shape
carat
color
clarity

iolite--white or yellow gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Hello

Newbie here.

I have a 2 1/2 carat iolite that I want to set in either a bezel or halo setting. It''s an oval shape.

Do you like yellow or white gold?

thanks!!!!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Since you like more enclosed settings, and iolite is generally quite a dark stone with not a great color saturation, setting it in white could make it seem almost black and wash out what blue is left in it, so to speak. So I''d definately go with yellow gold, and even try to find a rich shade of yellow like 18k, or maybe even 22k gold. That could really create a beautiful contrast and enrich the color of your iolite.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
white, lol.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to go on a limb and say rose gold because I've seen greyish blue diamonds in rose gold, and I think they look fabulous in there. Iolite is a greyish blue stone. Do you have a picture of it? BTW, you might get more responses if you post this question in the colored stone subforum.

I'm currently setting a violet/blue spinel in rose gold.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is why I decided to set my violet/blue stone in RG.

rosegoldbluestone.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/14/2010 10:33:34 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
This is why I decided to set my violet/blue stone in RG.
that is pretty cool!

what metal color do you wear most?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve had iolite in both WG and YG and the WG really made the stone pop. It is a very pretty stone.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got my spinel ring back today. Here it is in RG. Not everyone''s cup of tea, but it''s another example of a violet/blue stone (like iolite) in RG.

TL28spinelrosegold3.JPG

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone--I think I will go with Rose Gold. That is the metal I have the least.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results