shape
carat
color
clarity

Do hyper kids in the womb equal hyper kids outside?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
So anyone reading the preggo thread has seen me say many times that our little boy is VERY hyperactive in the womb. I didn't feel him much til about 22 weeks but now he is just getting crazy. Well let me rephrase, I think he has always been active but I just couldn't feel it before. In every US we have seen he was bouncing up and down.

He rarely seems to 'sleep' even though everything I read says he should be developing more solid patterns now...I think he does sleep for about 1/2 of when I sleep, but that seems almost it. During the day he moves all over all the time. My coworker who is due a week after me says her little girl hardly moves.

I asked my Dr what kind of correlation there was between activity in the womb and the nature of the child. She said that was a great Q, but had no idea!

Therefore, of course I think about it all the time now. Are we going to have a wild n'crazy little boy? Both Greg and I are pretty mellow now, but I was a very hyperactive child, and Greg was mellow and well behaved. Are my chickens coming home to roost?

Curious to hear from any PS Mom's who had an acrobat in their womb...how is your child now? Or was yours mellow in womb and mellow out. Obviously, I know this isn't scientific but just curious.

As I type this he is concurrently trying to wedge himself under my right rib AND has what feel like fingers poking me in the bladder which is extremely uncomfortable.
23.gif
Sometimes I doubt I'll make it 5 more weeks unless I am sedated.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
I have no idea really....but Evan was really laid back in the womb (even the elective u/s tech mentioned it---he was leaning back and just hanging out and even a sugary drink couldn''t get him to move) and he is definitely an easy baby. He''s content to just stare around the room and observe everything. He only cries when he is hungry----that''s pretty much it.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Oh goodness, I hope not! My doc couldn''t even get a read on his heartbeat today for a long time because he was so active! I don''t remember Andrew being so active in the womb and he is very laid back, and well behaved, so I will probably end up with a crazy man this time!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
so funny you started this thread! hubs and i were just discussing the same thing... that and wondering if the in womb sleep patterns are the same once they are born. in the womb, our seems to be a little night owl.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, if it helps, mine were pretty calm in the womb, and movers and shakers on the outside.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
T was really calm too. I used to freak out b/c I felt like she wasn''t kicking enough and she is CRAZY. She is a very busy girl who loves getting into trouble. The only correlation I figured out was she got hiccups ALL the time in my womb and she still does.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sure it differs for everyone but both my twins were pretty much the same inside as they are outside!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hyper in womb, not so crazy on the outside. Although toddlerhood is showing more of her attitude.

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
Sounds like the little one is running out of space lol, I may be crazy but environment may have something to do with activity, my printer drove my fraternal twins crazy. I honestly don't think movement maps kid's behavior.
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 8:53:36 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Hyper in womb, not so crazy on the outside. Although toddlerhood is showing more of her attitude.

Just you wait. I feel like your AV EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great Q. My son was pretty mellow in the womb but hyper as a baby. DD was very active in the womb, and mellow as a baby.....

I really don't think it's a true gage as to how they will be as a baby, toddler etc... But that's just my gut feeling...
2.gif

ETA: Now that they are all grown up.

DS was hyper, but much of that was due to asthma meds. At 19 he's not hyper at all.

DD not hyper but gets bored easily, she easy breezy.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 8:56:02 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 12/28/2009 8:53:36 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Just you wait. I feel like your AV EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
LOL, yeah, I know. We''re still reining her in, but it takes more out of me on the follow through. I just "practice" stuff more when it comes to boundaries around the house so it''s easier when we go out. Knock on wood...nearly 21 months old and she''s never thrown a tantrum when we''re out and about. She''s chucked a couple of fruities at home, but nothing that really wigged me out.

Tessa was always spirited. I think all toddlers can go a bit nuts, but some in nature are more bold than others. Amelia by nature is more cautious, which has its pros and cons.

I threw a christmas open house the other day and two boys were here. One was really going nuts and the other (younger) boy followed suit. I was floored by how nutso they were. But then again, I''m used to having a girl, and they are generally much less destructive than boys.

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
I remember reading a similar thread when I was preggo and I was so relieved that so many seemed to have the opposite personality once in the world...I did not get so lucky
9.gif
From your posts, your little guy sounds JUST like our son. I was so worried sometimes while preggo that I would tell my husband I was scared of what we created
3.gif
He never seemed to sleep and was just constantly pounding on my bladder (it hurt a lot towards the end). Even before I could feel his movements, the U/S would show him moving around like crazy!

