color
clarity

Perfume...

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/3/2010 9:15:19 AM
Author: Dani
I almost exclusively wear Jo Malone. Love her Pomegranate and Orange Blossom scents. I think Im due for a new one soon though!!
2.gif
Dani, I looooove Jo Malone! I ordered a sampler of her colognes about a year or so ago. (I think Skippy got one too.) I''m addicted to most of them! LOL!
9.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
My personal favorite scent is fig. I love any and everything fig scented, and I wore Fresh''s Fig Apricot for years, and still do occasionally. If I were to have a signature scent, that would be it.

However . . .

Perhaps you ladies can help me out. DH has been searching for a scent he smelled on a passerby once several years ago, and we just cannot find it.

The closest thing we''ve found is Hanae Mori''s Butterfly, which I quite like, so I now wear that since it is closest to the scent that DH has been seeking out. He went crazy for this scent, and he said he''s since spied it on some other women, so it can''t be that obscure.

Is anyone familiar with Hanae Mori''s Butterfly, and if so, have any ideas about other scents that are similar?

Thank you!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/3/2010 3:42:29 PM
Author: Haven
My personal favorite scent is fig. I love any and everything fig scented, and I wore Fresh's Fig Apricot for years, and still do occasionally. If I were to have a signature scent, that would be it.

However . . .

Perhaps you ladies can help me out. DH has been searching for a scent he smelled on a passerby once several years ago, and we just cannot find it.

The closest thing we've found is Hanae Mori's Butterfly, which I quite like, so I now wear that since it is closest to the scent that DH has been seeking out. He went crazy for this scent, and he said he's since spied it on some other women, so it can't be that obscure.

Is anyone familiar with Hanae Mori's Butterfly, and if so, have any ideas about other scents that are similar?

Thank you!
Hi Haven,

I have investigated and apparently these perfumes smell similar to HM Butterfly, so its possible it could be one of these, when you are in a Sephora try these out to see if any match the original your Husband likes.

Chopard Casmir
L de Lempicka
Hypnotic Poison by Christian Dior
Chanel Allure
( I have a suspicion it might be this one, it is quite strong and a very popular fragrance which leaves a scented trail behind the wearer)
Pink Sugar
Christian Dior Addict
Angel by Thierry Mugler
Shalimar by Guerlain

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2010 9:15:19 AM
Author: Dani
I almost exclusively wear Jo Malone. Love her Pomegranate and Orange Blossom scents. I think Im due for a new one soon though!!
2.gif
I love hers too. Gifted the Nectarine Blossom & Honey in an xmas gift exchange -- I hope it was a neutral enough scent. Was expecting to like the new scents more than I did though. I have Tuberose and Grapefruit scents currently & didn''t feel compelled to try anything new myself right now.

Heidi137

Shiny_Rock
Haven,
Definitely try the Chanel Allure. I have the EDT version and my husband loves it. He rarely comments about any of my other fragrances.

E B

Ideal_Rock
A good friend of mine bought me some Jo Malone body cream, and it smells divine. Nectarine Blossom.

I tried on Chanel Chance yesterday and LOVED it. Why do I have to love such expensive scents?
15.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/4/2010 2:37:58 PM
Author: EBree
A good friend of mine bought me some Jo Malone body cream, and it smells divine. Nectarine Blossom.

I tried on Chanel Chance yesterday and LOVED it. Why do I have to love such expensive scents?
15.gif
I feel your pain Ebree!
3.gif
39.gif

Just a spot of enabling here
11.gif
, but Chance is very strong and long lasting so you would only need a tiny drop, making it quite economical!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Got testers for the new set (5) fragrances from D & G. Nice but "gone" in a second! Glad I tried before investing!

cheers--Sharon

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Haven, I rarely read over this thread, but I had to respond - I LOVE the scent of Fig!! I like to wear Demeter Fig Leaf in the summer, because summer is really the only time I think a person can get away with a 1-note perfume. Unfortunately, I haven''t worn it in forever, because a few years ago I had a fig-scented bathroom spray in my apt. DH had never smelled fig prior to that, so now he associates the smell of fig with the toilet or a litter box, and he thinks it''s icky to smell on me (can''t blame him, of course). Major bummer in my book.

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
One of the richest and freshest figs I've tried so far is the Nicolai frag. Fig Tea

On the subject of the Butterfly mystery -- if the elusive scent is sweet (almond base) and extremely gourmand (foody), there's a good chance it's the original form of Aquolina's Pink Sugar, and that is Serge Luten's Rahat Loukoum. Hope that helps
1.gif

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
My samples of Bond No 9 arrived today. I''m wearing the Scent of Peace today and so far think its yummy! Only had it on 10 minutes, so will need to wear for the rest of the day before making up my mind officially.

