shape
carat
color
clarity

Trying to buy a yellow diamond made by Gemesis..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jeonghwa

Rough_Rock
I''d like to know if this vendor is trustworthy. Do anyone know anything about the following website?

shopping.schubachstore.com

I saw some yellow diamond made by gemesis on this website.

http://shopping.schubachstore.com/Gemesis-Diamonds

Please help! Thank you!

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I’ve never heard of them, which is not a mark against them by the way, so I’ll try to give you a generic idea on how to research a merchant online.

Read the site carefully. The first thing to look for is the ‘terms and conditions’ type information. You’re specifically looking for the returns and restocking policy but also look for fishing looking claims in the advertising that don’t match what you know or suspect to be true from other sources. These guys look pretty good. 30 days, no restocking fee and the only thing to watch out for is that you should be careful not to remove the security tag until you’re sure you’re satisfied. I’ll call that reasonable.

Next, check the BBB record in THEIR home town. Go to www.bbb.org. They’re a member and have zero complaints. Not a real long history but they’re not brand new either. Again, that gives them a pass. If you're worried about the short history, ask them about it and see if it's just that they're new to BBB or if they're really a new store. These guys claim a 100 year history on the site and I would be inclined to ask questions about that discrepancy to see what they have to say.

Check the manufacturer’s website to see if they’re an ‘authorized’ reseller. They are.

Check out other consumer protection sites like ripoffreport.com and the like. I haven’t done this but it's worth a few minutes of digging around.

Google their name and the name of their principals and see what turns up. You’re especially looking for material not written by them. They’ve got quite a bit of their own stuff online (which is a good thing because it means they take their web business seriously) and I didn’t spot anything derogatory. I didn’t look all that hard and you may want to dig a little more.

Make sure they take credit cards. They do. Actually, in my 5 minute perusal, the only thing I see that gives me pause at all is the credit card processing by Paypal. The paypal consumer protection is pretty lame for you and their service is fairly expensive for the merchant. It’s the reason that nearly every major dealer has their own credit card arrangement with their bank rather than using this method. It's one of the signs of a 'real' store. I wouldn’t call this a deal killer but it’s one strike against them.

All in all I would say they pass as a reasonable place to consider patronizing.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

cool_rock

Rough_Rock
I am in the exact same predicament as Jeonghwa. I am looking for a reputable dealer for Gemesis or other cultured Diamond in general.

I assumed that there would some pricescope regulars out there with personal experience purchasing cultured diamonds.

So far, I found several ways of purchasing colored cultured diamonds from Gemesis:
1. Gemesis sells direct - I found out
2. Same place that Jeonghwa found
3. http://www.jewelnet.com/ which is owned by the same owner as the Renaissance Diamond Corp

If there is anyone that has gone through what we are going through, I would appreciated sharing your experience.

EEFranklin

Shiny_Rock
Trade
While I have never done any business with Schubach, Neil gave some excellent insight into researching companies, applicable to buying anything online and off.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2009 11:56:45 AM
Author: denverappraiser
I’ve never heard of them, which is not a mark against them by the way, so I’ll try to give you a generic idea on how to research a merchant online.

Read the site carefully. The first thing to look for is the ‘terms and conditions’ type information. You’re specifically looking for the returns and restocking policy but also look for fishing looking claims in the advertising that don’t match what you know or suspect to be true from other sources. These guys look pretty good. 30 days, no restocking fee and the only thing to watch out for is that you should be careful not to remove the security tag until you’re sure you’re satisfied. I’ll call that reasonable.

Next, check the BBB record in THEIR home town. Go to www.bbb.org. They’re a member and have zero complaints. Not a real long history but they’re not brand new either. Again, that gives them a pass. If you''re worried about the short history, ask them about it and see if it''s just that they''re new to BBB or if they''re really a new store. These guys claim a 100 year history on the site and I would be inclined to ask questions about that discrepancy to see what they have to say.

Check the manufacturer’s website to see if they’re an ‘authorized’ reseller. They are.

Check out other consumer protection sites like ripoffreport.com and the like. I haven’t done this but it''s worth a few minutes of digging around.

Google their name and the name of their principals and see what turns up. You’re especially looking for material not written by them. They’ve got quite a bit of their own stuff online (which is a good thing because it means they take their web business seriously) and I didn’t spot anything derogatory. I didn’t look all that hard and you may want to dig a little more.

Make sure they take credit cards. They do. Actually, in my 5 minute perusal, the only thing I see that gives me pause at all is the credit card processing by Paypal. The paypal consumer protection is pretty lame for you and their service is fairly expensive for the merchant. It’s the reason that nearly every major dealer has their own credit card arrangement with their bank rather than using this method. It''s one of the signs of a ''real'' store. I wouldn’t call this a deal killer but it’s one strike against them.

All in all I would say they pass as a reasonable place to consider patronizing.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver
Wow really really informative, I am so impressed by the thorough way you research online vendors.
I bookmarked this page for future reference, and will make sure my web clients check all the boxes if they ever open an online store.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results