shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your Traditional Charm Bracelets....

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Can you show us your traditional charm bracelets?

I love charm bracelets, and the stories behind them. Would love to see yours.

I''ll post pics if my camera battery decides to charge again! But, here''s the story on mine:
First charm bracelet I got later on in elementary school. It had a few charms on it-- an initial, a frog, a state charm,.. I can''t remember what else. I added an eagle and turquise birdcage from my mom''s jewelry case that she found. I''d get charms on occasional holidays over the years, such as one to represent the family pet, one for honor society, one for high school graduation. By middle school, I got a second (cheaper) charm bracelet that had a few holiday charms, a few special interests, etc. I put a handful of charms from different tourist sites we visited. I forgot about the bracelets and didn''t add enough to them. By early college, I figured we''d lost the original bracelets (we hadn''t, but I didn''t know that), so I went out and got a cheap silver bracelet and put a variety of stuff I would have liked to have had on the first one-- charms for places I''d been, initials, hobbies, sweet 16, high school graduation, etc. Wouldn''t you know it-- I soon found the "real" 2 charm bracelets from my childhood. Last year, I decided to get a cheap enamel Brighton bracelet, thinking I wanted to start over with a new (and cheaper) bracelet that had sliding charms (still hanging, but they slide on the bracelet), instead of the split ring charms. I have maybe 5 charms on there-- haven''t added much to it. I can''t find any more charms I like for that one from Brighton. I hope they come out with more. I rarely wear it since it''s jingly and the charms are bulky.

I am considering either getting a "Pandora" bracelet that doesn''t jingle (that style, but cheaper) and making that my young adulthood bracelet. But, I just don''t understand the ''bead thing.'' I can''t remember where I got half of my traditional charms,.. I can''t imagine remembering where/when/why I got a $20 enamel charm bead (from the store I''m looking at, not real Pandora).

If I don''t do the Pandora bracelet, I might get a nice traditional charm bracelet and put some of the charms I''ve gotten in the past year or two on it.

For some reason, I just don''t want to add to my childhood bracelets. There''s so many years of a gap in there, and I haven''t added to it since.. probably high school.

Anyway, please show us your traditional charm bracelets if you will.... :)

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
Great topic. I was just thinking about starting a yellow gold charm bracelet from Tiffany and taking years to fill it up... can't decide, though!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also love charm bracelets so would be very interested to see some posted!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a coincidence. Or maybe not. Gayletmom started a pretty exciting thread about starting a yellow gold charm bracelet in Hangout recently and it inspired me to look for my charm bracelet, which I found today. Perhaps it also inspired some of you to think about charm bracelets?

At any rate, I was in Connecticut and I couldn''t find my charm bracelet there; it was not in my safe deposit box. I found it here in my house in Virginia (as I said) in one of my jewelry boxes. I also found my James Avery gold nativity charm bracelet here, but I thought that I had that here so that wasn''t a big surprise. I have my videocamera (which takes only so-so photos) in Connecticut, so I won''t be posting anything today.

Who will actually post the first photo of her charm bracelet?

AGBF
34.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Charm bracelets are so pretty! I have one my mom brought me back from Australia when I was in 3rd grade-it has a kangaroo and a boomerang and I''m not sure what else on it. It''s not gold tho!

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Can''t wait to see them.

I thought of 2 more to add.. I have my grandma''s travel charm bracelet, mostly from the mid-1900s. Coat of arms style. Then, I have my mom''s charm bracelet. (Ok, I left it at her house just in case she wants to look at it). It''s gold, mid-century, and has maybe 5 or 6 charms. They are mostly ''coin'' style, some were from parents or her friends, and engraved with a date, initial, or who it was from. She probably hasn''t added anything to it until she was 16, 18 tops.

I''ve been thinking I might get both the pandora-style, and a new traditional bracelet.

The traditional bracelet I got in elementary school has one of those safety chains on it, and that makes it a little harder to get on. It''s probably 7 inches or less of a chain, and, well, I''m not 12 anymore!

Do you all add to your old charm bracelets that you haven''t touched in years, or do you just start over?

I saw a blog about someone loading their charm bracelet to 50+ charms. It was really cool. She said it jingled, but she''s got charms from high school up through now (however old she is).

Pictures to come, from me, too...

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Charm Bracelet One:

This one isn't very special.. it's from a craft store. I got it in 2008 and put a few recent things on it. It was a pretty good year for me, so I guess I got this to just represent the year. I just realized I had it. I don't plan to add anything to this one. I have another craft store bracelet that I added some holiday charms to once.

charmbracelet1.jpg

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Charm Bracelet 3:

The replacement charm bracelet I got in college, thinking my childhood ones were lost.
It''s cheap silver, and actually kind of smells like it. I don''t really like this bracelet,
though I do like some of the charms on it. I plan to hang on to it anyway, and give my
kids some of the charms one day as trinkets. (I plan to get them a "real" charm bracelet,
as well as a cheap silver bracelet that they can do with and add to and wear however they want.)

charmbracelet3.jpg

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
The first charm bracelet I got in elementary school, from James Avery:

charmbracelet4.jpg

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
Gosh, I've abandoned the charm project several times [in 5 years] because I simply don't wear much lately.
My kids were given some charms [in a necklace] but they are 22k not sure I want to go that route either
7.gif

Diamond Wgold.jpg

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Charm bracelet 5:

Second childhood charm bracelet, from some department store, elementary/early middle school.

charmbracelet5.jpg

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
Lovely, I'm so jealous now........
18.gif
Thanks for posting
9.gif

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! And I like your champagne bottle charms.. is the bracelet themed on wine/etc.? I like how sparkly they are! Are they the clip-on charms, and if so, do you like the clip-on style?

