shape
carat
color
clarity

Stones for various projects have come in!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Wow I love all of them. Great colours and cuts.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Violet3, thanks for posting that picture! In the stud thread everyone was talking about such small sizes and I was feeling like I was talking about monster sizes at 6ish millimeters. But those 8mm look great on you. Maybe those extra 2mm would have made a difference in the droop though?

Allison, Bob Kast's pictures are very similar to what I see in real life. I'd say that the tourmalines I bought are kind of hard to photograph because they really do change color and take on some of the color of what's around it. But I felt his photos were very accurate representations. And it's good, because that's why I hadn't bid on his ebay stuff either!

And thanks, Oddoneout!

ETA: Allison, if you go to the vendor comparison thread you'll see the mini-colage I did of Bob's photos versus my own.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
The last 24 hours have been very exciting. Tonight I picked up most of my pieces from the jewelry store. My tourmaline and apatite studs darkened a bit, but I love them. And the topaz look great and I''m having fun with the dangles. I''ve just been grinning like mad since getting them. Unfortunately, I got them once it was dark so there are no photos yet.

I also got my customized LOGR pendant for the apatite pear last night. Unfortunately, I don''t think the stone really goes with the stone, even though I customized it for the measurements. The pendant has tons of bling, and I''m debating whether the mounting is too formal/blingy for me. I''m going to live with it for a little while and get opinions (especially from y''all) about what to do with it.

So basically just wanted to say that I got my first gemstone jewelry pieces in and I''m just smiling away, and wondering what outfit I should wear tomorrow to best showcase the pieces. Woohoo!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Well, it''s been a little while but I thought I should post pictures of the final products. I''m only going to post the topaz stuff here, and I''ll link to other threads where I feel the other stuff is more relevant so that I don''t have the same pictures everywhere as I think it''s a PS no-no.

Just as a refresher, the pendant is a 14.8mm stone.

TopazPendant1.jpg

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s one showing a bit more of the flash of the topaz.

TopazPendant2.jpg

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
And here are two pictures of the earrings. One closer up, and one as a more real-life perspective shot (or at least as close and I can get to doing one as the photographer!). And these are 9.9mm stones.

TopazEarrings.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woah! They are all monster sized stones on you.
3.gif
It''s a lovely set though.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, elegant set.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Chrono and LovingGems!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results