I also have West Side and Bryant Park to test. I couldn''t get Chelsea Flowers of Chinatown though. Will keep my eyes peeled for those.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/6/2010 3:58:09 AM
Author: sunseeker101
One of the richest and freshest figs I''ve tried so far is the Nicolai frag. Fig Tea

On the subject of the Butterfly mystery -- if the elusive scent is sweet (almond base) and extremely gourmand (foody), there''s a good chance it''s the original form of Aquolina''s Pink Sugar, and that is Serge Luten''s Rahat Loukoum. Hope that helps
1.gif
HI:

I believe that Pacifica also has a fragrance line in addition to candles--and their Med Fig is my fav!!!

cheers--Sharon

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
OK- So Bond No 9 ratings so far

West Side- not me at all. Too sweet and heavy. Like a milder version of Angel, which is my least favourite smell, ever.
Bryant Park- Fresh, easy wearing, nice, pretty everyday scent.
Scent of Peace- Awesome. Special thanks to Littlelysser for starting off this thread about it. I think it might be my new perfume! I am going to wear it a couple more days before taking the plunge. It was fresh but without that annoying teenage "super fresh" smell that all perfumes smell of these days.

I also have a sample of Chinatown in the post, however can''t track down a sample of Chelsea Flowers anywhere.

Darn you, PS''ers and your expensive perfume enabling!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My skin does funny things to perfumes!

My mum can wear anything - flowers, citrus, woody, whatever, it just mellows out beautifully and stays that way. I, on the other hand, make flowery scents smell like rubbing alcohol, and citrus just disappears entirely after an hour or so. I've given up.

On the rare occasions scented body wash won't suffice I use Ysatis - the musk seems to help. I like Burberry London a lot, but I have no idea if it suits me - I spritz it on the bedsheets
1.gif

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Bloomin'' typical!!! I was walking through Harvey Nichols and saw the Bond No 9 was half price. Turns out they are discontinuing it and had sold out of Scent of Peace. I have called up the London store, and they too are discontinuing all the Bond No 9 and had no Scent of Peace left.

So now I am in love with a perfume that I can''t get in the UK. And to make it even worse, if I had checked a couple of weeks earlier, I could have got it half price!

Christiana

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone
1.gif
Happy New Year to all of you!!

Haven, I love fig-scented beauty products, too. If you can find a Korres shop where you live, I would recommend his line based on fig. These are natural products (no mineral oil etc.) from Greece. I love his body lotions and body scrubs.

I finally bought "Fragile" by JPG and I was glad to find out that it''s based on tuberose. It''s devine
21.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 12:53:06 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Got testers for the new set (5) fragrances from D & G. Nice but ''gone'' in a second! Glad I tried before investing!

cheers--Sharon

I found the same thing! I still like the one I got (L''Imperatrice) but it really doesn''t last. Good thing the bottle is so big!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I''ve got two favorites that I''ve been really into for the past couple of years. The first is:

Prada Infusion d''Iris (smells like iris, orange blossoms, woody) - I love it because it''s light and fresh - I''m usually very casually dressed so this is perfect for every day.

Stella (smells like rose & amber) - I kind of liked this one when I got it as a sample but my husband LOVES IT. So, this is our "date night" perfume.

I used to wear spicer, oriental or floral oriental scents (like Opium) when I was working and single, but DH doesn''t like them as much, and I wasn''t able to tolerate them anymore when I became pregnant with my first son. Now I like softer, more powdery fragrances, like Chanel No. 5 - that''s about as strong as I''ll go.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/11/2010 4:10:52 PM
Author: vespergirl
I''ve got two favorites that I''ve been really into for the past couple of years. The first is:

Prada Infusion d''Iris (smells like iris, orange blossoms, woody) - I love it because it''s light and fresh - I''m usually very casually dressed so this is perfect for every day.

Stella (smells like rose & amber) - I kind of liked this one when I got it as a sample but my husband LOVES IT. So, this is our ''date night'' perfume.

I used to wear spicer, oriental or floral oriental scents (like Opium) when I was working and single, but DH doesn''t like them as much, and I wasn''t able to tolerate them anymore when I became pregnant with my first son. Now I like softer, more powdery fragrances, like Chanel No. 5 - that''s about as strong as I''ll go.
HI:

I should retry the Stella since I am on an amber kick. I am trying to evaluate if the Amber and YlangYlang from EL Private Collection has enough staying power to invest in it. So far it is better than the prada amber....

cheers--Sharon

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2010 5:03:08 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 1/11/2010 4:10:52 PM
Author: vespergirl

Stella (smells like rose & amber) - I kind of liked this one when I got it as a sample but my husband LOVES IT. So, this is our ''date night'' perfume.

HI:

I should retry the Stella since I am on an amber kick. I am trying to evaluate if the Amber and YlangYlang from EL Private Collection has enough staying power to invest in it. So far it is better than the prada amber....

cheers--Sharon
Sharon, I think that you''ll definitely like the Stella. When you first spritz it on, it smells mostly like roses, but after a few minutes, it dries down to a mellow amber. It''s very pretty.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei--Thank you so much for taking the time to post that information. I''m going to take DH shopping with your list very soon. I''ll let you know how it turns out!

