shape
carat
color
clarity

Silly FIL needs a new wedding ring - opinions? Help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Putting this in Hangout since there is more traffic here.
25.gif

Okay, my father in law lost a TON of weight, and his wedding ring doesn''t fit. He doesn''t want to get it resized (had a jeweler botch a resizing in the past) and has been wearing a braided copper ring on his ring finger. It''s rather thin and cheesy looking, IMO. And it''s driving my mother in law and me crazy, and after a year of him not replacing it, I told him that I was going to Happy Tuesday him a ring that looks a little more like a wedding ring! (Happy Tuesday is a tradition in our family when you want to give random small gifts with no cause). He was actually pretty excited about it.
1.gif

So, here''s the dilema. He does NOT want me spending a lot, and I don''t want to either. His old wedding ring is yellow gold, with a double row of diamonds, and he is wearing it on his right hand. He has told me that he doesn''t have a color preference for a new ring, and neither does my MIL, but I''d like it to coordinate with his wedding ring, and my mother in law''s if I can.

So. I can ebay a tungsten ring in the width he likes (6mm, based on my husband''s) and call it a day, but it won''t match his original band.

Or, I can get something with a gold plated inlay, but I worry that the plating will wear off. Although, this is supposed to be an, "until you find something better ring." Knowing the man though, he''ll probably wear it for years before doing anything about getting another one.

So. Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions?

I''m looking for something with the following specs, if anyone has suggestions!

Price: $100 or less.
Size: 9
Width: 6-7mm
Material: Whatever. Some hint of yellow gold is important.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a lovely idea, this Happy Tuesday gift. $100 will be hard, but doing a quick search I found a 10K yellow gold band on Overstock.com for $129.00. Hope you find something that suits!! Good luck!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2010 9:55:47 AM
Author: Kaleigh
What a lovely idea, this Happy Tuesday gift. $100 will be hard, but doing a quick search I found a 10K yellow gold band on Overstock.com for $129.00. Hope you find something that suits!! Good luck!!

Thanks Kaleigh! I found a really nice tungsten band with a carbon fiber inlay that I like a lot, but I''m worried it will be too wide for him (it''s 8mm).

http://www.justmensrings.com/details.asp?ProductCode=TUNG0027

medium_Tung0027.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
I''m still looking, but I found this on Etsy. =tags&includes[]=title:2o8h065d]Linky

It''s $99, Titanium with a 14k yellow gold inlay. It''s only 4mm though...but can be sized by the vendor between 4-17.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
should be some options here... link

audball

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2010 11:13:26 AM
Author: trillionaire
should be some options here... link
Yeah there are! Good find, Trill!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I love you people.
9.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Ok, it's black and not yellow gold and slightly used but it's $20 and his size!

**Link removed by Moderator. No linking to other forums per Pricescope policies**

ETA: Whoops! I forgot about that *blush*
Gecko- it's on the DB site (if that's allowed to be mentioned)
1.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2010 12:01:37 PM
Author: february2003bride
Ok, it''s black and not yellow gold and slightly used but it''s $20 and his size!

**Link removed by Moderator. No linking to other forums per Pricescope policies**
Whoops. February - can you tell me where you found it and I shall go search? If it''s from Diamond Bistro, I think I know the ring you''re speaking of!

I also found a fab just plain ''ole tungsten, but am not sure if the clashing metals would look odd, with one on each hand? What think you all?

I have looked at Overstock, Amazon, ebay, random internet searches etc.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2010 1:32:28 PM
Author: EBree
Maybe...

Antique 14k YG (Size 9!)
Nice! I''m gonna send that and a few others to my SIL and see what she thinks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results