shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your Traditional Charm Bracelets....

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2010 1:49:10 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
1/19/2010 12:55:13 PM

Author: whitby_2773

ringthings -

i've got a charm bracelet, but it's back in NY (i'm currently in LA). i just had a chat with my husband and asked him to take some photos this evening. i should have some shots for you tonight, i hope. it's very traditional - not *quite* full, but almost. i've been collecting charms for it on and off since i was about 22, i think. so that's a lotta charms over a LOTTA years!

(note to self - remind husband...remind husband...)

I am delighted to see you again, whitby. I can't wait to see and hear about your charm bracelet. Is there a thread in which you filled everyone in on your past adventures while you were taking a break from Pricescope? If so, I'd love to know where it is. It is good to have you here again.

Hugs,

Deb/AGBF

34.gif

and a big hug to you too, AGBF! :) i hope things are going well for you and your family.

there's a little thread somewhere called 'thanks for the welcome backs' - because a few people spotted me and it turned into a threadjack, so i thought it best just to say hi and thank you in one place. that has a little of my news.

i've IM'd, called AND emailed tim to remind him to take photos. i love my bracelet; both my parents are deceased, and this bracelet has charms from each of them, from my husband, from my travels, from friends, and so on and so on. it's Precious with a capital P!

i'll try to get photos up this evening :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Love these! I''d love to inherit my Mom''s bracelet--lots of memories attached to those charms.....

cheers--Sharon

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
ok - here it is...with thanks to tim!...

IMG_2923s.JPG

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
ringthings - i''ll post a couple of close up photos in a new thread if you like; i dont want to hog this one.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Whitby, I love your bracelet. What a wonderful family heirloom!

I keep trying to post pics of the one I inherited from my Nana (grandmother) but I''m having technical difficulties. I click "attach file", choose my pic from iphoto-so far so good-but then when I click "upload" nothing happens. No error message, nothing. I''m going to post on Hangout and see if anyone has a suggestion. It''s driving me crazy that I can''t get the picture to show up!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2010 9:33:40 PM
Author: Gayletmom
Whitby, I love your bracelet. What a wonderful family heirloom!

I keep trying to post pics of the one I inherited from my Nana (grandmother) but I''m having technical difficulties. I click ''attach file'', choose my pic from iphoto-so far so good-but then when I click ''upload'' nothing happens. No error message, nothing. I''m going to post on Hangout and see if anyone has a suggestion. It''s driving me crazy that I can''t get the picture to show up!

thanks gayletmom :) i decided to start a thread for it as well, as i had a number of photos of it.

i hope you work out your technical problem - i''m *useless* at this kind of thing! good luck - i''ll be keeping an eye out for your photos!

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Whitby-
I love it! How pretty. I love the gold and the colorful (enamel?) missed in on some of them.
It''s just perfect! How long have you been adding charms to it? I hope my new one will turn out like this!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/19/2010 9:14:47 PM

Hi, whitby! I visited the thread with your charm bracelet and commented on it there. It is really spectacular, the kind of charm bracelet that one dreams about! I am actually hoping that when you are reunited with the bracelet that you will be able to get even more photos of it into the thread. I am wondering if you will be able to get close-ups of some of the individual charms that we can see now, to let us see them better! It is really a work of art, whitby. Thank you so much for sharing it.

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2010 8:35:15 AM

Date:
1/19/2010 9:14:47 PM

Hi, whitby! I visited the thread with your charm bracelet and commented on it there. It is really spectacular, the kind of charm bracelet that one dreams about! I am actually hoping that when you are reunited with the bracelet that you will be able to get even more photos of it into the thread. I am wondering if you will be able to get close-ups of some of the individual charms that we can see now, to let us see them better! It is really a work of art, whitby. Thank you so much for sharing it.

Deb/AGBF

34.gif

thanks Deb, that''s very kind. but yes, i know what you mean re it being ''the sort of charm bracelet one dreams about'' - just in that i wanted a truly *traditional* one - exactly as this thread says. from the time i was a child, i wanted the type i oh-so-occasionally saw on the wrists of women much older than me. i thought they were mesmerizing. when i was a little girl, i used to love - and collect - miniatures. i just loved the concentration of detail on anything that had been shrunk right down, but done well. charm bracelets are the epitome of that concept, and i''ve had a fascination with them for eons. i''m not done yet, either; it''ll take a few more years. i dont get more than one or two charms a year and it''s a significant outlay for something which, in the final analysis, is just an indulgence.

yay indulgence! yay jewelery!

