shape
carat
color
clarity

Ritani is on QVC now

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone here seen this? Seems like a trend these days for designers to create a cheaper line for the big shopping networks. I guess it''s the money?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have seen that they have Tacori and Verragio. I wish they would quit doing that. I understand it, but wouldn''t want to pay the designer dollars for a ring that is
copied in silver and cz. Not that I am going to buy on from these lines anyway, but I think it lessens their reputation just a bit.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I''d rather have the real thing, but I don''t see the problem in making those lines more affordable to women who still want pretty jewelry but don''t have thousands of dollars to spend on it.

Honestly if you''re buying a ring for an exclusive label... well I just think that''s the wrong reason. Just buy jewelry based on what you love. Who cares if QVC or HSN or someone else sells a cheaper version? Buy jewelry because it makes you feel good, not because you''re worried if someone at the gym will question where it came from.

Just my 2 cents though!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It cheapens the brand, JMHO. Who knows, maybe sales are down on their high end stuff, so they have to make ends meet. Hard economy, hard to say.

Clothing designers have done this for years. All different levels... Same brand just different quality...

Not a lover myself, but will say I get it.

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2010 9:22:31 PM
Author: Kaleigh
It cheapens the brand, JMHO. Who knows, maybe sales are down on their high end stuff, so they have to make ends meet. Hard economy, hard to say.

Clothing designers have done this for years. All different levels... Same brand just different quality...

Not a lover myself, but will say I get it.

110% agreed.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
23.gif
will Leon be next??

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2010 11:52:05 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
23.gif
will Leon be next??
Oh good lord, that will be the day, his ego wouldn't allow for that. Although I could see him taking calls, all about himself!!! Hi you are live with Leon... I have to say he did a great ring for me, but he's quite the character...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree with Kaleigh''s post.

I think it probably is a bit hard to take if you''re the owner of a setting from what used to be an exclusive designer and find out that similar wares are being made available to the masses. Whether you purchased a setting or a piece of jewelry from an exclusive line for the name or for the quality or for neither, or both, it would still be like
6.gif
! Now everyone can buy something made by that company!

When something becomes so popular that it has saturated the market there is really nowhere else to go but mass-merchandising. Tacori/Verragio/Ritani have all become readily available both online and in B&M stores. I live in a somewhat rural area in southern Indiana and have only to drive a short 30 minutes to have access to all of those designers and more.

I liken this to listening/following a fantastic local band. You and a select few are privy to their music at first, and then BAM! They hit it big and sell out to the man, then suddenly EVERYONE is listening to them, they''re on SNL, everyone thinks THEY discovered them, etc. It is a bit of a disappointment.
2.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No way, really?! I do sort of think it cheapens the brand. I guess Tacori and Ritani thought it was a good idea though.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
If anyone has seen the Tacori, etc. that is available on the shopping channels firsthand, will you please post?
I am curious as to what the quality is like. Personally, I would not be pleased if I were the owner of one of these designer labels, but , as you say, it is common with clothing now, not just jewelry.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I own a Ritani ring, and I''m not worked up about it at all. I love my ring and I know it''s well made, so it doesn''t really bother me. Of course my exact ring isn''t on there either, then I might be more inclined to feel something about it. And it''s not like anyone outside of pricescope knows it''s Ritani either, they just say it''s a pretty ring!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/15/2010 6:25:53 AM
Author: Pink Tower
If anyone has seen the Tacori, etc. that is available on the shopping channels firsthand, will you please post?

My mom actually sent me a pair of Tacori lever back, princess cut earrings for my b-day last year and they are actually very nice. The metal and design are very sturdy and they are really pretty...I''ve gotten lots of compliments on them.

My GF ordered a matching antique look set, drop earrings and a necklace that are also very pretty...but, she ordered a ring as a ''fun'' ring to see what it would be like and although the setting quality and design were alright, the center stone was ugly (very fake looking CZ) and made the whole setting look cheap...needless to say, she didn''t keep it. But if the setting could be re-set with a gem stone, it would have been really pretty, IMO.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I think they should renamed the cz line..there
is definately a market for it though. Ibwouldnt like it if they did replicas of their regular line. I know when jcp stated selling moissanite they got a three stone trellis design on and a couple of people asked If my ring was from there. They looked at me like I was lying when I said no. When I tooky ring off and she saw it up close with the euroshank she said I always thought u were lying about it not being the JCP ring!

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for the typos testing out my new iPhones ability to post

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2010 12:40:32 AM
Author: monarch64
Agree with Kaleigh''s post.

I think it probably is a bit hard to take if you''re the owner of a setting from what used to be an exclusive designer and find out that similar wares are being made available to the masses. Whether you purchased a setting or a piece of jewelry from an exclusive line for the name or for the quality or for neither, or both, it would still be like
6.gif
! Now everyone can buy something made by that company!

When something becomes so popular that it has saturated the market there is really nowhere else to go but mass-merchandising. Tacori/Verragio/Ritani have all become readily available both online and in B&M stores. I live in a somewhat rural area in southern Indiana and have only to drive a short 30 minutes to have access to all of those designers and more.

I liken this to listening/following a fantastic local band. You and a select few are privy to their music at first, and then BAM! They hit it big and sell out to the man, then suddenly EVERYONE is listening to them, they''re on SNL, everyone thinks THEY discovered them, etc. It is a bit of a disappointment.
2.gif
Great post, I totally agree.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t worry about whether someone at the gym will think I had a fake-couldn''t care less. I think it is rude of you to suggest that is my motivation or anyone else''s
Pink Asscher. But who wants to pay the designer price to find that the designer himself does a lesser quality copy.