Our son is only 7 months, but so far he is EXACTLY like he was in the womb. He literally DOES NOT SIT STILL!! My DH and I say everyday how much trouble we're in once he starts walking. So far, he's hit most milestones early (he started crawling at 5m1w) and now is an absolute madman and gets into everything....he's currently obsessed w/ dog bones
37.gif

Once we figured him out, he became a great sleeper, but the first 2 months were ROUGH!! He moved constantly while sleeping (that's why I thought he never slept in the womb). Hated being confined in anyway (hated being swaddled, hated his carseat and still would rather be crawling around then be held). Pretty early on we put him on his stomach to sleep and that helped a ton, he moved much less (not recommending this, it's just what worked for us).

The biggest benefit (from what I can tell so far) of his (developing) personality is that he seems to be independent. Like he'd rather "sing" to himself or just make sounds in the crib to fall asleep rather then be held/rocked. He almost never cries when he wakes up, he'll "play" in his crib for as long as it takes for us to get him (which at 5:30 am, could be 30 minutes
2.gif
) When we started solids he quickly began grabbing the spoon and putting it in his own mouth (i put the food on the spoon though). And he loves new people and places because he's nosey (ok...curious, but we like to call him nosey
9.gif
)

I 100% think though that he will be a handful as a toddler and that scares the crap out of me! But only time will tell.

And FWIW - my DH is mellow, and I am more "high-strung." I'm not crazy active though (but can't sit and watch TV for long at all), but I've always been fiercely independent (like almost to a fault) and still prefer to do my own thing rather than be "entertained" by people
9.gif

After having our son, I truly believe personalities are born.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Sophia was extremely lazy in the womb. Every time we saw her in an u/s, she was yawning and she hardly kicked. She had her moments but the norm was quiet and mellow.

She is the exact same way outside. Very mellow. She isn''t quiet, for some reason she prefers screaming to laughing. But she is very laid back. We have no problem taking her to restaurants, she is easily entertained and hardly ever cries. She''s also insanely lazy. She just stared rolling around (at 6 months) and with each roll she gets angry because of the effort it takes to get back to where she was
20.gif

As far as sleep goes, she slept a lot in the womb and those first few weeks she spent all of her time sleeping but just not enough hours in a row for me to get decent sleep lol

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
mara,
coby was OUT OF CONTROL in utero. we referred to him as "cagefighter" b/c he moved around ALL THE TIME. it''s funny...when he was born, he still was quite active, and i recognized the movements that he did outside the womb from what i felt when he was inside (if that makes any sense). BUT, that being said, he is the most easy going, laid back kid you could ever even imagine. busy, yes. and definitely turning into a real climber. but just so easy and a real pleasure...

my inlaws joke that coby is so easy, they are sure number two is going to come out carrying a pitchfork!!
11.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Not in my experience. Both my kids were crazy active in the womb. But I am short, and they were squished. My daughter walked late and hates any form of exercise.
20.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know, I''ve had 3 kids and all were about the same in the womb but were each different out of the womb. It''s funny b/c my middle daughter used to be the most docile laid back baby and she is my spirited kid now. I always thought she''d be quiet and shy...ha. My oldest was more high strung but I sometimes wonder if my inexperience and being a new mom lead to some of her anal personality traits
40.gif
Jake is very laid back and easy going but he''s got the wild boy adventure streak and he was fairly active in the womb and always seemed to be stretching b/c my belly would poke out in the places like I had some alien baby in there. It was fascinating to see him make some of the same movements once he was born though...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hunter was pretty low key in utero. He is a wild man outside though! We call him wiggle worm. But he is very easygoing.

I think you are reading tea leaves because you are hankering to meet your little man! It will be soon, and it will be enerything and nothing like you expect it to be! His personality will become apparent so early on, it is really quite amazing.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 10:03:13 PM
Author: lover in athens
mara,
coby was OUT OF CONTROL in utero. we referred to him as ''cagefighter'' b/c he moved around ALL THE TIME. it''s funny...when he was born, he still was quite active, and i recognized the movements that he did outside the womb from what i felt when he was inside (if that makes any sense). BUT, that being said, he is the most easy going, laid back kid you could ever even imagine. busy, yes. and definitely turning into a real climber. but just so easy and a real pleasure...

