shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for geckodani

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dani, I was wondering if you ever got to see this Diana setting in person. I''ve called around to all of the large or famous jewelry stores on Long Island and no one has it. Finally I called the Diana company (they''re in lower Manhattan) and they told me that no one has an actual sample (DUH), but if I go to a jewelry store, they can requistion a sample to be made in sterling. I''m just trying to figure out if all this is worth it ? or if I should just go with the Stuller Solstice for a temporary setting for my round diamond.

If you did see this Diana setting, did that center seam under the middle prong bug you? That seam is bothering me and I''m wondering if they can buff it out.

Diana-31-N149 Palladium Solitaire.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
gemgirl, I''m not dani, but I just wanted to say that that setting is lovely. I would have the seam buffed out though.

The solstice is gorgeous too, so I don''t think I''m much help...either would be a great temp. setting...what''s the ultimate final setting?

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Bella, yes that center seam is kind of a bug-a-boo for me. My eyes go right to it. Looking at all of the other Diana mountings and how nicely they''re made, I''m kind of surprised that they''d manufacture something with an obvious seam in it. I''ll probably end up with the Stuller temporarily. That''s easy enough to order through GOG. I''ve never worn a solitaire and I''d like to know what it feels like. The solitaire will be worn with either my eternity band (which I hardly ever wear) or a the fishtail pave'' band to alternate.

The ultimate setting will be either one of two things. I still haven''t decided yet. It really all depends on if my husband allows me to reset my real e-ring ring, my pear. He''s gotten suddenly sentimental about the old yellow gold channel setting. If I had my way, I''d put a halo around my pear and set the round in a custom version of fishtail pave'' that doesn''t seem to have been done before
11.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bumping in the hopes that dani will see this.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Hi gemgirl! I did see it in person, and wasn''t at all impressed. The head sits really high in real life. The seam under the middle prong is rather noticeable as well. I don''t know what size stone you''re thinking of, but I felt like the band was too thick for my .75 as well. The setting didn''t really look much like the photo, to be honest! I''d go with the Stuller if that''s your other thought.
1.gif

P.S. Sorry it took me so long to see this! I''ve been popping in at more random intervals lately.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/14/2010 10:30:02 AM
Author: geckodani
Hi gemgirl! I did see it in person, and wasn''t at all impressed. The head sits really high in real life. The seam under the middle prong is rather noticeable as well. I don''t know what size stone you''re thinking of, but I felt like the band was too thick for my .75 as well. The setting didn''t really look much like the photo, to be honest! I''d go with the Stuller if that''s your other thought.
1.gif

P.S. Sorry it took me so long to see this! I''ve been popping in at more random intervals lately.
Hey dani!
35.gif
Thanks for your opinion of this mounting. I had a feeling that the center seam was going to be noticable. I can''t imagine why they left it that way when they could have easily buffed it out, but I''m leaning towards something more simple anyway. I agree that the band does look bulky and I''m not fond of bands that get wider towards the head, and that''s the way it looks to me. It always pays to ask a fellow PSer for their experienced opinion!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly, you ladies have to stop torturing me with gorgeous solitaires!

*thunk*

Fainted again!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/14/2010 12:04:56 PM
Author: Bliss

*thunk*

Fainted again!
I''m hoping I like wearing a solitaire, at least for a while. I''ve always been a side stone girl, but this will be a good way to find out!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2010 1:00:57 PM
Author: gemgirl

Date: 1/14/2010 12:04:56 PM
Author: Bliss

*thunk*

Fainted again!
I''m hoping I like wearing a solitaire, at least for a while. I''ve always been a side stone girl, but this will be a good way to find out!
I think you''ll like it! I love my solitaire!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results