40.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/20/2010 1:23:25 PM

when i was a little girl, i used to love - and collect - miniatures. i just loved the concentration of detail on anything that had been shrunk right down, but done well. charm bracelets are the epitome of that concept, and i''ve had a fascination with them for eons. i''m not done yet, either; it''ll take a few more years. i dont get more than one or two charms a year and it''s a significant outlay for something which, in the final analysis, is just an indulgence.

yay indulgence! yay jewelery!

I am right with you, whitby! I don''t think I have bought a charm for my bracelet for a few years now. (My bracelet is not representative of my whole life as yours is of yours and is not nearly as full of charms. It only represents the most recent years, since I was a wife, homeowner, mother, and Lab owner.) The cost of one charm can be very high and, thus, my bracelet is an indulgence. But the bracelet wouldn''t mean as much to me if I were able to fill it up the day I bought it. Maybe if I were wealthy enough to do it, but waited until I found the perfect charm each time, it could still be meaningful, but not being wealthy enough to have everything at once feels right, too. ;-)

Speaking of high priced charms: I did put the Tiffany cupcake charm back on my wishlist after seeing your cupcake charm and listening to your enabling comments in the other thread. Now that is one pricey charm! As I said, it had been on my wishlist for years, then I decided I didn''t need it...until I saw your cupcake!

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2010 5:37:29 PM
Author: Rachel9
Gosh, I''ve abandoned the charm project several times [in 5 years] because I simply don''t wear much lately.
My kids were given some charms [in a necklace] but they are 22k not sure I want to go that route either
7.gif
Rachel - I love your glass & bottle charms! Very cute.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2010 6:07:29 PM

I am right with you, whitby! I don''t think I have bought a charm for my bracelet for a few years now. (My bracelet is not representative of my whole life as yours is of yours and is not nearly as full of charms. It only represents the most recent years, since I was a wife, homeowner, mother, and Lab owner.) The cost of one charm can be very high and, thus, my bracelet is an indulgence. But the bracelet wouldn''t mean as much to me if I were able to fill it up the day I bought it. Maybe if I were wealthy enough to do it, but waited until I found the perfect charm each time, it could still be meaningful, but not being wealthy enough to have everything at once feels right, too. ;-)

Speaking of high priced charms: I did put the Tiffany cupcake charm back on my wishlist after seeing your cupcake charm and listening to your enabling comments in the other thread. Now that is one pricey charm! As I said, it had been on my wishlist for years, then I decided I didn''t need it...until I saw your cupcake!

Deb/AGBF

34.gif

17.gif
6.gif
36.gif

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/20/2010 6:47:17 PM
Author: MC

Date: 1/17/2010 5:37:29 PM
Author: Rachel9
Gosh, I've abandoned the charm project several times [in 5 years] because I simply don't wear much lately.
My kids were given some charms [in a necklace] but they are 22k not sure I want to go that route either
7.gif
Rachel - I love your glass & bottle charms! Very cute.

Thank you dear MC

21.gif

Whitby you are souch an inspiration, your bracelet is gorgeous~!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very neat charms. I have 2 charm bracelets but I have no idea where they are. I''ll have to see if I can find them and get photos. I had them in junior high school through high school.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/20/2010 11:40:38 PM
Author: marcyc

Very neat charms. I have 2 charm bracelets but I have no idea where they are. I'll have to see if I can find them and get photos. I had them in junior high school through high school.
Please, do, look! I am anxious to see them, marcy!

AGBF
34.gif

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
After Marcyc''s comment I''m going to look for a charm bracelet that I know is around here.....maybe my sister didn''t return it? Have to do some search
33.gif

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, it only took me 3 days but I finally think I figured out how to post my bracelet.

A couple of years ago, I inherited my grandmother''s bracelet. I cherish it so and love to wear it. The bracelet has her original wedding ring on it as a charm, profile charms of my sister and me, and a Mother''s Day charm from my mother to hers.

