shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging Whitby Re: Chris Ploof ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hi Whitby,

I think you mentioned on another thread that you had a ring by Chris Ploof. Was it a meteorite ring?
Even if it wasn''t will you please post pictures?

I''m considering a Chris Ploof meteroite wedding band in the event that I ever get married, and I''m concerned about comfort and durability. I''ve heard his rings can be a little hefty, so I''m also considering how it would pair with an engagement ring.

Any information about your experiences with your ring (good and bad) would be most helpful.

Thank you!

P.S. Your Australia trip sounds amazing, I hope you have an excellent time!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi hope dream - and thanks for your warm wishes re my trip home :)

i cant post photos, i'm sorry, because i'm currently in LA on my way home to australia, and i dont have it with me.

first off - let me say - i LOVE it. mine is edged in yellow gold, which i think looks *stunning* with the deep stormy gray color of the meteorite. i wear it a few ways most often - alone, with a 3mm milgrain, pave set eternity band (1.32ct total - 4pt stones), with my 1.12 transitional cut solitaire - which has a 2mm band, with my 1.75ct yellow sapphire with .7 diamonds on either side (again, the yellow and the deep gray looks AMAZING together), or with my full circle shared prong diamond eternity (2.68ctw).

i got the 4mm one, and i wouldnt advise going any narrower than about 3.5mm if you want it edged, as the proportions look wrong. it *is* a reasonably thick ring, but it's extremely comfortable to wear (it's a comfort fit), and i like the weight of it. my solitaire is a 1/2 size larger than the meteorite band, and it lines up beautifully, so it's not so thick that it looks like it doesnt match my other rings. it lines up perfectly with the pave, milgrain eternity. it certainly isnt chunky or lumpy looking - it's a very elegant ring.

i got the flat ring, as opposed to the rounded ring, no dots or stones, and i'm very happy with it. let me also say that the photos on his site do not do the rings justice; my husband has the damascus steel ring, and it's *gorgeous*! i've attached a photo of it - it's the ring on the left; the one next to it is one of mine - pls ignore it - it was for a different thread.

Chris is a dream to work with. the roughened surface is done by him, and should it polish off over time, he'll reapply it for you. it's easily done and i suspect you could have it done anywhere. i've never had mine done tho, and it's still in perfectly good condition after about 2-3 years.

all this to say...

i'd heartily recommend it!

timsweddera13.jpg

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hi Whitby,

I appreciate your opinion on the ring- I''m glad to here it''s comfortable. It''s also good to know about proportions that would look good. I was thinking of about a 3mm band, but I''m glad you mentioned that 3.5 mm would look better proportionaly. I''d already come to the conclusion that Chris is a master craftsman, but I wanted the detail-oriented PS perspective on his work - he certainly sound up to snuff. The yellow gold and meteorite combination is lovely and I''m glad to hear it pairs well with an eternity band.

Thank you very much for your thoughtful reply and the picture of your husband''s ring - Have a good flight!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results