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
I''ll have to add my Brighton ABC slider bracelet later.

(What I like: They''re pretty cheap at around $10-20 a charm, easy to attach as you slide them on, and colorful with the enamel on them. What I don''t: the silver finish rubs off, limited selection- especially lacking in travel and hobby charms, harder to find.. as Brighton doesn''t sell online, and I wonder how long they''ll keep designing them.)

The photos aren''t the best, but I just realized I''d already had the photos on my PC. I might take better photos later on, but these are a start.

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
Tehehe, not wine theme at all....I was trying to finish a girlie bracelet, so far it has a diamond heel shoe, two diamond cut purses, champagne, martini, cross and a beach ball lol, I find the clip ons hard to move w/o breaking a nail, I honestly think jump rings are safer imo.

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
DH's grandmother gave us these rather 'unique' charm necklaces when I had my twins
6.gif
the evil 'eye' is quite scrary!
8.gif
At one point I thought of taking 2 bible scrolls, 2 crosses, 2 coins of M, 2 beads and 2 hearts to start fresh with a new 18k y/g charm bracelet, not really motivated at this point lol

22k144gr.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You both have some fabulous bracelets there! ringthings, I am simply amazed at your ability to hang onto things! I once had a sterling silver bracelet with charms of the states in the United States. I added one whenever I visited that state when I was a child. At some point I guess I stopped doing it. I have no idea what happened to the bracelet, though. It is possible that it was taken when we were burgled when we were first married; I lost a good number of pieces of jewelry that had sentimental value although not great monetary value in that burglary.

ringthings, I love your grandmother's travel charm bracelet. It has incredible charm (no pun intended!).

Rachel, Of course I love your yellow gold bracelets!

AGBF
34.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I love your bracelets. I have a vintage sterling one. Guess I''ll have to take a pic of it to post here :)

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
AGBF,
Thanks! Old travel bracelets really are charming. ;-) Some people are more scared of how I hold onto things. haha. Really, though, I just always kept jewelry in one dresser drawer as a kid in a box, so it wasn''t that hard to hang on to. And I didn''t wear the charm bracelets often as a kid because they were "nice," so they were relegated to boring special occasions.

innerkitten,
Thanks. I''d love to see your bracelet too!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I love the one wiht the travel shields! So fantastic!!!

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread! Thanks, Ringthings for starting it. I love charm bracelets and as Deb mentioned, I have been thinking about them alot lately.

I inherited one from my grandmother a few years ago and I will post pics soon.

In the meantime, here is the one I recently ordered from Beladora 2 to start my own charm bracelet. What does everyone think?

l_6001088.10001_2.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/18/2010 10:30:18 PM
Author: Gayletmom

In the meantime, here is the one I recently ordered from Beladora 2 to start my own charm bracelet. What does everyone think?
Well, you know how I feel about it! I love it! I am so glad that you chose it! Wear it in good health! (And update your thread to let people know that you took the plunge.)

Link to thread about Gayletmom's search for her yellow gold charm bracelet. (A lot of fun!)

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a link to another, old, Pricescope thread about traditional yellow gold charm bracelets. The bracelets pictured in this thread did not belong to Pricescope members, but had been featured on eBay (and coveted by Pricescope members). These bracelets give those of us who keep yellow gold charm bracelets something to aim for ;-).

AGBF
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pomellato''s charm bracelet line, while not traditional, is affordable and fun: www.dodo.it

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/19/2010 12:22:56 PM
Author: Harriet

Pomellato''s charm bracelet line, while not traditional, is affordable and fun: www.dodo.it
Hi, Harriet. It is an unexpected pleasure to see you here :). Here is a link to the website.

AGBF
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Deb. I keep wavering on this line. What is your honest opinion?

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
ringthings -

i''ve got a charm bracelet, but it''s back in NY (i''m currently in LA). i just had a chat with my husband and asked him to take some photos this evening. i should have some shots for you tonight, i hope. it''s very traditional - not *quite* full, but almost. i''ve been collecting charms for it on and off since i was about 22, i think. so that''s a lotta charms over a LOTTA years!

(note to self - remind husband...remind husband...)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/19/2010 12:55:13 PM
Author: whitby_2773

ringthings -

i've got a charm bracelet, but it's back in NY (i'm currently in LA). i just had a chat with my husband and asked him to take some photos this evening. i should have some shots for you tonight, i hope. it's very traditional - not *quite* full, but almost. i've been collecting charms for it on and off since i was about 22, i think. so that's a lotta charms over a LOTTA years!

(note to self - remind husband...remind husband...)
I am delighted to see you again, whitby. I can't wait to see and hear about your charm bracelet. Is there a thread in which you filled everyone in on your past adventures while you were taking a break from Pricescope? If so, I'd love to know where it is. It is good to have you here again.

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/19/2010 12:55:07 PM
Author: Harriet

Thanks, Deb. I keep wavering on this line. What is your honest opinion?
Honestly? I felt an urge to buy one for instant; but better sense prevailed ;-). (I'm not kidding. Those are real diamonds and gemstones set in those charms!)

AGBF
34.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results