my inlaws joke that coby is so easy, they are sure number two is going to come out carrying a pitchfork!!
11.gif
Yeah, that''s kind of how Amelia is...very ACTIVE, but easy going. She rarely sits still when she''s up.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha those of you ladies who had little prize fighters in the womb...it is CRAZY how active they can be. i have a short torso so i think part of it IS space as i just hit 35 weeks, but again in every US we saw him even starting at like 12 wks he was bouncing up and down on the bottom! it just is so interesting because so many other expectant moms (i know a fair amt right now) say their kids are active but not like THIS...so many of them are appalled at how crazy my belly is when he is moving...and say things like 'you poor thing' hahaa.

i am happy that i typically don't ever have to worry about doing kick counts or anything, but on the other hand, wow. i mean even getting up to pee in the middle of the night 'activates' him for about 10 minutes. and i have read that their movements should be getting more diminished due to less space but his punches and kicks are still huge! and i really wonder doesn't he get TIRED? sometimes he moves around for 45 minutes straight!
6.gif

DD...you are prob right in that i am trying to predict something since i am anxious to have him out...but i do wonder about his 'habits'. i have heard that sleep patterns start in the womb, and i am thinking well he never seems to REALLY sleep, catnaps for 15 min maybe, so does this mean he will be a light sleeper? if he is flailing around all crazy in the womb will he hate being swaddled and fight to get out?

LIA...i have heard from parents that if your first one is great then stop there!! hahaha.

so i guess the consensus is...jury is out!! it sounds like he could totally go either way...i was pretty active but good natured, and greg was just mellow in general. the funny thing is that greg as an adult is really 'productive' and likes to be moving around a lot in general, we are joking he's just like his dad, can't REST at all and relax.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
My daughter was super active in the womb & is a hyper kid now.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
beyond hyper in the womb..kicks, jumping jacks, jabs and pokes..u name it, he did it...

out in the real world??

exactly the same and more
23.gif

sorry!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Hyper in, hyper out!

A used to have set times to be active in the womb and they corresponded with her more active times in the first few months after birth. Also, she got hiccups most days around 4pm, in and out.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol MM... mine gets hiccups 3-4x a day!! And sometimes they feel giant..it makes me wonder what part hiccups..their back? If so then I know exactly where he is.

Last nite he was nice and sedentary, except for parking himself on one side like a big 5lb lump.
3.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
some people say there''s a correlation, but not so much in my experience. I had a very mellow little one in the belly. No kicking, just hanging out quietly.

She kicks likes crazy now and after she was born and runs like mad everywheretoo. Never quiet either. But she''s not a difficult baby, and has an easy demeanor but I would not call her mellow at all.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or he could be an active sleeper! Hunter was, it is wh we moved him to his own room at 4 weeks instead of 6 months
20.gif
He was mostly noisy but that may have been because he was swaddled from day one.

TGal LIA Yes, active but mellow, that is my son! He smiles and is pleasant while be empties the trash cans, unrolls the toilet paper and dunks his hands into the toilet!
12.gif

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Kyle was very active in the womb, then mellow as an infant, but once he started crawling he turned into crazy active boy. Walking will be happening any day now, I''m not looking forward to it
14.gif

So Excited

Shiny_Rock
In my experience with my first child, YES, DEFINATELY!!!!

After I found out I was pregant (I was 24 weeks and found out because she kicked me) It was all over for the sleeping and calm belly from there!!!

She was an acrobat until I delivered!!! I didn''t gain alot of weight throughout my pregnancy (17 lbs) so there wasn''t very much "play room" in there for her without me feeling it so it was a CRAZY pregnancy..

NOW

SHES STILL A CRAZY RUN CRAZY GIRL!!! She is completely the opposite of mellow and doesn''t stop moving. She LOVES to Dance... (I used to have a long commute to and from work while I was prego and play the music a little to loud so I think she connects that and just LOVES music now!!)

Just my Experience. - GOOD LUCK!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
My experience with my first was that she was nuts inside and continued to be crazy outside and since this one is a crazy acrobat as well, I''m a little nervous!!
3.gif

With T, my students would have a hard time focusing while I was talking towards the end of my pregnancy because they''d all be watching my belly deform and wiggle. I never had to do kick counts, so that was nice! Anyway, when she came out she hated being swaddled, was the loudest and craziest sleeper and continued down that path and still is "spirited" at almost 2. At daycare they lovingly nicknamed her "Spaz." Enough said.
5.gif

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 10:57:06 PM
Author: Mara

LIA...i have heard from parents that if your first one is great then stop there!! hahaha.

oops!!
23.gif

(all of 5 weeks today, and not really ready to come out yet on any of the preggo threads). if anyone knows me on fb, PLEASE don''t say anything!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results