shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with proposal: Cheesy or Just Right?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cspear

Rough_Rock
New to the forum but have been lurking for (almost embarrassed to say) a year and a half.

I have been dating my girlfriend for quite some time now and have decided to propose to her while we are on vacation during the Christmas holiday, heading to the Caribbean. I have, I think an ideal proposal situation but need to get some input before I put the plan into motion and then also need a plan b in case things do not pan out.

Here is my ideal plan:
We arrive at our destination in the afternoon. I am planning on calling the hotel''s concierge and having Champagne and fruit delivered to the room. So she does not get suspicious of what is going on I will tell her the Champagne is a late anniversary present. We will most likely have dinner and go out the first night but I am planning on telling her that we have to get up early the next morning for her Christmas present.

This is where things get tricky and still have to plan, but at least I have an idea. The next morning we will go to a dolphin swimming adventure park where I hope to have it set up that her and I have a personal tour/adventure swimming with dolphin etc. The last 2 or 3 trips we have taken she has talked about doing something like this but we never found the time. I am hoping the the dolphin trainer and I can work the proposal in towards the end of the adventure. I was thinking something along the lines of a message in a bottle that I can pre-write and the dolphin can deliver as if he found it on the bottom of the ocean. If I can arrange something like that I could either read the message to her on one knee or she can read it out loud while I get on one knee.

It all sounds good in my head but I could use any suggestions and possibly a plan b for a beach vacation only 3 weeks away. By the way since this is a diamond forum I am having a custom pear halo engagement ring made and should be done in 2 weeks?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like a great start. Does the person doing your ring know that you need it for your proposal in 3 weeks? If not, you should let them know.

The fruit & champagne when you arrive might be a bit much. Might get her suspicious and expecting a proposal that first night. (and expecting a proposal and not getting it is a good way to cause stress/sadness/anger)

My suggestion would be:
Have dinner & go out the first night. Make an excuse to keep it an early evening. "I''m so tired after the flight. Lets head back so we can be rested and enjoy tomorrow."

Also, I wouldn''t mention getting up early. Just get to bed early. Maybe wake her up with a light breakfast in bed.

Your message delivered by a dolphin is just so unique. She will never forget that.
I would suggest that you read the message to her. Get down on one knee part way through. If she gets emotional (who wouldn''t?) she may not be able to finish reading your message.

VERY IMPORTANT: Call the dolphin trainer BEFORE your trip. Make sure they are willing to do this.

As a backup plan:
After your swim with the dolphins you could have a private picnic lunch on the beach. (the hotel could probably arrange this)

cspear

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the response. The ring has been in the works for the past 3 weeks. I saw the wax model on Monday. He knows I need it before the trip.

I appreciate the advice and the alternate proposal suggestion. I contacted the Aquarium and we are talking back and forth to see if they can come up with a program that is a little more private than their typical tours of 12 people. I will hopefully find out in the next day or two if my original idea is a possibility.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/2/2009 3:14:17 PM
Author: cspear
Thanks for the response. The ring has been in the works for the past 3 weeks. I saw the wax model on Monday. He knows I need it before the trip.

I appreciate the advice and the alternate proposal suggestion. I contacted the Aquarium and we are talking back and forth to see if they can come up with a program that is a little more private than their typical tours of 12 people. I will hopefully find out in the next day or two if my original idea is a possibility.
Keep us updated. Good luck with the aquarium.

cspear

Rough_Rock
OK, I think I have come up with a plan B which I might like more than my original plan. I think it will depend on which plan shakes out. I was doing some more research on our vacation destination and found a boat charter that will take couples to a secluded island at sunset and serve dinner. I think that might be more romantic and I can have us go to the dolphin adventure the next day.

I think the dolphin adventure would be special and unique but I am not sure if I can hatch it out not being there before. Still working things out. I will keep you updated.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/2/2009 9:37:38 PM
OK, I think I have come up with a plan B which I might like more than my original plan. I think it will depend on which plan shakes out. I was doing some more research on our vacation destination and found a boat charter that will take couples to a secluded island at sunset and serve dinner. I think that might be more romantic and I can have us go to the dolphin adventure the next day.

I think the dolphin adventure would be special and unique but I am not sure if I can hatch it out not being there before. Still working things out. I will keep you updated.
Plan B sounds wonderful too. Either one will be a wonderful day she''ll never forget.

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Awww you are too cute. Both ideas are great. Also, try not to stress out to much because it''s going to be a super special and amazing proposal no matter what.. you are going to be in the Carribean after all. My fiance'' proposed to me while we were in Jamaica in January of this year and he was orginally planning on purposing while we were scuba diving and have the ring already planted in the ocean. Well it was a good thing he didn''t do that because I never ended up going scuba diving with him when he went. I unfortunately couldn''t do the scuba diving thing and had to back out the last minute. Nonetheless, he proposed to me while we were there and although it wasn''t what he had wanted, it was still amazing and something I''ll never forget. Good luck to you

cspear

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the response.

Everything is coming together. With less than 2 weeks before my trip who knew this would be so much work. I have the ring being made as we speak. I am crossing my fingers nothing goes wrong with that process. I am supposed to pick it up the day before we leave. I spent about a week and a half researching charter companies but had trouble actually getting in contact with one. I called a couple and only receive their voice-mail. I emailed a couple more charters but only received one response. The charter is putting together a quote for my idea of a sunset dinner on a remote beach. Although this is the only response I have gotten I feel good about it and the Charter representative seemed very energetic about the idea.

The charter rep said he knows of a small island about 8 miles off the coast that would be perfect. Thankfully he responded, if not this week would have been a full out sprint to find a suitable engagement idea. I have combined my two original ideas and have made reservations for the following morning to swim with dolphins. All is left to do is to tie up the loose ends, speak with her father and like I said before cross my fingers.

cspear

Rough_Rock
I just picked up my ER
36.gif
. Had it custom made 1.25 F VS1 Pear with halo. I''ll post a thread in proper category later. Friday is the big day. I think I have everything in place. I have a boat charter and dinner at sunset on secluded peer. I have talk to her parents the next thing to do is cross my fingers everything works out like I planned.

Cspear9b.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/15/2009 6:42:12 PM
I just picked up my ER
36.gif
. Had it custom made 1.25 F VS1 Pear with halo. I''ll post a thread in proper category later. Friday is the big day. I think I have everything in place. I have a boat charter and dinner at sunset on secluded peer. I have talk to her parents the next thing to do is cross my fingers everything works out like I planned.

Beautiful ring. I''m sure she will love it and (most importantly) say yes.
Let us know how it goes.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Good luck on the proposal!!! I''m looking forward to the updates when you two get back!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results