Heidi--Okay, so now it really sounds like Chanel Allure might be the one. It''s nice to have your husband like your fragrance, isn''t it?

El--Oh no! I''d be seriously bummed too if my DH associated my favorite scent with the loo. I''m going to try your recommendation, and a room spray? I''m so excited. I have fig scented oil jars with those reeds sticking out of them all over the house, but I''d love a spray. It''s funny that we can add scent preferences to our long list of similarities. :)

sunseeker, canuk-gal, and Christiana--Thank you for the fig recommendations, I''m excited to check them out!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I tried Tierry Mugler''s Angel today--it''s gorgeous.
1 know what I am going to ask for for my birthday!!!
28.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/11/2010 6:33:54 PM
Author: Haven
Lorelei--Thank you so much for taking the time to post that information. I''m going to take DH shopping with your list very soon. I''ll let you know how it turns out!

Heidi--Okay, so now it really sounds like Chanel Allure might be the one. It''s nice to have your husband like your fragrance, isn''t it?

El--Oh no! I''d be seriously bummed too if my DH associated my favorite scent with the loo. I''m going to try your recommendation, and a room spray? I''m so excited. I have fig scented oil jars with those reeds sticking out of them all over the house, but I''d love a spray. It''s funny that we can add scent preferences to our long list of similarities. :)

sunseeker, canuk-gal, and Christiana--Thank you for the fig recommendations, I''m excited to check them out!
Haven, you are most welcome and I will be really interested to see what happens - I do have more than a sneaking suspicion that the mystery scent is in fact Chanel Allure, let us know what happens and if no luck we will look again!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/14/2010 4:16:40 PM
Author: Amber St. Clare
I tried Tierry Mugler''s Angel today--it''s gorgeous.
1 know what I am going to ask for for my birthday!!!
28.gif
I love Angel Amber, very nice choice!! I have a bottle of it and I crave it on occasion, there really is nothing else like it.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''m still wearing a lot of TB and I picked up Bath And Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar (I know I know...) b/c it makes me feel WARM lol. I''m so COLD here in Fl. I''m going hunting tonight or tomorrow to see what I can find that I like for the cold.... we shall see!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''ve just arrived home and am re- trying French Can Can... I really do need this perfume. It makes me feel like a girl.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I wear the original Vera Wang for anything dressy or important and for most of the winter. In the summer I wear L''occitane green tea or white tea. Alternately, I just use Origins ginger lotion
2.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

The gal at the Dior counter today was testing a color on me and I smelled something wonderful she was wearing---it was the new (and only) Smashbox fragrance they''ve just launched. It is in a rollerball dipenser and oil too I think and I could smell gardenia...amongst other stuff. It actually has stying power! and I think I mightget some. Not expensive at all....

cheers--Sharon

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I spent all weekend hunting perfumes at the mall. I am looking for THAT scent. The one I can wear every day and have everyone recognize me by my scent (That''s her scent). Here are some I have liked, but am on the fence (I am going to orders samples of some... I still have a long ways to go though)

Elizabeth Arden - Pretty - I got to try this on, only on my wrists. It''s very subtle. I like it though
Juicy Couture - The original one, I''m wearing this today. It has lasted all day, and smells very nice.. currently loving it. I am also though wearing a new hoodie made by Hollister, and they douse their shirts in one of their perfumes (which I LOVE but I can''t seem to figure out WHICH it is)and it''s all I''m really smelling unless I stick my wrist in my nose
Estee Lauder - Pure White Linen Pink Coral - I really like this in bottle. I didn''t get to try it on b/c both days I was already wearing something. They don''t have samples!!! So I''m going to order off TPC soon. Also Youth Dew which is very nice. The thing about that one is SO''s grandmother used to wear it. So it reminds his mother of her. I can''t decide if that is a good thing or not. I wouldn''t want to offend her?
Shania by Stetson - this is distinctly feminine, and wears well on me. I liked it, but they didn''t have a full size bottle in, and SO didn''t get to smell it to see if he liked it.
Versace Signature - I love this, and am highly debating this as being IT, I have several samples I ordered off of ebay and enjoy wearing it every time I do.

I sniffed a great many things, including a Bvlgari, Lolita Lampicka''s scents, the other Versaces, all of Dolce and Gabbana, Most of Estee Lauder, Glow by JLo, Ed Hardy, Juicy Couture''s scents, The Clean line, Vera Wang''s Princess line, Pink Sugar (what do you guys SEE in this???), Marc Jacobs lines, and the Sarah Jessica Parker.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dragon I wish you luck with that! I am always searching for " The One" but I don't think I will ever find it....Teint de Neige and Tabac Blond are my 2 main faves but there are so many others....
emembarrassed.gif

I am really jonesing for the fragrance below, Rose Praline by Parfums de Rosine. Apparently its a rose scent laced with cocoa.

rosepraline.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results