shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone saving for something special?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

Just wanted to know if anyone was saving for a special/big purchase for the upcoming year? Doesn't have to be jewelry or even fun-stuff related!

I'm (trying) to save up for a couple of plane tickets to Europe to visit BF's family. Not such big purchases, but still represent a good chunk of change for me! I'm also trying to save up for my not-so upcoming wedding (no proposal yet, but would like to get a headstart on saving since we'll most likely be paying for the majority of it ourselves) or if that doesn't happen, just save the money in general!
22.gif

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
A wedding and a house. OUCH! It''ll get done (thank goodness for good jobs...) but still....bye bye, savings account!

vetrogrl

Rough_Rock
Hi...ill be saving for my fiance''s wedding gift...his dream rolex watch...he has done so much for me by getting me my dream ring and paying for my master''s degree this fall...this is the least I could do for him...must have self control on not buying too much stuff for myself :)

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Our honeymoon!!!
36.gif

As of today, A and I have started putting away funds for our honeymoon. Regardless of whether we''re "officially" engaged or not, we know we want to marry eachother, and we know we want an awesome honeymoon, so we decided to start saving now!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
A re-set for my ering. Long story...

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 7:45:30 PM
Author: laughwithme
A wedding and a house. OUCH! It''ll get done (thank goodness for good jobs...) but still....bye bye, savings account!

x2 with you laughwithme! my fiance is so sweet, he wants to buy me a house, and we also have to save for our wedding, and honeymoon. and i have to figure out loans for school.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Alas we''re on a ''working holiday'', so savings arent big right now...

But a month long trip, a trip back to australia and a week in Mexico or some such are all my top priorities for this year.

And if humanly possible im aiming for a cartier trinity ring when we go to vegas in march...oh and there''s a puffy jacket that i have my eye on
11.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Wedding, and all things wedding related. I only have 5 months to save since final payments are due in June (gasp, when I type that, it scares the s**t outta me lol!!!!)
40.gif
40.gif
32.gif
32.gif

perfect10

Rough_Rock
Saving for all the weddings we are attending this summer all over the country. And also our own future wedding!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to be building my own personal savings, working towards building some savings towards wedding in the future, and we''re HOPING to be able to get the stone by the end of the year.

ALSO have to save tuition for a 3rd attempt for a class.

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
I''m not saving up for anything, although my BF is saving up for my ering.
31.gif

Kitcha - Where is your BF''s family from? I''ve visited Europe several times and loved it!

ChocolateLover

Rough_Rock
We''re saving for major house renovations and a wedding right now! Not to mention I''m also saving for a engagement present for my BF (only seems fair). It''ll most likely be one of those big tool boxes.

We''ll probably have to go into a little debt for the wedding, because most of our money is going to the house...

I''m actually finding life financially stressful right now, especially just after buying a house, going on vacation and Christmas.

Phew, better get back to work

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
I''m *trying* to save up for a trip to St. Louis for a weekend with my SO. We are both huge fans of the St. Louis Cardinals and have been wanting to take a trip together for a while now. So, we both are trying to save up money to take that trip and see a few Cardinals games while we are there.

Also, I would really like to buy SO an engagement gift, since he is saving up for my ring. I''ve thought about getting him an ATV or a Mac computer. He would really love either of those. But, every time I mention getting him an engagement gift he tells me he doesn''t need one. So, I haven''t fully decided if I am going to get it or not.

Other than that, I also want to save up for a down payment on a house. But, SO and I will probably wait a few years after I have a full time career job to get a house.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''re saving for a future hawklet.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
A house! Then a trip to London next summer.
36.gif

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Definitely a wedding! We''ve set our date for early August. Actually I have enough saved for our wedding already, but I want to have as much in my savings account after the wedding as I do now. I''m only a couple days into the planning, and already I can see the expenses will add up really fast! And we''re not even having that big of a wedding. I will be moving into my future husband''s house after we get married, and he is spending a lot of money on updating the house and he just bought me a ring, so we are both in major saving mode right now.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results