shape
carat
color
clarity

Test of pic upload: Gene''s spinel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Testing.

alondrapsx.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Alrighty then!!!

This is a Morogoro spinel from Gene/Precision Gem, 2.48 ct. It is presently being set by JKT and I hope to have it in the next week to show you all, as your posts helped me select the metal and style.

I may have posted that at first, I did not like this stone. It was the first gemstone I bought from an online vendor, did not ''know'' Gene prior.

Gene said that I could return it, of course. For some reason, I could not do it!

Over time, I absolutely fell in love with this stone. It is very fiery in sunlight and it changes color: Blue-gray outside in daylight, lavender at night and still fiery.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks great :)

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, MTG, I love this stone and it is the first loose gemstone of the six I have that is being custom set. I took it to several jewelers in the area and they raved about the cutting, and it is beautifully cut, kudos to Gene. As it is a nonstandard size it required a custom job in all aspects and I decided to go with Julia, who loves Gene''s work also and understands that my objective is to feature the spinel and not tart it up too much and detract from it.

When the rings comes back, will post pics and also the pic of the Malaya garnet from Gene that I had made into a ring for my husband.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
How pretty! Is it going to be a ring?

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, a ring in argentium although I believe the bezel will be silver in order to allow for the 5-sided/10-sided aspect of the stone.

Should be done any day now. Will drive down to pick it up from Julia, we are about 90 minutes away.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/22/2009 3:06:33 PM
Author: StonieGrl
Will drive down to pick it up from Julia, we are about 90 minutes away.

So. Jealous.
I would be bugging her all the time to see what new things she''s making
9.gif

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
That would be fun, MTG, only thing, for security purposes Julia meets you at a spot of mutual convenience for security and insurance purposes. We had a nice brunch with her when we met to drop off the spinel and Malaya garnet.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Looks lovely - what a fun color!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have the original vendor photo from Gene. Interesting cut, reminds me of a flower
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results