shape
carat
color
clarity

Who does the best antique and engraved rings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mufiin_top

Shiny_Rock
Hi people,

I am very particular about quality. I am looking to create a custom design with rounded and engraved shanks, which not every jeweler who does custom pieces can do well. Anyone with a good eye for antiue styles care to recommend a jeweler who could do something similar to what's in the picture and in platinum or palladium?

Check out the link to see better pictures of it. The picture comes from here:
http://www.langantiques.com/category/10/4/item/10-1-2658/

Unfortunately that set is in white gold which I'd rather not do.

langantiques.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
van craeynest, without a doubt - do a forum search for lots of threads. If you''re talking quality, you don''t get alot higher in craftsmanship imho.

style 1007 is my new official dream setting
30.gif
30.gif

apologies, I tried to post a pic a couple times but keep getting an admin error.

mufiin_top

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/22/2010 8:37:58 AM
Author: arjunajane
van craeynest, without a doubt - do a forum search for lots of threads. If you''re talking quality, you don''t get alot higher in craftsmanship imho.

30.gif
30.gif

apologies, I tried to post a pic a couple times but keep getting an admin error.
I have seen their stuff, and didn''t even both to ask them their prices because they are in SF and so I assume they must be astronomical. But absolutely they do lovely engraving....speaking of engraving check out this guy, whose work is the best I have ever seen:

http://www.masterengraver.com/jewelry/index.shtml

Click on the bottom-most right-hand image to see what he can do with a very tiny platinum ring!

Anyways, perhaps I''ll get in touch with VC for an estimate at least....

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
Van Craeynest is a great choice if money is no object (like seriously no object at all).

Green Lake Jewelers is also very good at antique-inspired styles and engraving, and is considerably lower price-wise, although still not cheap.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Van Craeynest has amazing stuff, but yeah it''s pretty pricey. I visited the factory once ( since I live in San Francisco ) and they were super nice.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d check with Ari and Singlestone too. He''s pricey too but does amazing work!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2010 11:23:24 AM
Author: mufiin_top
Date: 1/22/2010 8:37:58 AM

Author: arjunajane

30.gif
30.gif

I have seen their stuff, and didn''t even both to ask them their prices because they are in SF and so I assume they must be astronomical. But absolutely they do lovely engraving....speaking of engraving check out this guy, whose work is the best I have ever seen:

http://www.masterengraver.com/jewelry/index.shtml

Click on the bottom-most right-hand image to see what he can do with a very tiny platinum ring!

Anyways, perhaps I''ll get in touch with VC for an estimate at least....

muffin, thankyou for that link his work is just incredible! Very inspiring.

mufiin_top

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/22/2010 3:27:05 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I''d check with Ari and Singlestone too. He''s pricey too but does amazing work!

I already emailed Ari, he seems very nice:) I might use them who knows!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I may be mistaken, but that looks a lot like a Beverley K design, 90PP1 as carried by Pearlman's. The price in 18kt white gold is about $2400 for the mounting. BK makes matching wedding bands. My set is BK from Pearlman's.

ETA: yes, it is a Beverley K. They will do their mountings in platinum for sure. Mine is 18kt white gold and is pristine after 2.5 years of wear. I don't know if they do palladium.

mufiin_top

Shiny_Rock
Lyra, THANK YOU for telling me who does this design! I was hoping somebopdy would know. DO you happen to have a link to it?Z?? I will try pearlman''s site, I didn''t see it on bev k''s.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results