shape
carat
color
clarity

A post in support of the Brick and Mortar shoppers..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

limey

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 4/16/2004 9:45:37 AM joeaboveaverage wrote:

Actually Andr3wpd - I thought I was pretty careful not to criticize the internet purchaser, but to point out the postives of making a purchase with someone like HW and the rationale that a sane and intelligent person might have to not follow your opinions.

---------------

No you were not at all careful, but then how would I know since per your last post I am insane and unintelligent.

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results - Winston Churchill

joeaboveaverage

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 4/16/2004 3:22:03 PM andr3wpd wrote:

----------------
On 4/16/2004 9:45:37 AM joeaboveaverage wrote:

Actually Andr3wpd - I thought I was pretty careful not to criticize the internet purchaser, but to point out the postives of making a purchase with someone like HW and the rationale that a sane and intelligent person might have to not follow your opinions.

---------------

No you were not at all careful, but then how would I know since per your last post I am insane and unintelligent.

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results - Winston Churchill
----------------

Re-read the tone of both your previous responses to me. You may differ with my opinion, but I don't think it warrants making it personal. That 'sane and intelligent' comment was not directed at you, and it is a twist on words to suggest it was. This is one of the problems with the internet, is people don't always understand how they come across, including me.. but c'mon, we're having a discussion here, not a battle. Lighten it up a little.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 4/16/2004 2:58:56 PM Bridget wrote:

Umm, it isn't a matter of opinion, it is the fact that you are protected when you use a credit card and not use cash.

Umm..........who said it wasn't a fact? It seems in reading back that the contention to your statement was the implication that the security offered by the credit card is somehow more important in the internet climate than it is in the real world. It's important in ALL instances.

I wasn't the one that said there is a mark up when using a credit card, another poster said you pay 2-3% MORE for using a credit card, which is IN FACT out of compliance and the merchant will be fined/terminated from accepting credit cards. Having a DISCOUNT is NOT. So you see, big difference between discounting a customer to use a bank draft and charging them MORE for a credit card.

Yes, and my point was the poster said he "paid more"....(which he did by not getting a discount.) He never said he was "charged" more.....you drew that inference from his comment on paying more. There is a different between paying more and being charged more, Bridget.

I know many vendors online accept credit cards, hell I wouldn't have a job if they didn't, but not all do!!!

Right, but there's a big difference between "some don't" and "most don't".

----------------

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
No more whining and snipping people...NO MORE!

And Joe, no more posts without pictures? Where's that ring you bought? We have the right to drool over your eyecandy, as soon as you mentioned it.

Okay... I feel beter now...

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 4/16/2004 4:50:07 PM Nicrez wrote:

No more whining and snipping people...NO MORE!

----------------

The quote feature is here to help make it more evident what their comments respond to......and it's perfectly appropriate for people to use it if they wish.

9.gif

We also respect your right not to use it.
9.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 4/16/2004 12:22:36 PM Rank Amateur wrote:

I'm with the Cap't in that your comparo breaks down if extended beyond a few high end stores. Just because Graeters makes great ice cream doesn't make every store bought gallon a treat. I've have some really crappy ice cream from other B&M stores, but they always treat me right at Graeters!----------------

Ahh....a reason to visit Cincinatti again! They really have mail order?

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 4/16/2004 2:04:11 PM Bridget wrote:

N&I,

Did you read that I wrote this happens with any dealer whether a dot com or a store front? I was just pointing out a PLUS for the B&M b/c most large ticket items on the net are bank drafts only and MOST consumers don't like that.----------------

We heard you loud and clear Bridget, we're just being redundant in stating that the same risk is evident with a .com or a B&M because sometimes people miss the obvious and will take your observation as "oh no, I should never buy anything off of the internet because they're all crooks" when in fact that is not true... So we overstate the obvious... We happen to be one of the merchants that does accept credit cards for our diamonds... We also offer a discount of approximately 3.5% for people who would prefer to save a little money and pay with a wire transfer. We've been in business since 1979, have high marks with all of the independent rating services which enable customers to post comments, the BBB and the JVC.

Let's talk about the concept of Interstate Wire Fraud for a moment Bridgette... So as we understand it, let's say somebody buys a diamond from an on-line dealer and pays for the diamond via wire transfer and the dealer elects not to ship the diamond and skips with the money, or as you've pointed out, gets arrested and all of their merchandise is siezed by the Feds for Reason X Y or Z... At least the dealer faces some real jail time IF he's apprehended for the crime of interstate wire fraud... Not true if the transaction was paid for with a credit card - which are not fool proof by the way, safer than a wire transfer in terms of the chance of getting back your money, but not 100% fool proof - nothing is.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results