shape
carat
color
clarity

Can Someone Help me with my Princess Cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

art00005

Rough_Rock
I bought a Princess cut with the following specs:
1.08ct
VS1, F,
5.87 x 5.68 x 3.95
G/G, M-S.THK., EGL,
Depth 69.6, Table 77.3, Crown 7.2, Pavillion 46.0,

I thought I did Ok, now I am a little scared. I paid $5000 for the diamond. Can someone re-assure me or let me know where I can improve. I can get my money back or exchange for a different piece.
Thanks,
Art

confused.gif

Rob79

Rough_Rock
Looks like a nice stone, The depth is nice, the girdle is in good shape, the crown is a little shallow and I beleive that is because the table is a little big. I am by no means an expert, if the stone looks nice and sparkly/firery to you, and you love it, that is all I think that matters, as long as she loves it too
2.gif

art00005

Rough_Rock
Rob, thanks for the info...would you suggest a table under 75% and that would help with the crown? what do you think about the price? Thanks again

Rob79

Rough_Rock
For $5000 I can find other stones on pricescope that have better numbers if you go by chart alone. I will list a few. But I would say if you love the diamond you are looking at with your eyes, then why continue looking, if you think it is nice but does not feel like the right stone to you, then keep looking. I know the stones I posted below are a bit smaller carat wise, but look at demensions, the depth is less so it makes the spread bigger. Again no expert here but I just finished with my ring, it is posted in the show me the ring section, called My princess cut 3 stone ring. Take a look, I would like as many comments on it as possible. When the EXPERTS started posting about the diamonds I was looking at thye said you usually want a table less then depth but that rules out a lot of diamonds. Mine is a 69 depth 72 table. so I did not follow the rule exactly but like you said generally you would want a table under or equal to 75. Also your cert is a EGL cert and they are known to sometimes be more leanient then GIA like the stones I listed and because you are at F for color it may be more of a G or H. Lots of stuff to think about, it started to drive me crazy, good luck and hopefully some experts will come in here and start giving you some advice
2.gif

F
VVS1
64.8%
68%
GIA
thn-med
no
gd
vg
no
5.92-5.85-3.79
$4808
$4904

F
VS1
66.9%
69%
GIA
m-tk
no
vg
gd
no
5.61x5.61x3.75
$4971
$5071SP

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results