Mostly, though, it is a sports bracelet. My grandfather was quite the athlete. There are two Vanderbilt track shoe charms from his time there, two Vandy basketball charms and a Vandy Football. There''s another football charm from the Blue & Gray game in 1947, a Sugar Bowl Charm, Cotton Bowl Charm and Bluebonnet Bowl charm all from his days as a coach at LSU. There are also some charms from his days as coach of the NO Saints-a Fleur de Lis, a football helmet and a "Sir Saint" charm. There''s only one charm missing and, luckily, my mother has it so I just need to have it soldered on (it''s a Falcon from-you guessed it- the Atlanta coaching days).

Nanabracelet.JPG

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
This thread is so wonderful, and such an inspiration to start a charm bracelet. I haven''t had the heart to even thing about charm bracelets cause I lost one years ago.

Mine was started in early childhood, and my parents and grandparents contributed to it. One of the charms was a little schoolhouse which my father gave me when I graduated 6th grade. He knew I loved the Little House on the Praire series and this was a charm that looked like a little log cabin schoolhouse. Each birthday, my parents added another charm. I had an ice cream cone charm from my father because taking me out for a cone was a special treat we did together.

Another very special charm was an award my grandmother won for her work with adopted children from the Sunshine league. This thread brings back fond and loving memories. The rest came from travels, and picked up over the years but the family gifts can never be replaced.

I can so relate to Whitby''s comment about being a child and seeing the grown up ladies with charm bracelets and being fascinated by the sounds and watching their wrists move.

Thanks for the photos and this remarkable thread.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
oh gardengloves - how sad!!
8.gif
i''m so sorry you lost something so precious, but i *do* hope you start another one. if you start a new one, you need to have one empty bale/drop link to symbolize the one you lost - and all the memories it had.

gayletmom - i LOVE this bracelet! it''s the real, original charm bracelet mccoy. gorgeous. :)

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Gayle, what an absolute treasure.

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
Wow Gayle, thanks for posting such special bracelet
36.gif

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to all of you for your lovely compliments.

I''m so crazy for charm bracelets that I am starting my own. It will probably take years to fill-and for me that''s a big part of the fun. I suppose you could say that it''s kind of silly to start another- I mean, how many bracelets can one person wear-but I love them so that I don''t think I could overdo it.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2010 1:27:46 PM
oh gardengloves - how sad!!
8.gif
i'm so sorry you lost something so precious, but i *do* hope you start another one. if you start a new one, you need to have one empty bale/drop link to symbolize the one you lost - and all the memories it had.

gayletmom - i LOVE this bracelet! it's the real, original charm bracelet mccoy. gorgeous. :)

You know what Whitby, I'm going to start all over.

I still have one piece my dad gave my mom for their first Valentine's Day after they married. We are talking well over 50 years ago. It's a cupid in a heart shape. The little guy is carrying bows and arrows, surrounded by pearls. I'm going to use this one piece and start a new charm bracelet. For awhile, this will be the only charm, but it sure will be meaningful and full of memories. Thanks for the encouraging words.

cupid33.jpg

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
gardengloves,

I''m glad to hear it! You should start a new one. It will be fun, and I''m sure that they would be proud. Don''t forget to add in new stuff that represents your current life/interests/etc., too. :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/24/2010 2:49:57 PM
Author: gardengloves

You know what Whitby, I'm going to start all over.

I still have one piece my dad gave my mom for their first Valentine's Day after they married. We are talking well over 50 years ago. It's a cupid in a heart shape. The little guy is carrying bows and arrows, surrounded by pearls. I'm going to use this one piece and start a new charm bracelet. For awhile, this will be the only charm, but it sure will be meaningful and full of memories. Thanks for the encouraging words.
I was so sad to read what you wrote about losing your charm bracelet, gardengloves. I lost some pieces of jewelry that had sentimental value to me in a burglary, including an amethyst ring given to me by a Great Aunt when I was born and the coral earrings my husband bought me in Paris the night he proposed to me. My loss was not as heart-wrenching as yours, however; the charms you lost with the attachment you described their having to your parents and grandmother were really unique! They seemed to represent the essence of your childhood and love for your closest family members.

