie2.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
It was really hard to find an emerald cut ammie in this size and it is why I accepted some moderate zoning.

ammie3.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Out of 5 shots of the pendant arrangement, this is the only one to load, sorry bout that.

pend5.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
This is a 4.5 ct Oregon mine sunstone that I bought off the mine owners truck bumper on my birthday. I had to beg him to get out the "good stuff," as all he showed me at first was awful bubblegum pink tourmaline.

I could see I wasn''t going to be shown any good tourmaline (I was at the Himalays Mine in CA) so I knew this guy had a mine in Oregon/sunstone.

I saw this one and had to have it.

Then as I got to know more about jewelry, had no idea how to set it. Wempe design as above!

This stone has a wonderful Schiller in it, floating copper strands. Not a negative at all.

Cut in Hong Kong. Julia saw it on Saturday and said it was nicely cut.

sunstn.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
''Nother one.

sunstn2.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
A 5 ct Pakistan or Afghan peridot, have to look on the box. Portugese cut done by Andre Gulij, GemFix. A very nice man to do biz with and he knows his stuff. He is extremely accommodating and he has tons of inventory not on his site. I bought this at the Tucson Show last year, he had a large booth in the big show so I could get in there.

peridt.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
This is either going to be set in a girl-version of Bob''s celtic ring OR a semi bezel in 18 kt gold, hammered band, of course by JKT!

peridt3.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Show is almost over!

peridt1.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
As per Gailey, I will be posting pics soon of imperial topaz set with diamonds, my rhodi garnet from The Collector, and a few others.

Bob went to open the safe to get those out for me and the stinking battery died. This sets in motion an entire host of probs, least of which is battery replacement.

OH, and it is ANDREW Gulij, Gemfix, not Andre.

have not had coffee yet this morning .\\\

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have a picture of the Wempe?

Sal from Cal

Rough_Rock
Trade
Quite the collection there SG. You have a great eye for picking out some wonderful gems...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/26/2010 11:27:05 AM
Author: Harriet
Do you have a picture of the Wempe?
Looks like it is going to be a sizeable pendant and an eye-popper with the surrounding diamonds.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.wempe.com/bereich-necklaces-st-selart-976ARTnecklaces.htm

Okay, best I could do was to post this link.

I would like to know what you all think of this design, given the loose stones I have for the project. Also, I thought the stones Wempe used were pretty good, considering I''m only making that judgement off a pic and also their newspaper ads.

Wempe seems to like colored gemstones.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. Very pretty design!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I like the Wempe pendant. Thanks for posting the link it is very different than what I had pictured. Your stones will be lovely in that style setting.

I also really like your Peridot. You have picked some beautiful stones. TFS!!
9.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I think your stones in a similar style pendant to the one you referenced will look great. I really like that sunstone. I think I need to get one eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results