shape
carat
color
clarity

Do hyper kids in the womb equal hyper kids outside?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 2:48:21 PM
Author: lover in athens
Date: 12/28/2009 10:57:06 PM

Author: Mara

LIA...i have heard from parents that if your first one is great then stop there!! hahaha.

oops!!
23.gif

(all of 5 weeks today, and not really ready to come out yet on any of the preggo threads). if anyone knows me on fb, PLEASE don''t say anything!!

Oh wow.....congrats!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Mara--
Your DS sounds alot like how my DD was in utero -- constantly moving and wriggling.
Like you, I didn''t have to worry about kick count.
Actually, she moved so much that I would worry if I don''t feel her move within half an hour.
I really don''t know how active she is compared to other babies since I don''t have the chance to experience another fetal movement 24/7.
But I can tell you that she was really active and strong....so much so that she can actually pushed me away from the counter when I was washing the dishes.
Sorry to tell you though that she''s the same in utero and out.
The toddler moms can vouch for me that I have a non-napper.
She was only getting 10 hr of sleep at night w/ 1 or 2 naps of half an hour each during the day as an infant.
She''s always on the move and climbing up high.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
JT was like a jack rabbit in the womb. I started feeling him moving at 13 weeks and it was all day long! Around 32 weeks, he wasn''t moving nearly as much but he was also a giant and had very little room. JT is almost 4 and is a very mellow, laid back, observant kid.

My sis''s little boy hardly moved in the womb and he is a crazed maniac at nearly 3 yrs old.

For us at least, it was complete opposite personalities once outside the womb.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not necessarily for activity but strength, was true for my two kids but maybe not necessarily true in general.
First pregnancy was pretty laid back. Main thing was baby in womb slept during the day, and only woke up at night. Her movements were more flutterly than anything, nothing too strong. After she was born her day/night schedule was flipped for first 4 months, but in general she was both a laid back baby and child.
Second baby listening to heartbeat my ob guessed it might be a boy. Ultrasound said a girl. But I could feel her move sooner than the first and sometimes with strong kicks whoah! so I joked with my husband maybe the ultrasound was wrong, maybe it''s a boy after all because of the way it felt. Nope, she just grew into a girl who is strong (and very determined) for her size.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol LIA congrats..!!
3.gif

re: strong and active, that would be great, i would love it if he was strong and active. i just know that i was really hyper active and my mom really had to work to channel my energy into positive arenas. she said i was not particularly crazy in the womb, but i think i was way more energetic outside.

lili, yeah i havent done any kick counts, actually the other day i 'estimated' how much i feel him. i would say that if the kick count chart said 'you should feel him 10 times in 60 minutes', that is about 2 minutes out of 60. so about 48 minutes out of 24 hours, or round it to one hour every 24 hours. i feel this kid like at least 3-4 hours a day. i feel 10 kicks in 10 seconds most of the time. crazy.

i will say one thing, he's stubborn and persistent haha. when he tries to get up all on the right side and greg talks to him, he goes back 'inside' and the belly gets softer all over. but then within 5 minutes he is right back in his fave position. he's like 'screw you dad, i do what i want!' hahaha.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Congrats LIA!!!

kelley1975

Shiny_Rock
Well Mara,

My ODD was very quiet in the womb, and not she is like a tornado...nothing is left standing in her path! My newest DS (5 1/2 months) was a maniac in my belly--I swear he never slept, and by maniac I mean crazy movement for hours on end--I thought he was trying to bust his way out on his own! He is now the most mellow baby....I hope it sticks!

Good luck with your newly upcoming addition!

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
Though my son weighed eight and one half pounds he managed to stay transverse almost until delivery. I could see his arms and legs flailing like a couple of kids rough housing under a blanket. He actually was able to spread my ribs apart.I got very little rest let alone sleep. Fortunately laying on the floor with my legs raised made him turn in the right direction and he was too big to turn back.

He was an extremely active infant. There was no way I could leave him on a bed when we went visiting as my SILs did with their kids. And oh how I envied the moms whose kids slept peacefully in their strollers. Mine was like Houdini and I had to resort to a "harness and leash" that got me many disapproving stares at the mall. I have videos of him from when he was two that look like they have been speeded up.
But around school age he settled down and today he is grown and one of the most laid back people you would want to meet.Though he does have his RPG obsessions he is more cerebral than physical.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I wish!

Daisy was pretty laid back in utero, slept most of the day and then woke up in the evening.

On the outside she is the child who never sleeps during the day - Christmas day she went from 8.30am till 11pm without a snooze and was still happy and smiling, unlike moi who was knackered!

She''s 7 months and can cruise around furniture pretty well and is trying hard to walk - with bruises to prove it. Both DH and I were early walkers so that may have something to do with it, but I was hoping she''d be slower as I now have a demanding child who is constantly into everything and one you can''t put down anywhere without watching every second.
14.gif

The hiccups have remained though!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
so mara,

i was wondering if hyper in womb equals hyper outside womb for you?
5.gif
or is it too soon to tell?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2010 3:58:31 PM
Author: jcrow
so mara,

i was wondering if hyper in womb equals hyper outside womb for you?
5.gif
or is it too soon to tell?
lol jcrow, i think it''s too soon to tell. right now the kid sleeps most of the day and night away, but we are just waiting for the 2 week growth spurt to commence where he turns demonic. we shall see.

BUT he is a mover and shaker and flailer with the arms and legs and he moves as much outside as he did inside, even from day one. so we think he will be very active and strong...and he already is lifting his head and using his arms to hold himself up off our bodies at 1.5 weeks. when he popped out and they put him on me, he lifted his head!

oh and hiccups, he still gets them about 2-3x a day! the LC said that means he is full but i don''t know if that is all it means for him since he gets them sooo frequently. poor thing, he doesn''t do anything at all to show if it bothers him but it shakes his entire little body!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks for the update! i''ve been curious about it since he was born. probably since i feel like i have such a mover + shaker inside too.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
My first was pretty mellow in utero but quite the busy body/spirited child on the outside. My 2nd was beyond mellow to the point of me having to poke her to get her to move. Her hands and feet constantly moved after she was born, she started walking at 10 months and is quite active now but a real sweetheart in terms of personality. It's interesting to hear the differences in everyone. I guess there really is no correlation!

eta: Hi lili!!!
35.gif
Where have you been?!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
My son was calm in utero, and is in general still very calm at almost 16.

And, better late than never......
9.gif
Congratulations Mara and Greg, on the safe and healthy arrival of your new son!!!
36.gif
emhot.gif
35.gif

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 8:45:10 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
T was really calm too. I used to freak out b/c I felt like she wasn''t kicking enough and she is CRAZY. She is a very busy girl who loves getting into trouble. The only correlation I figured out was she got hiccups ALL the time in my womb and she still does.
I always felt the hiccups in my womb and DD still gets the hiccups alot (sometimes several times in one day.)

DD was also breech (bottom first) and to this day she can still put her legs behind her head.lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results