I am very happy that you are starting a new charm bracelet and that you know that you want to start it with a special charm belonging to your parents. Please show us a photo-start a new thread-as soon as you pick a bracelet (or start to look for one)!!!

AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/21/2010 10:24:33 PM

Mostly, though, it is a sports bracelet. My grandfather was quite the athlete. There are two Vanderbilt track shoe charms from his time there, two Vandy basketball charms and a Vandy Football. There's another football charm from the Blue & Gray game in 1947, a Sugar Bowl Charm, Cotton Bowl Charm and Bluebonnet Bowl charm all from his days as a coach at LSU. There are also some charms from his days as coach of the NO Saints-a Fleur de Lis, a football helmet and a 'Sir Saint' charm. There's only one charm missing and, luckily, my mother has it so I just need to have it soldered on (it's a Falcon from-you guessed it- the Atlanta coaching days).
That bracelet is really a gem, Gayle...and a family heirloom. I am glad that you treasure it. Your grandfather was quite a man! I think it is fabulous that you have such a great sense of family history and will be preserving his legacy! I also think that starting a new charm bracelet is a must-do! Otherwise, where will you be able to put your creative charm bracelet-building talents? I can't wait to see your bracelet grow!

AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/21/2010 10:24:33 PM

A couple of years ago, I inherited my grandmother''s bracelet.

My grandfather was quite the athlete.

There are also some charms from his days as coach of the NO Saints-a Fleur de Lis, a football helmet and a ''Sir Saint'' charm.
I guess you''ll be watching the Super Bowl with interest!

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2010 7:56:04 PM

Date:
1/24/2010 2:49:57 PM

You know what Whitby, I''m going to start all over.

I still have one piece my dad gave my mom for their first Valentine''s Day after they married. We are talking well over 50 years ago. It''s a cupid in a heart shape. The little guy is carrying bows and arrows, surrounded by pearls. I''m going to use this one piece and start a new charm bracelet. For awhile, this will be the only charm, but it sure will be meaningful and full of memories. Thanks for the encouraging words.

I was so sad to read what you wrote about losing your charm bracelet, gardengloves. I lost some pieces of jewelry that had sentimental value to me in a burglary, including an amethyst ring given to me by a Great Aunt when I was born and the coral earrings my husband bought me in Paris the night he proposed to me. My loss was not as heart-wrenching as yours, however; the charms you lost with the attachment you described their having to your parents and grandmother were really unique! They seemed to represent the essence of your childhood and love for your closest family members.

I am very happy that you are starting a new charm bracelet and that you know that you want to start it with a special charm belonging to your parents. Please show us a photo-start a new thread-as soon as you pick a bracelet (or start to look for one)!!!

AGBF

34.gif

Thanks so much for the kind comments. All your posts are so thoughtful and considerate.

It''s very much appreciated.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
I guess you''ll be watching the Super Bowl with interest!

Deb/AGBF

34.gif

Yes, Deb, it is a pretty exciting time for us Saints fans. When my grandfather was coaching at LSU my mom and dad met so I grew up in So. Louisiana. It was a few years later that he was hired by the Saints but eventually retired to New Orleans so we are all Saints crazy!

I''m also getting pretty charm crazy. I''ve been browsing websites and coming up with a wishlist. My bracelet arrived last week from Beladora and it''s gorgeous. I''ll keep you all posted as I start collecting. Maybe Mother''s Day?

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2010 2:49:57 PM

You know what Whitby, I''m going to start all over.

I still have one piece my dad gave my mom for their first Valentine''s Day after they married. We are talking well over 50 years ago. It''s a cupid in a heart shape. The little guy is carrying bows and arrows, surrounded by pearls. I''m going to use this one piece and start a new charm bracelet. For awhile, this will be the only charm, but it sure will be meaningful and full of memories. Thanks for the encouraging words.

gardengloves - i''m so pleased! i love the heart you posted - how elegant and gorgeous and meaningful!

where will you look for your bracelet? if i could do it all over again, i''d probably go with the tiffany one - if i could bring myself to pay their ridiculous prices! (which i can''t) i''m currently working on my new charm and will start a link for it this evening.

pls keep us up to date if and when you progress with your new bracelet - i''d love to cheer you on :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results