shape
carat
color
clarity

plots on >1/2carat

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

uclaure

Rough_Rock
I am looking to buy two princess cut diamonds to mount them on 14k white gold studs. I found two .34 E VS2 stones. My question is- Do princess cut diamonds, or any other cuts for that matter, have their inclusions plotted on GIA certs? The vendor I spoke to told me that this is the case for 90% of diamonds less than 1/2 carat. Is he b/sing me and should I stay clear?

uclaure

Rough_Rock
I'm sorry. He told me that the inclusions are not plotted on the gia certs.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
unfortunatly he isnt bsing you.
Nearly everyone has switched to the non-plotted certs on diamonds under .5ct to save money.
Honestly I think it sux because in most cases they dont pass the savings on.

Id require clarity photos or looking at them myself under a 10x scope before id buy them.
If enough people do this they will be forced to move back to the plotted certs.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wold not worry about the inclusions in a VS2. I would worry a bit about the cut of these guys though... with high color and clarity, I hope someone toog good care to make them sparkle too
1.gif

It is really an exception to find stones of this size with certs. But it happens more nd more with web sales and these are quite high class stones too !

uclaure

Rough_Rock
ok so what do you think about these two princesses

#1 #2

.34 E VS2 .34 E VS2
3.94x3.96x2.73 3.97x3.94x2.68
Depth 68.9 Depth 68
Table 69 Depth 68
Polish VG Polish VG
Sym VG Polish VG
Girdle thn-med Girdle thn-med

Both cost 411 and they are going to charge me 82 to mount them on 14k white gold studs for a total of 908. Does this seem like a good deal?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No... these are nice
1.gif
I was dreading some strage, unmatched cuts. But no.

Too bad there is no 'formula' ti turn the numbers about a princess cut into soe prediction of brilliance. However, there is no red falg about these two - just a very well matched, top quality pair of princess cuts.
And cheap ! I woudl have expected $200 more on each... very nice. Where are these from ?

uclaure

Rough_Rock
diamond.com

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks
1.gif

uclaure

Rough_Rock
Is $82 a reasonable price to have these stones mounted on 14k white gold studs? If it's too much, I can just order the loose stones and find someone to do it locally.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
While I have never bought ear rings it sounds reasonable to me.
The cheaper local places that have someone on staff to set diamonds charge $20 per diamond on ear rings.
So that would leave $42 for the settings localy.
$82 sounds like a good deal.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Most of the major appraisal organizations require members to plot clarity on diamonds 1 carat and larger. Finding reports with accurate clarity plots on smaller diamonds is less common. Getting a plot made should be easy enough. We can do them for you and so could many other appraisers. It does not need to be from a big lab to be accurate. All it takes is good eyes and a coordinated red and green pen.

uclaure

Rough_Rock
Acutally I just found out that the total price is going to be less, 888. The original price quoted was for setting of round diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results