I have seen and purchased some of those pieces. It is great for trying on a style or size that you are interested in. But I would rather my a similar version without a
designer name. I just don''t want to pay designer premiums and then see the costume version by the same designer.

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/15/2010 6:25:53 AM
Author: Pink Tower

I am curious as to what the quality is like. Personally, I would not be pleased if I were the owner of one of these designer labels, but , as you say, it is common with clothing now, not just jewelry.

I''ve bought a few of the Tacori stacking bands from QVC and I''m really happy with them. Honestly, the workmanship is pretty much equal to my platinum Tacori engagement ring. The stamped "engraving" is cleanly done, the stones are well set, even the machined milgraining looks good. Overall, totally worth the money for fun pieces. I hardly think having the designers name on a silver line cheapens my overpriced platinum ring at all
1.gif

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/15/2010 1:21:37 PM
Author: luv2sparkle
I don't worry about whether someone at the gym will think I had a fake-couldn't care less. I think it is rude of you to suggest that is my motivation or anyone else's

Pink Asscher. But who wants to pay the designer price to find that the designer himself does a lesser quality copy.

I have seen and purchased some of those pieces. It is great for trying on a style or size that you are interested in. But I would rather my a similar version without a

designer name. I just don't want to pay designer premiums and then see the costume version by the same designer.

Um, sorry but I don't see how I was being rude at all. I wasn't directing anything at you or anyone else. I said it was my OPINION. The gym reference is just another way of saying "in public." I stand by what I said, if you're buying a designer ring for the NAME, you have to know there might be knockoffs floating around that people may ask about. I am not a rude person and I don't appreciate you saying that I am. Worrying about if my designer ring has a QVC version is not super high on my priority list. If it bothers you, don't buy it, problem solved. Who cares if someone thinks it's a cheapie, you know the truth. I'm not interested in getting into a long drawn out PS thing over it.
35.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your right about one thing pinkasscher, it is just your opinion. But when you suggest that my motivation is because I wouldn''t buy it because others wouldn''t think it was real,
I''m sorry but that is rude. I simply said I wouldn''t want to pay the premium for the designer name when the designer is making cheap copies as well. I may buy one of the copies
if I like the style, but not the higher priced original. Maybe you didn''t get that. It has nothing to do with what anyone else thinks at the gym or anywhere else. Just my opinion, and
I wouldn''t have any problem with yours if you didn''t infer my motivation into it.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2010 8:39:24 PM
Author: luv2sparkle
Your right about one thing pinkasscher, it is just your opinion. But when you suggest that my motivation is because I wouldn''t buy it because others wouldn''t think it was real,

I''m sorry but that is rude. I simply said I wouldn''t want to pay the premium for the designer name when the designer is making cheap copies as well. I may buy one of the copies

if I like the style, but not the higher priced original. Maybe you didn''t get that. It has nothing to do with what anyone else thinks at the gym or anywhere else. Just my opinion, and

I wouldn''t have any problem with yours if you didn''t infer my motivation into it.

However you see it.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I don''t see how PinkAsscher was rude?
33.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with Sizzle that they should at least rename the line...

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2010 9:44:29 PM
Author: IndyLady
33.gif

Thanks IndyLady, I have to admit I was a little confused about that...

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2010 9:44:29 PM
Author: IndyLady
33.gif
Um yeah, there was defintely no rudeness in PinkAsscher''s entire post. I think sometimes people just look for reasons to get offended, KWIM?

Forgive my ignorance, but does the silver/CZ line not have a "name"? They just call it "Tacori"?

I don''t think it should bother anyone who has a "real" Tacori at all. It doesn''t make your ring any less special. If you are concerned with uniqueness, or with nobody else on the planet having your ring, you would''ve had it custom made, no?

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, was typing Tacori, really meant Tacori and/or Ritani
9.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I was disappointed when Vera Wang sold out to Khol''s, and one of my favorites, Cathy Waterman, joined up with QVC
8.gif
To me, it does change the special nature of their jewelry. JMHO

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2010 11:43:42 PM
Author: iluvcarats
I was disappointed when Vera Wang sold out to Khol''s, and one of my favorites, Cathy Waterman, joined up with QVC
8.gif

I mean, that''s understandable in a way. But the times they are a-changing. It''s a smart move business wise for these brands to cater to more financial demographics. I know a lot of high end labels are really struggling right now. Vera Wang''s line was discontinued (I think?) and if the economy ever gets back to normal these "budget" lines will probably taper off.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2010 11:48:34 PM
Author: PinkAsscher678

Date: 1/17/2010 11:43:42 PM
Author: iluvcarats
8.gif

I mean, that''s understandable in a way. But the times they are a-changing. It''s a smart move business wise for these brands to cater to more financial demographics. I know a lot of high end labels are really struggling right now. Vera Wang''s line was discontinued (I think?) and if the economy ever gets back to normal these ''budget'' lines will probably taper off.
I agree. Yes, I do think it "cheapens" the brand somewhat, but unfortunately, it''s a sign of the times.

If these brands don''t do what they need to in order to be able to survive, they won''t be around to create the higher-end products we all love as well.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
14.gif
That doesn`t make me like the brand much. I guess I am a snob.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results